Shoutbox

It did not install fully - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: It did not install fully (/showthread.php?tid=58865)

It did not install fully by Shazzeh on 04-28-2006 at 09:57 PM

Every time I get on MSN I have to download it again... I don't know why it keeps happening but it is getting annoying.. Do you know what I can do? Please help because I enjoy using this service

RE: it dnt install fully by M73A on 04-28-2006 at 10:00 PM

download what again? msgplus or msn, your post isn't very clear

RE: it dnt install fully by Sunshine on 04-28-2006 at 10:08 PM

First of all check if Msg Plus! truly is gone: check if C:\Program Files\MessengerPlus! 3 folder is still there..if so then it's not gone and you can restart it by starting msgplus.exe through taskmanager (ctrl alt del > file > new task).

Next if you have Windows XP you can set Msg Plus! hooking to alternate mode:
- Plus > preferences > miscellaneous..under Messenger Plus! Automatic Recovery Options, set it to "Alternate".
- Reboot
- Start MSNM and check if it's still in alternate mode
- Ctrl alt del to go to taskmanager and in processeslist end msgplus.exe
- Now restart MSNM and see if Plus! appears in the menu, if so "alternate mode" is working fine.
- After checking you can remove Plus! from startuplist by going to: start > run ..type: msconfig <enter>, go to startuplist and uncheck MsgPlus (this step isn't really needed, if need be Plus! will switch to "Allternate" by itself, just check if it's still set to "Alternate" every now and then).

Alternate mode is only available in Windows 2000/XP. When you set hooking to "alternate" Messenger Plus! will be started when you start MSN Messenger (or Windows Messenger). Make sure you got no programs running preventing writing in the registry whilst setting it to "alternate mode" (an example of this sorta program is AdWatch, part of AdAware SE).

If you use another OS, try "default mode - forced".

If Msg Plus! truly got uninstalled (wich i doubt), redownload it from http://www.msgplus.net and install again...make sure there's no program preventing writing in the registry when you install.

RE: it dnt install fully by Shazzeh on 04-28-2006 at 10:16 PM

msgplus

quote:
Originally posted by M73A
download what again? msgplus or msn, your post isn't very clear

RE: it dnt install fully by Mike on 04-29-2006 at 07:23 AM

Also, if you install Messenger Plus! on a non-adminstrator account, you have to start it each time you restart your computer manually ;)

RE: it dnt install fully by user27089 on 04-29-2006 at 07:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Also, if you install Messenger Plus! on a non-adminstrator account, you have to start it each time you restart your computer manually ;)

To do this, simply go to C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3. At that destination, there should be a .exe file (easy to recognise). Right click that, press Send To > Desktop (Create Shortcut) and then move the shortcut where you want, now every time you start your computer, double click that icon to start the msgplus.exe process.

READ SUNSHINES POST BELOW FOR BETTER INSTRUCTIONS ;)
RE: It did not install fully by Sunshine on 04-29-2006 at 08:55 AM

I don't use limited accounts here but doesn't a limited (non-administrator) account also have a startup folder (in start > all programs)? If so you can place Msg Plus! inthere, no need to manually click anything ;)