Shoutbox

[Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) (/showthread.php?tid=61023)

[Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by -dt- on 06-25-2006 at 12:18 AM

Feedreader which provides toast alerts when new items come , theres also a feed reader and some other cool things

:P install it then click a plus menu and select rssreader -> Configure... and add a feed. :D

http://svn.thedt.net/release/rssreader.plsc

(subversion stuff here http://svn.thedt.net/www/cgi/viewcvs.cgi/scripts/...pts/dt/rssreader/ )

every week this will check for updates and if it finds any it will prompt you to download it.

Todo
- make two interfaces one "novice" mode and one "advanced" mode for adding/editing feeds
- a "remind me later" button for update interface

Known Bugs

Change log
Version 1.1.8
- now fully translatable using the xml files in the /languages subfolder and a language chooser in the options
- added an option to stop logging new feeds in event viewer
- added "133t" language option

Version 1.1.7
- Fixed some feeds that the xmlhttprequest didnt auto turn into xml eg http://www.msgweb.nl/en/msn_messenger_news.xml
- Improved the html parser
- added two default feeds for first time installers , the Plus Live site feed and the Script DB one.

Version 1.1.6
- Fixed the url replacing regular expression now it will replace urls where href isnt the first attribute.
- When sending articles from the Feed reader messages are send in groups of 1000 characters (using my new sendPartedMessage function)

Version 1.1.5
- Added Ability to enter username/password for feeds that use HTTP basic auth
- Improved errors that show when adding a script.
- when adding a script if it needs a login it will auto show the window and then redownload once you've finished

Version 1.1.3
- Added Send to Contact in feed viewer
- Added a send script to contact button in the about window
- improved html stripping function

Version 1.1.2
- started cleaning the code , all functions in rssreader.js and window.js now have comments
- a new url security window will show up if a toast url isn't a real one (eg is a bad system command or something...)

Version 1.1.1
- Increased width of feedViewer
- added about window
- added commands (/feedreload , /feedchecknow , /feedshow , /feedconfig , /feedpsdmconfig , /feedabout )
- added "check feeds now" menu item

Version 1.1.0 ( yay for skipping versions)
- Added update PSM to news item feature
- fixed a deleting feed bug which left a node after being deleted

Version 1.0.8
- Added ability to enable/disable feeds via checkboxes
- Fixed toast callbacks after api change

Version: 1.0.7
- Added Feed viewer ... to access click the plus! icon and select rssreader -> View Feeds...
(see screenshot below)

Version: 1.0.5
-Fixed mimetype problem with responseXML not loading ... now i force it to :P
-Fixed a extremly dodgy cacheing bug , would cause the cache to be only valid every second download.

Version: 1.0.4
- Added Atom support
- Added rss RDF support
- Improved parsing of html in toasts
- Fixed auto update showing before user is signed in (so user cant install it) - thanks absorbation for finding it.

Version: 1.0.3
-Added email me updated feeds if my status is not online (busy/away/on the phone/out to lunch/appear offline)
-Added checkbox to disable/enable auto updates
- changed rss timer to a Timer.setInterval

Version: 1.0.2
- Id's didnt get created with numbers in them , but in the add window code they did (thanks chestah for finding this)
- added clickable toasts to preview
- fixed html entitys in preview toasts

Version : 1.0.1
updated to use the different toasts so i could use formatting.
fixed the cache dies bug  , so you shouldnt get anymore toast floods.
'title' element is now shown in toasts and bolded , the next release will have an option to configure this.

Screenshots of main window , a toast and the add feed window
[Image: rssreaderscreenshots.jpg]

Update psm window
[Image: rssreaderpsm.jpg]

Update window
[Image: rssreaderupdate.jpg]

Feed viewer
[Image: rssfeedviewer.jpg]

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by SteveUK on 06-25-2006 at 12:34 AM

Incredibly handy, nice work.

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by Val on 06-25-2006 at 01:02 AM

Great work -dt- :D

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by Jellings on 06-25-2006 at 01:38 AM

what's the RSS (if there is one) for the mess.be news

+i see a mess.be forums RSS thing in the screenshot, what's that?

