Shoutbox

Anyone having this problem please post in here - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Anyone having this problem please post in here (/showthread.php?tid=61151)

Anyone having this problem please post in here by Panzer Dragoon on 06-25-2006 at 07:02 AM

Okay... i was on the chat channel for help and i saw quite a few people with the same problem as myself

please only post in this topic if you have a problem similar to my problem

You cant use the sounds function*
You cant access any of the tools on the in-chat toolbar for Plus! Live*
Your auto-messages for personal statuses do not get sent when someone talks to you
Your Quick Texts do not work
You cant change your Display name colour

*instead of it opening you hear a sound like the one when you try to backspace when there is nothing there to delete

and no matter what you do or how many times you uninstall and re-install NONE of these and maybe more work

well i have opened a topic for people with this problem ONLY

do not be fooled i dont have ANY ideas i just started this too see if we had anything in commen about our computers that could be causing the problem and to help patchou see the extent of how many people are having this problem

i am also using SP2

PLEASE POST IF YOU ARE HAVING THIS PROBLEM SO WE GET THE FULL EXTENT OF THE PROBLEM

i have tried the 235 build and unfortunatly it has not fixed my problem.. i dont know if it has fixed your problem and if it did then :-) but it has not worked for me :-(

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Felu on 06-25-2006 at 07:07 AM

Having the same problems and almost no feature works, but its only with Media Center Edision SP2 of Windows XP.

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Chestah on 06-25-2006 at 07:08 AM

Are you using Windows XP with SP1 or SP2 ? There is a known bug with users running Windows XP with no service packs.

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Sandman on 06-25-2006 at 07:14 AM

Yep, same prob here.. im running latest WLM, latest Messenger Plus! and Windows XP Pro SP1

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by InEEd on 06-25-2006 at 07:17 AM

i'm running all latest stuff also SP2  and it's not working properly.

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Techboy__ on 06-25-2006 at 07:17 AM

Why isnt there a no option, lol

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Panzer Dragoon on 06-25-2006 at 07:18 AM

there aint a no option because if you aint having the problem you dont post...

the poll is so that patchou can get an idea of how many people are having the problem not how many arent having the problem...

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Chestah on 06-25-2006 at 07:19 AM

Please do not make duplicate threads. If you are having this issue then please post in this thread:

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=61026

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by hunPaladin on 06-25-2006 at 07:19 AM

hi i have the same problem atest WML and plus live and windows pro SP1

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Panzer Dragoon on 06-25-2006 at 07:22 AM

no that is about a different problem its completely different...

this problem is when you get it downloaded and its working fine apart from the functions are not working....

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Felu on 06-25-2006 at 07:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
Please do not make duplicate threads. If you are having this issue then please post in this thread:

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=61026
Thats something completely different :dodgy:
RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Panzer Dragoon on 06-25-2006 at 07:30 AM

sorry but due to some tampering with the poll you will have to re-enter your vote

PLEASE REMEMBER THIS THREAD/POLL ONLY APPLIES TO PEOPLE WITH THIS PROBLEM

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Techboy__ on 06-25-2006 at 07:58 AM

Latest version: 4.00.235 released June 24th 2006  download now

hi guys go get it

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Panzer Dragoon on 06-25-2006 at 08:01 AM

this build has not solved the problems i am having :-(

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by InEEd on 06-25-2006 at 08:10 AM

it's still the same... :(

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Panzer Dragoon on 06-25-2006 at 08:11 AM

can i ask.. did any of you try the leaked build from softpedia and places like that when it was in BETA ?

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Sandman on 06-25-2006 at 08:13 AM

W00t!, new fixed helped :D ..Its working ..BUT! ..My fav feature is gone :(. .When u pressed ( a window whould pop up showing your emoticons, but it seems its gone :( ..Still ..Great work Patchou!

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by fergofrog on 06-25-2006 at 08:15 AM

I have exactly the same problem!

RE: RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Panzer Dragoon on 06-25-2006 at 08:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Panzer Dragoon
can i ask.. did any of you try the leaked build from softpedia and places like that when it was in BETA ?

if you are having problems and you tried ANY of the leaked builds please say so

my bro couldnt wait for it so he foolishly downloaded a leaked build from softpedia

patchou if you pop by can you tell me if this be the problem ?
RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by mrbay on 06-25-2006 at 09:58 AM

im using XP pro with sp2 and i have the same prob. i cant use any buttons or commands from mpl..

