Shoutbox

dmsn - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: dmsn (/showthread.php?tid=59734)

dmsn by chronic student on 05-25-2006 at 06:16 AM

does anyone know about dmsn? i downloaded it. i can see people even they are on 'appear offline' mode and whats more it alerts me when 'contact open chat window'. thats very nice i think. but the problem is i cant change my display picture :) and i cant use plugins like messenger plus! is this dmsn a fake programme?

RE: dmsn by Re-Mi on 05-25-2006 at 07:03 AM

Hello and welocme to the forum,

If the program you downloaded still is called dMSN then it's an old program.
It's renamed to Mercury messenger.
and in my opinion a good msn replacer (if you are on linux or mac)
you will find many anwsers to your questions on
www.mercury.to

Greetz,

Simple me

[edit] mods can move this to T.T. or something doesn't belong in plugins[/edit]

RE: dmsn by chronic student on 05-25-2006 at 08:26 AM

thank you. i downloaded mercury 1709. i cant see 'appear offline' people which i could when using dmsn (as u said older version) and it mercury doesnt alert me when someone opens chat window (but dmsn alerts). for these things ive searched mercury if there is a switch on/off mode. but i didnt find. what can i do? please help me.   

RE: dmsn by RaceProUK on 05-25-2006 at 10:17 AM

You shouldn't be able to see who's in 'Appear Offline' at all: the servers won't let you.

RE: dmsn by chronic student on 05-25-2006 at 10:38 AM

me and my friends are able to see who's in 'appear offline' when we use dmsn messenger. it's old version i think that's why it's got this feature.

RE: dmsn by Re-Mi on 05-25-2006 at 10:54 AM

i've PMed you about it, i wanted to anwser here, but you asked more questions in the pm.

Greetz,

Simple me

RE: dmsn by chronic student on 05-25-2006 at 11:26 AM

ok thanks. you've got a new PM :)

RE: dmsn by RaceProUK on 05-25-2006 at 04:52 PM

dMSN 1.7: Doesn't report 'Appear Offline' for me - it correctly thinks it's a logout.. Must only do so for other dMSN users.

Edit: And the English is poor too.

RE: dmsn by chronic student on 05-25-2006 at 07:30 PM

okk ive uninstalled it anyway it's useless... stuffplug rulez :P

RE: dmsn by Voldemort on 05-25-2006 at 08:26 PM

Well, you should know that you cant see offline users or when another person opens a convo, its impossible.

RE: dmsn by andrewdodd13 on 05-25-2006 at 08:38 PM

I don't think it's impossible to know when someone opens a conversation window, afaik using MSNP10 the RNG packet (which tells the user-client to connect to the switchboard) is still sent when a contact opens their window...

RE: dmsn by RaceProUK on 05-29-2006 at 01:23 PM

Yes it is; but I think it's also sent when retrieving the DP, hence current notifiers get a little confised sometimes.