RE: RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by alexp2_ad on 06-25-2006 at 01:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jellings
what's the RSS (if there is one) for the mess.be news

www.mess.be/news.xml
RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by aNILEator on 06-25-2006 at 01:47 AM

messenger web news still doesn't work mate

http://www.msgweb.nl/en/msn_messenger_news.xml

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by Jellings on 06-25-2006 at 02:07 AM

with the mess.be one it gives an error when i click "parse" (error: 403: forbidden) *confused* is there a way to be able to get rss from mess.be or will it always be forbidden?

quote:
Originally posted by Jellings

i meant i see a msghelp.net forums RSS thing in the screenshot..
RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by aNILEator on 06-25-2006 at 02:15 AM

latest threads feed http://shoutbox.menthix.net/backend.php?get=latestthreads

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by Jackal on 06-25-2006 at 03:18 AM

If I use the edit button to edit a feed in current feeds
I can only use the 'Add' button to confirm my modification which does not modify the original feed but create a new one
Is it a bug?

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by Deano on 06-25-2006 at 05:54 AM

Oh I'm loving this its awesome as great work (Y)

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by Mr. Bougo on 06-25-2006 at 08:52 AM

Nice one!!!

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by TomSilver on 06-25-2006 at 12:04 PM

Doesn't work...
Weebls-Stuff.com gives error when parsing (http://www.weebls-stuff.com/misc/rss/all.php gives Error: cannot find any items, www.weebls-stuff.com/misc/rss/all.php without the http just keeps downloading)
Mess.be RSS feed gives 403...

RE: RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by Mr. Bougo on 06-25-2006 at 12:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TomSilver
Doesn't work...
Weebls-Stuff.com gives error when parsing (http://www.weebls-stuff.com/misc/rss/all.php gives Error: cannot find any items, www.weebls-stuff.com/misc/rss/all.php without the http just keeps downloading)

But RSS feeds are xml, no?
RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by absorbation on 06-25-2006 at 12:34 PM

quote:
Doesn't work...

It could be because those feeds may have problems :P. Some reeders fix the problems automaticlly, but it is up the feed creator to get it valid and working :).
RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by -dt- on 06-25-2006 at 01:03 PM

quote:
www.weebls-stuff.com/misc/rss/all.php
ill look into it
RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by rattenfanger on 06-25-2006 at 02:48 PM

http://www.tweakers.net/feeds/nieuws.xml doesn't work.. "Error 0: Unknown"

But its a very very nice script!

Edit: It looks like the script has problems with RSS 2.0 feeds. My feed and the feed above are both RSS 2.0

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by -dt- on 06-27-2006 at 02:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
messenger web news still doesn't work mate

http://www.msgweb.nl/en/msn_messenger_news.xml
works now download the new version
RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by Pure_BY on 06-27-2006 at 03:01 PM

This is really a great script, thanks a lot :)

But I have a small request to you: if you right-click the toats pop-up window (to close the pop-up), or click on the [x] button on the pop-up, can you please make your plugin mark that particular news item 'read' so that it won't display again?

The situation now is: so long you have not left-clicked on a pop-up, it keeps showing up every something minutes. No way to turn it off rather then left click it, but that opens browser; yes, I know that I can cnage the left-click behaviour, but I DO want it to open browser :P I only don't want to read ALL the news I get, just some.. So I want to be able to stop the pop-up from appearing twice by right-clicking it, or by clicking on the [x] button :)

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by Pure_BY on 06-30-2006 at 08:29 PM

I found one more bug: no idea what causes that, but sometimes nothing happens when I want to acces preferences. Simply nothing happens when I click "Configure..." under Plus! menu :S

For the rest: really a great job!

RE: RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by rattenfanger on 06-30-2006 at 08:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pure_BY
This is really a great script, thanks a lot :)

But I have a small request to you: if you right-click the toats pop-up window (to close the pop-up), or click on the [x] button on the pop-up, can you please make your plugin mark that particular news item 'read' so that it won't display again?

The situation now is: so long you have not left-clicked on a pop-up, it keeps showing up every something minutes. No way to turn it off rather then left click it, but that opens browser; yes, I know that I can cnage the left-click behaviour, but I DO want it to open browser :P I only don't want to read ALL the news I get, just some.. So I want to be able to stop the pop-up from appearing twice by right-clicking it, or by clicking on the [x] button :)

I agree with that. But with some differences.. When I saw a popup I don't want to see it another time. Maybe you can make some settings for that?

-Show it only ones
-Show it until I click it left or click the X
RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by jmccarroll on 07-10-2006 at 09:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rattenfanger
I agree with that. But with some differences.. When I saw a popup I don't want to see it another time. Maybe you can make some settings for that?