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by mrbay on 06-25-2006 at 10:23 AM

before i forget i dont see colors in nicknames. like before i installed mpl.. it seems like it doesnt work or i dont know.. i have the Plus! menu but any Plus related command arent working

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by rpsgc on 06-25-2006 at 12:44 PM

quote:
Your Quick Texts do not work

Another one here. Not even the /me command works! :@
It doesn't work with either build (234 or 235).
RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Gioyna on 06-25-2006 at 12:53 PM

I've the same prpblems...

I've SP1{I think} and i can't use anyone of the msp buttons..

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Smog on 06-25-2006 at 01:17 PM

Same here...

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by GrimReapersSon on 06-25-2006 at 01:18 PM

I'm havin the same probs
Useing..
Windows Xp SP2

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Sephiroth on 06-25-2006 at 01:31 PM

Hello all ... I have the same problem too and I use XP home with SP2 :(

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Joelito on 06-25-2006 at 01:38 PM

My only problems is that colored nick only works on my main MSN Messenger window, but it doesn't on conversation windows :(

Windows XP SP2 + WLM (8.0.0787.00)

Any ideas?

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by rpsgc on 06-25-2006 at 01:56 PM

I used the leaked Beta version for a couple of months and I must say... what? is THIS the final version? 8-)

Moral of the story: the beta version worked just fine, this does not.

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by bee_honey on 06-25-2006 at 02:23 PM

Has:
XP Pro SP1
MP!Live (235)

Me too same prob... :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by grik on 06-25-2006 at 03:17 PM

Something similair,  feature been removed but i hope it will be back soon, Renaming contact on PLUS, with backup possibillity!

Thanks for all

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by rafa_290 on 06-25-2006 at 03:48 PM

I'VE THE SAME PROBLEM, I'M SPANISH, USING THE SPANISH VERSION, AND I'VE THE SAME PROBLEMS.

Afortunately, i'm not the only one (i was a little worried). did anyone fix the problem?

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Manuela on 06-25-2006 at 03:58 PM

I've the same problem and I'm French...

I can't use anyone of the MSP buttons..

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Anthor on 06-25-2006 at 04:04 PM

I've the same problem.... and i'm french too :(

I'm using Windows XP SP2

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Voldemort on 06-25-2006 at 04:12 PM

Well, as most of you dont state plus version, I assume you downloaded from the official site, the latest version, build 235?

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Sephiroth on 06-25-2006 at 04:15 PM

yes voldemort, i download the latest version of msgplus! live in the official site ;)

( I think the others too but I don't really know ^^ )

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Gioyna on 06-25-2006 at 04:22 PM

Yes...i downloaded from the official site.....but it doesn't work!

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Felu on 06-25-2006 at 04:24 PM

I think mostly everone here(in this thread) has the latest build of MP!L.

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by tony on 06-25-2006 at 04:27 PM

All of you who have problems be sure to download the latest Messenger Plus Live! version, which is 4.00.235 plenty of you might still have the 4.00.234.

http://www.msgpluslive.net/download/

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Felu on 06-25-2006 at 04:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tony
wich
which
quote:
Originally posted by tony
All of you who have problems be sure to download the latest Messenger Plus Live! version, wich is 4.00.235 plenty of you might still have the 4.00.234.

http://www.msgpluslive.net/download/

But the problem is still there :(. But remember my problem is only with MCE. http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=61020
RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Voldemort on 06-25-2006 at 04:30 PM

Well, people, could you try redownloading from the official site and reinstalling?
I was talking with someone, and we think that it may have been possible that many of you got a corrupt version beacause of the server load?

1- redowload from here http://download.msgpluslive.net/setup/MsgPlusLive-400.exe
2- reinstall
3-post results :)

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Felu on 06-25-2006 at 04:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
Well, people, could you try redownloading from the official site and reinstalling?
I was talking with someone, and we think that it may have been possible that many of you got a corrupt version beacause of the server load?

