Shoutbox

HopperLive announced, to be released in July - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: HopperLive announced, to be released in July (/showthread.php?tid=61079)

HopperLive announced, to be released in July by Mnjul on 06-25-2006 at 02:56 AM

Hello everyone,

I'd like to announce the development of successor of Hopper, HopperLive for Messenger Plus! Live and Windows Live Messenger. The Preview Release of HopperLive will be made available somewhere in July.

If you are new to Hopper, allow me to introduce it to you: Hopper is an (old) Messenger Plus! plug-in that generates "toasts" (sign-in notifications of Messenger) on your contact's side. For illustration, take a look at the HopperLive website.

HopperLive is a brand new, completely re-coded version of Hopper, with the following key features:

• Complete restructure for seamless cooperation with Messenger Plus! Live new powerful scripting interface.
  • More user friendly and easier to use
  • More intuitive Hopper Control Center
  • The ability to check for update automatically
  • HopKey has been redesigned to become "Presets", which can be launched by HCC, /xhop commands or HopKeys

If you are new Hopper, don't bother read on :chrongue:

Some people might be concerned about this, so before you ask, yes, the new Hopper will still have Anti-Flood Protection.

The Preview Release will have 3 minutes for both universal and contact-specific hop. However, the new Hopper is planned to come with a usage statistics collector (like the old Plus! 3) and I'll try to use the statistics to set up a perfect "AFP interval" that strike a balance between "flooding" and "drawing contacts' attention". So I hope to make everyone (you and your contacts) happy when the second build of HopperLive is released.

For Hopper is publicly available and will probably be put on MsgPlus! Live's official Script library, AFP should not be rashly removed from it. If AFP was removed, Hopper could easily become a tool to flood, seriously. It would not be appropriate for such annoying Script to be publicly and officially associated with Plus!. I hope you understand me, thanks.
RE: HopperLive announced, to be released in July by Jellings on 06-25-2006 at 03:01 AM

sounds awesome.
will your contacts need plus! live too so that they can get the toasts or not?

RE: HopperLive announced, to be released in July by Mnjul on 06-25-2006 at 03:08 AM

No they need not Plus! Live nor HopperLive to see the toasts. The toasts are actually fabricated sign-in notifications (xxxxxx has signed in). :)

RE: HopperLive announced, to be released in July by ykz on 06-25-2006 at 03:11 AM

sounds really cewl!! ^^

it seems like there can be different text on the toasts according to the website, am i right?

RE: HopperLive announced, to be released in July by Jellings on 06-25-2006 at 03:12 AM

oh ok, that's kl

RE: HopperLive announced, to be released in July by Mnjul on 06-25-2006 at 03:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ykz
sounds really cewl!! ^^

it seems like there can be different text on the toasts according to the website, am i right?
Yes, it's called "Split messages".
You can create split messages with HopperLive as WYSIWYG. ;)
RE: HopperLive announced, to be released in July by fergofrog on 06-28-2006 at 07:28 AM

Great, i love hopper i can't wait! Do you have any idea on when in July it will be out?

RE: HopperLive announced, to be released in July by linx05 on 06-28-2006 at 07:58 AM

Man I cannot wait.

RE: HopperLive announced, to be released in July by John Anderton on 06-28-2006 at 08:00 AM

Hmmm eagerly awaiting it Mnjul ;)

RE: HopperLive announced, to be released in July by giken on 06-28-2006 at 08:50 AM

Hope to get it soon ;)

RE: HopperLive announced, to be released in July by deAd on 06-28-2006 at 02:15 PM

How does this work? Does it just change your nickname, set your status to Appear Offline and then to Online, and change the nick back?

RE: HopperLive announced, to be released in July by Mnjul on 06-30-2006 at 02:11 PM

The Preview Release is scheduled around mid-July (To those concerned: The only thing I've been doing recently when I feel ok and have adequate sleep is: coding Hopper :chrongue:) The date of final release will depend on the feedbacks on Preview Release. :)

quote:
Originally posted by deAd
How does this work? Does it just change your nickname, set your status to Appear Offline and then to Online, and change the nick back?
By and large, yes. :)

A screenshot says more than words:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=682590]
RE: HopperLive announced, to be released in July by prashker on 06-30-2006 at 02:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
The date of final release will depend on the feedbacks on Preview Release. (Smilie)
quote:
A screenshot says more than words:

:drool:

Awsome (y)

That looks great ..... I hope the rest of HopperLive looks the same :) (not really the same but in awsomeness ;-))

* prashker can't wait :sad:

But I will have to :)
RE: HopperLive announced, to be released in July by Cantunis on 06-30-2006 at 02:31 PM

Me either , cant wait to annoy those pesky ppl that keep sending stupid msgs :D

RE: HopperLive announced, to be released in July by jerone on 07-02-2006 at 11:43 AM

cant wait, because all the time i want to press ctrl+alt+H :P

RE: RE: HopperLive announced, to be released in July by jerone on 07-28-2006 at 01:38 PM

quote:
The Preview Release is scheduled around mid-July ...

what is the current state of HopperLive, as it almost end-july
let us know

gr J
RE: HopperLive announced, to be released in July by Sunshine on 07-28-2006 at 02:12 PM

HopperLive: Download Preview Release now

RE: HopperLive announced, to be released in July by absorbation on 07-28-2006 at 03:47 PM

Sounds nice :P. This, you can just tell is a professional script which the final outcome will be great (Y).