-Show it only ones
-Show it until I click it left or click the X
Yeah I would like to chime in on these that say show each one only once.  It irritates me that I have to left click on each one of them to not get it to show again, though I understand why it's done that way.  Also, can you make it to where you can enable toasts feed specific.  There are some that I want toasts for, and some that I do not, but with the current format you have to have toasts for all of them or none of them.
RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by aNILEator on 07-10-2006 at 10:30 AM

http://www.msgweb.nl/en/msn_messenger_news.xml is STILL not working, using 1.1.9 also RSS reader keeps spawning the pop ups that i've seen before (mainly from pspupdates)

oh and in 1.1.9 you've buggered up the add feed window, got some random square icons

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by jmccarroll on 07-10-2006 at 10:32 AM

quote:
http://www.msgweb.nl/en/msn_messenger_news.xml is STILL not working, using 1.1.8 also RSS reader keeps spawning the pop ups that i've seen before (mainly from pspupdates)
Click the link in his first post.  It has been updated to 1.1.9
RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by aNILEator on 07-10-2006 at 10:50 AM

see updated post ^^

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by -dt- on 07-10-2006 at 10:52 AM

quote:
http://www.msgweb.nl/en/msn_messenger_news.xml is STILL not working, using 1.1.9 also RSS reader keeps spawning the pop ups that i've seen before (mainly from pspupdates)

oh and in 1.1.9 you've buggered up the add feed window, got some random square icons
I know i left some stuff in the translation file

and im looking into the random toasts :/
RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by mickael9 on 07-11-2006 at 03:13 PM

Hi, this is my french translation

but lot of strings are not translated (bug ?):

[Image: capture75mb.th.jpg]
[Image: capture68vq.th.jpg]
[Image: capture50im.th.jpg]
[Image: capture41cx.jpg]
[Image: capture34mz.th.jpg]
[Image: capture25ht.th.jpg]
[Image: capture15ct.th.jpg]

Edit : also "Last updated" in feed viewer.

Edit : Language file updated [04:42]

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by -dt- on 07-11-2006 at 03:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mickael9
Hi, this is my french translation
thanks alot ill add it to the main build , Ill see what i can do about the not translated things.

The window titles "rssreader - xxxx" I have not a clue how to change but everything else should be easyish...
RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by mickael9 on 07-11-2006 at 03:35 PM

Why not add OPML import (and export) feature ?

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by Thor on 07-11-2006 at 03:48 PM

Great work dt, I'll translate just for fun :D

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by -dt- on 07-11-2006 at 04:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nitrolinken
just wait im uploading a new version now... :P

edit:
redownload Ive fixed a few translation things
RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by Thor on 07-11-2006 at 05:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
quote:
just wait im uploading a new version now... :P

edit:
redownload Ive fixed a few translation things
You're too late...

BTW, Norwegian translation is not possible... Because æ, ø and å isn't Unicode characters... :(

So, u've two choices;
Use JS as translation files, or forget about Norwegian translation...
RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by mickael9 on 07-12-2006 at 12:53 AM

quote:
BTW, Norwegian translation is not possible... Because æ, ø and å isn't Unicode characters... :(

Try æ for æ , ø for ø and å for å or check the file encoding : Unicode BOM (UTF-16)
RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by amethyst on 07-12-2006 at 01:11 AM

hi dt, thanks so much for rssreader..it's really useful :)

Anyway, i'm not sure if it's just me but 1.1.9 does not load automatically again when the MSNLive! program is restarted.. I've to enable it again from the msgplus preferences..

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by mickael9 on 07-12-2006 at 01:39 AM

I've updated my french translation :)

There are other not translated windows :

[Image: capture139mq.jpg]
[Image: capture148nu.th.jpg]
[Image: capture127wr.th.jpg]

why not use Interface files (rssinterface.xml and updateInterface.xml) as translation files and a strings.xml file for error messages/toasts ?