1- redowload from here http://download.msgpluslive.net/setup/MsgPlusLive-400.exe
2- reinstall
3-post results :)
Dont tell me to try this for thr 7th time :S.
RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Panzer Dragoon on 06-25-2006 at 04:32 PM

Toni we are having completly different problems to the one that the 235 build fixed

only 1 person here so far (out of around 30 people so far) has been helped by that build

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Luigi on 06-25-2006 at 04:35 PM

A friend of mine is having the same problem.
Plus! icon and menu are there, and she can open the preference window, but she doesn't see formatted nicknames as she should with plus! installed, neither she can use any /command.
That's strange, it has never happened before.

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Sephiroth on 06-25-2006 at 04:44 PM

I tried to do what you said voldemort .. but the problem is still here :(
From where can the problem come?!! ...

PS: sorry if my english is not exact but I'm french :)

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by sephythedark on 06-25-2006 at 04:47 PM

I think i have cracked this!!!

Anyone who has this problem;

Uninstall EVERYTHING to with Windows Live, MSN and Plus.Also stuff like Smiley central just to be safe .

Then go into Program Files and delete any folders relating to the above programs.

Then reinstall Live Messenger and Live plus. It should work normally.

Once you check that it works, you can reinstall everything else.

Hope this works for you. It was what i done. Please refine the idea if there is any unnecessary uninstalling needed to be done!(Y)

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Felu on 06-25-2006 at 04:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sephythedark

Uninstall EVERYTHING to with Windows Live, MSN and Plus.Also stuff like Smiley central just to be safe .

Then go into Program Files and delete any folders relating to the above programs.

Hope this works for you. It was what i done. Please refine the idea if there is any unnecessary uninstalling needed to be done!(Y)
Already tried. Doesnt work :(.
RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Gioyna on 06-25-2006 at 04:49 PM

I did it...but it doesn't work instead....:(

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Sephiroth on 06-25-2006 at 04:50 PM

I already uninstall all the programms : WLM + msgplus!live .. and I reinstall it with the first and the second official build of WLM .. but it still doesn't work :(

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by szenti on 06-25-2006 at 04:50 PM

plus! live simply doesnt work for me too, no matter what i do

RE: RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Manuela on 06-25-2006 at 04:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sephiroth
I already uninstall all the programms : WLM + msgplus!live .. and I reinstall it with the first and the second official build of WLM .. but it still doesn't work :(

The same :(
RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by mrbay on 06-25-2006 at 05:03 PM

ive redownloaded it for the 16th time and reinstalled everything for the 43th time, but nothin changed... :(

Oh, sorry, one thing changed. Im gettin really disappointed in mpl..

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by szenti on 06-25-2006 at 05:04 PM

no need to be disappointed in plus
just be sad like us :)

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Rhalph on 06-25-2006 at 05:24 PM

Same problem, although I only tested with automessages and IRC commands. Also, my messages aren't logged anymore.

RE: RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by rpsgc on 06-25-2006 at 05:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Rhalph
Same problem, although I only tested with automessages and IRC commands. Also, my messages aren't logged anymore.

Yeah, I noticed that too. My conversations aren't being logged.
RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by GrimReapersSon on 06-25-2006 at 05:41 PM

Its like it isn't compatible with 8.0...
i'll try that delete every folder and softwar if it doesn't work i'll edit ma post...
It worked :|:)
Btw  is the function that the messenger sticks to side not including?
Btw if its gonna work... is ther gonna be another stuffplug ng?

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Corentin08 on 06-25-2006 at 06:05 PM

Exactly the same problem, plz Patchou help us...

RE: RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by InEEd on 06-25-2006 at 06:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sephythedark

its working you must uninstall first then manually delte left files :D
RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Corentin08 on 06-25-2006 at 06:12 PM

Ok so say which files stand on the computer after uninstall WLM and WLM P!us. Thx !!!!!

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by szenti on 06-25-2006 at 06:16 PM

i uninstalled plus3, wlm, wlm plus, deleted folders
then installen wlm and plus, and it works! yeehaaa

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Sephiroth on 06-25-2006 at 06:27 PM

I exactly did what you said .. but the problem is still ans still here :(

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Corentin08 on 06-25-2006 at 06:28 PM

GOD BE BLESSED....
Thx all

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by rpsgc on 06-25-2006 at 06:32 PM

OK so I uninstalled MLP, WLM and deleted the folders.
Then I install WLM and MLP.