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by -dt- on 07-12-2006 at 04:39 AM

Thanks for the updated translation

quote:
Originally posted by mickael9
why not use Interface files (rssinterface.xml and updateInterface.xml) as translation files and a strings.xml file for error messages/toasts ?
because then i would have to have like 5 copies of the interface files (which are pretty big) and if i updated one interface i would have to go through and edit each one :-/ , keeping them as strings in a different file is smaller and works nicer..... just i keep missing some :P

quote:
Originally posted by amethyst
Anyway, i'm not sure if it's just me but 1.1.9 does not load automatically again when the MSNLive! program is restarted.. I've to enable it again from the msgplus preferences..
redownload it, that was a bug i fixed before :P
(I havent updated the changelog yet..)
RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by mickael9 on 07-12-2006 at 09:42 AM

quote:
because then i would have to have like 5 copies of the interface files (which are pretty big) and if i updated one interface i would have to go through and edit each one :-/ , keeping them as strings in a different file is smaller and works nicer..... just i keep missing some :P
You can modify interface files when a new language is selected (only for titles)
for example :
code:
var sNewTitle = "My new title from language file";
var xmlDoc=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM");
var node;

xmlDoc.async="false";
xmlDoc.load("rssinterface.xml");
node = xmlDoc.selectSingleNode('/Interfaces/Window[@Id="rssReaderConf"]/Attributes/Caption/text()');
node.text = sNewTitle;

node = xmlDoc.selectSingleNode('/Interfaces/Window[@Id="rssReaderConf"]/TitleBar/Title/Text/text()');
node.text = sNewTitle;

xmlDoc.save("rssinterface.xml");

rssinterface.xml :
code:
<Window Id="rssReaderConf" Version="1">
    <Attributes>
        <Caption>My new title from language file</Caption>
    </Attributes>
    <TitleBar>
        <Title><Text>My new title from language file</Text></Title>
    </TitleBar>

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by jmccarroll on 07-12-2006 at 01:34 PM

Can you make something that says whether an item has been read or not? Like in the feed view window have an icon out beside them so we would know quickly about what has/hasn't been read.

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by Ices_Eyes on 07-12-2006 at 02:16 PM

Hi all...Just for my pure pleasure I've done also the italian translation for thin useful script... :D

Bye all, good works :banana:

PS: hope i've not done so much errors... :S

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by Deano on 07-14-2006 at 10:35 AM

Mine now stops and i have to go into the scripts section to turn it on can you please fix this bug im running the latest version of the feeder

Why does it always stop :S

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by Chestah on 07-14-2006 at 10:40 AM

quote:
Todo
- make two interfaces one "novice" mode and one "advanced" mode for adding/editing feeds

tsskk :P
RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by Pure_BY on 07-14-2006 at 12:19 PM

I have a small bug... When signing out of WLM, and signing in again... this script is "disabled". In Plus! preferences menu it is still selected ( [v] sign is there), but at the same time it says: "stopped" for some reason. I need to deselect it ( [ ] ), than select it again ( [v] ), and than it's enabled again. This happens every time I sign-in, and only with the new version -- 1.1.9 . Did not have that bug with older versions.

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by P4R4D0x on 07-17-2006 at 07:08 AM

The psm option has never worked for me...

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by wj on 07-18-2006 at 10:03 PM

* wj kicks -DT- again for not fixing the bugs he said he did

It's still showing events multiple times.

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by 4penguino on 08-08-2006 at 09:04 AM

the script is brill great work ill use it forever now

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by Deano on 08-23-2006 at 03:09 AM

Loving the RSSreader (Y):D but Just wondering whats changed in version 1.2.0 *-)

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by Pure_BY on 08-23-2006 at 12:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Deano
Loving the RSSreader (Y):D but Just wondering whats changed in version 1.2.0 *-)
Where do you have version 1.2.0 from? Af far as I knew, the latest version was 1.9 :-/
RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by rattenfanger on 08-23-2006 at 12:09 PM

I got an automatic update for 1.2.0 :) Nothing in the changelog yet...

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by Jimbo on 08-23-2006 at 12:18 PM

kl script

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by Pure_BY on 08-23-2006 at 12:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rattenfanger
I got an automatic update for 1.2.0 :) Nothing in the changelog yet...
You're right! I also don't see anything new, so it's probably only bugfixes. What is anyways very nice.
RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by -dt- on 08-23-2006 at 12:46 PM

I fixed a few bugs =p ill update the changelog soon , sorry i kind of forgot i updated it :P

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by Gonçalo F. on 09-01-2006 at 02:19 PM

hello. thank you for this script, it's very useful.

i would like make a suggestion. there should be an option to disable viewing feeds when our status is set to busy. i mean, in certain cirumstances it doesn't make any difference, but it's very annoying to see feeds when watching a video, for example, and the only way to avoid it is to disable the script or end the session.

edit: adding a command like /feedbusyoff would be great to turn this option on and off without having to open the configuration window every time.