The commands now work! Right?
But... if I run CleanMessenger it stops working! Now we're getting somewhere :P

I'll test it soon with messpatch...
EDIT: It works... there you have it. YMMV but in my case it was CleanMessenger :)

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Rhalph on 06-25-2006 at 06:36 PM

rpsgc, yes!! I uninstalled, deleted and reinstalled everything, and it worked.
Then I rebooted and launched CleanMessenger, and it stopped working! I think CleanMessenger is the problem...

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by yeno on 06-25-2006 at 06:37 PM

I finally succeeded to solve my problem.

I uninstalled Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live and then installed them back, the problem was caused by CleanMessenger.
When I apply this patch to the conversations windows (disabling Ads), Messenger Plus! Live doesn't work anymore, but I can still disable the main messenger window's ads with CleanMessenger.

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by rpsgc on 06-25-2006 at 06:38 PM

I edited my post.
Just don't use CleanMessenger, use Messpatch instead ;)

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Rhalph on 06-25-2006 at 06:45 PM

Agree with yeno, it works. Waiting for an update of CleanMessenger now ;)

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by xnadx on 06-25-2006 at 06:52 PM

hi, i am having the same problem too :(

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by mrbay on 06-25-2006 at 06:55 PM

THANKS a lot guys, u helped me! Thats the solution..

Uninstall everything! (MSN 7.5, MsgPlus, LIVE MSN, MsgPlus!LIVE)

Than delete EVERY MSN RELATED DIRECTORY from your PROGRAM FILES!

In my case theyre at

code:
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger
C:\Program Files\Messenger
C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3
C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live

Than reinstall everything, and it should be working!

Once again THANK YOU
RE: RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Rhalph on 06-25-2006 at 07:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mrbay
THANKS a lot guys, u helped me! Thats the solution..

Uninstall everything! (MSN 7.5, MsgPlus, LIVE MSN, MsgPlus!LIVE)

Than delete EVERY MSN RELATED DIRECTORY from your PROGRAM FILES!

In my case theyre at
code:
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger
C:\Program Files\Messenger
C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3
C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live

Than reinstall everything, and it should be working!
...And don't use CleanMessenger...

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by melei on 06-25-2006 at 07:08 PM

The erasing files thing, works.

I was starting to think the colour nicks issue was realted to de WLM spanish version being uncompatible with MP!L

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by xnadx on 06-25-2006 at 07:17 PM

i tried unistallying everything and reinstalling but it didnt work:(

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Smog on 06-25-2006 at 07:21 PM

During the uninstallation of Plus Live it asks if I want to delete some specific files like the sounds list and things like that.

Do I need to delete my sound list to make the erasing file thing work ?

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by mathieubernier on 06-25-2006 at 07:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by xnadx
Uninstall everything...Than delete EVERY MSN RELATED DIRECTORY from your PROGRAM FILES...

Then reinstall, and YES, it's the solution!!!

RE: RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Gioyna on 06-25-2006 at 07:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mathieubernier
quote:
Originally posted by xnadx
Uninstall everything...Than delete EVERY MSN RELATED DIRECTORY from your PROGRAM FILES...

Then reinstall, and YES, it's the solution!!!

But....where are the MSN RELATED DIRECTORY on the PROGRAM FILES?????

I can't find them.....
RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Smog on 06-25-2006 at 07:46 PM

MWAHAHAHA I'm so powerful I can answer my own question !!

>>> You don't need to delete your sounds list.

My first try failure was due to the fact that I forgot to delete things like "penguin skin" or "flood messenger".

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Patchou on 06-25-2006 at 08:33 PM

If uninstalling and reinstalling a clean version of Windows Live Messenger doesn't solve your problem, send an email to mplus@patchou.com and I'll work on that with you (make sure you have version 4.00.235 too).

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by rafa_290 on 06-25-2006 at 09:03 PM

Sorry... I'm SPANISH... I don't know what is CLeanMessenger or MessPatch... can you tell me please?

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Reload2 on 06-25-2006 at 09:07 PM

If you don't what it is, it means you never installed them.

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by rafa_290 on 06-25-2006 at 09:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Reload2
If you don't what it is, it means you never installed them.

Yes, that's true, but I want to know what is it!
RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Sephiroth on 06-25-2006 at 09:48 PM

it works for me !! thanks all for solving the problem !!! and great job patchou :) as always

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by GrimReapersSon on 06-25-2006 at 11:19 PM

After my reboot.. it didn't work anymore :S so it aint the real solution :S

help!!???