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by Pure_BY on 09-01-2006 at 02:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Gonçalo F.
there should be an option to disable viewing feeds when our status is set to busy. i mean, in certain cirumstances it doesn't make any difference, but it's very annoying to see feeds when watching a video, for example, and the only way to avoid it is to disable the script or end the session.
Agreed! (Y)(Y)
RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by DMZ on 09-07-2006 at 10:14 PM

I'm looking for a way to have my Contact name updated automatically everytime I update my blog... (as an alternative to MSN spaces...)

so everytime I post something new, my contact name (not PSM) is updated lik so....

DMZ -=- [My URL] -=- My last blog entry: [blogTimeStamp] -=-

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by A06 on 10-07-2006 at 01:09 PM

Hi !
I've a problem : RSSReader never update !
Here is my RSS link : http://a06.goldzoneweb.info/blog/rss.php, i put it in the script, it update when i Add it, but never update after...so i see the autoupdate clock work ( because the hours change in the "View feeds" option ) but it don't read the feed

( sorry for my english, i'm french :s )

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by Rob G on 11-05-2006 at 12:53 PM

Thanks for the great work mate.
Love it. (H)

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by ins4ne on 11-12-2006 at 02:21 PM

i always get an error when i click on the clickable title of a feed. see attached screenshot

[Image: attachment.php?pid=752453]

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by Menthix on 11-12-2006 at 02:42 PM

ins4ne: Is that only for the links in the Plus! news feed, or also in other feeds like for example the Plus! scripts feed?

If its only the news feed, that is probably because of an error in the feed: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=68...d=751422#pid751422

Patch? fix it! :)

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by ins4ne on 11-12-2006 at 02:50 PM

aha!! like you said. only for the news feed. how to fix it?

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by ins4ne on 11-12-2006 at 03:53 PM

sorry for double post but noticed some things. i love the rssreader script and thats why i posts this stuff. found an error. see screenshot.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=752489]

ill post more if i find any other erros and typos :)

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by -dt- on 11-12-2006 at 04:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ins4ne
aha!! like you said. only for the news feed. how to fix it?
you dont =p you wait for patchou to fix the feed

and pfft at the typo =p
RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by ins4ne on 11-12-2006 at 04:31 PM

quote:
you dont =p you wait for patchou to fix the feed
i know. Menthix told me
quote:
and pfft at the typo =p
i just wanted to help :(
RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by Menthix on 11-12-2006 at 06:21 PM

dit: If you're changing things anyway, change the scripts feed URL to http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/feed/ . The old one will still work, but new one looks nicer :).

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by SMerrill8 on 12-05-2006 at 05:47 AM

What if I get Error #407, Proxy authentication required?  I have no proxy, so what ports do I need to open on my firewall for RSS (I've never done it before.)  I am assuming that the default feeds should work without these errors. . .

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by tominic on 07-06-2008 at 05:01 PM

Hey

I'm trying to add my facebook 'notifications' RSS feed. I paste it in and click parse yet it just says Downloading...for ages and does nothing.

I've tried other RSS feeds and it does the same.

Any ideas why?

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by Tarti on 07-26-2008 at 09:33 PM

The script don't work while parsing !

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by DarknessW on 08-26-2009 at 03:28 PM

when i click "Parse" when trying to add a new feed it stays like this:

quote:

for like forever. is it a bug?
RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by bocinet on 10-29-2009 at 01:10 PM

Hi everyone!

I can't add any feeds :(

I open the config dialog
press the add button
copy the link, and press Parse button

then the script write this message:

and nothing happens than...

If i try to press the add button, it gives a lot off error messages
like please fill rss nodes to show...

I tried many rss feeds, noone works :(
I'm wery said...

Please help me, what is wrong?

rss feeds i was try example: http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/browse/rss.php
http://index.hu/x?t=/24ora/rss/
http://www.xtvi.com/rss.php

thank you!

boci

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by bocinet on 10-29-2009 at 10:45 PM

I translated the language file to hungarian!

RE: [Release] Rssreader (now with ATOM support + feed viewer window) by bocinet on 10-30-2009 at 02:05 PM

I can put rss feeds to rssConfig.xml manualy.

And it's works, but not too elegant:)

I don't no, what is the problem anyway.