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by juan3210 on 06-25-2006 at 11:23 PM

do u think msg discovery x2 can be a problem too?

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by GrimReapersSon on 06-25-2006 at 11:29 PM

Neh don't think so thats a stand alone init..?
aint a plugin or shit?

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by juan3210 on 06-25-2006 at 11:35 PM

so the only program that may interfer is the cleanmessenger?
what program can i use instead of it?

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by tony on 06-25-2006 at 11:41 PM

Juan, you can use Messpatch instead, http://mess.be

OK guys, a friend of mine did this and now the problem is now solved for her.

first of all, Uninstall Completely your Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus Live! versions.

then Reboot your computer and then do a CLEAN install of both, Messenger Plus! Live and Windows Live messenger.

and for Spanish Speakers, i suggest you to go for spanish help at http://es.msgplus.net/foro/ (Official Community)

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by GrimReapersSon on 06-25-2006 at 11:42 PM

cleanmessenger
thats also a stand alone isn't it?

but where a bit offtopic m8.

Edit/ stony tony did that allready :S :(

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by juan3210 on 06-25-2006 at 11:43 PM

im sorry but. what do u mean with "a clean intall"?

RE: RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by GrimReapersSon on 06-25-2006 at 11:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by juan3210
im sorry but. what do u mean with "a clean intall"?

Installing the software without installing other rubish extra

so only msn 8 and plus.
RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by GarymcG on 06-25-2006 at 11:48 PM

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS IT WORKED, i love mpls roasties, and if any one wants their face licked, come to meeee

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by juan3210 on 06-25-2006 at 11:57 PM

it worked!!!!!!! thank u every one =D=D

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by GrimReapersSon on 06-26-2006 at 12:07 AM

It still aint working with me :( :'(
and i tried everyting in this topic

reboting after deleting everything (including folders)
even in regedit... :(

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Panzer Dragoon on 06-26-2006 at 02:43 AM

ok i may have spotted something that could be a problem

if you go into control pannel and then go to add/remove programs look for msgplus!live and look at the icon.. is it just me or are other people that are having this problem seeing a little red O with a / threw it ?

Patchou could THIS be the problem we are having ??

RE: RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by KillFrenzy on 06-26-2006 at 03:16 AM

quote:

if you go into control pannel and then go to add/remove programs look for msgplus!live and look at the icon.. is it just me or are other people that are having this problem seeing a little red O with a / threw it ?

I have the same problem, yeah in the add/remove programs the icon of MP!L  have a block tag like in messenger, i fixed the problem deleting everything, but when i installed a script (itunes +) the wlm gave me an error then close, i opened the wlm again and the error returned :S  help me please
RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Panzer Dragoon on 06-26-2006 at 03:34 AM

Hmmm... i dont know anything about scripts but sometimes if you install something that happens because a blip happened during install.. uninstall it and try again

i sorted my problem out and i found a thing that helped me on my other comp here is a list of things that you must do to try and fix your MP!L if its not working

OK first
Go into my control panel and then go into add/remove programs and remove EVERYTHING to do with msn even old things
Next go into my computer / local disk (C:) / Program files
and when there delete all folders to do with msn except msn gaming (something like that) even old files
empty recycle bin of the folders (delete them)
and if you use a download manager like freshdownload or DAP go into the bit where you can see all the completed downloads and delete them from the list
then restart computer
after the computer starts up again go to www.msgpluslive.net and then download the Windows live messenger from there and after that get the MP!L aswell

for some reason it works best if you get WLM via the link on the MP!L download page :-)

oh and also if you try delete a file and it says it is in use then make sure you aint running any program that uses it and if you are not then press press ctrl + alt + delete and go to proccesses and end any proccess that are using that file

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Anthor on 06-26-2006 at 07:48 AM

HI !
sorry for my english, I'm frenc.

I have remove everything to do with msn, i have delete all the folder... and all was working.
But, thing morning... the bug was here, one more time....

Help me plz....

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Panzer Dragoon on 06-26-2006 at 07:57 AM

Hmm a bug you say... sorry but i dont speak much francias  but i do know the odd bit... was it when you started the computer again.. if so i will have to see if it happens to me but rest assured i will try and help :-)

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Anthor on 06-26-2006 at 08:02 AM

When I said "bug", That mean the problem

cant use the sounds function
cant access any of the tools on the in-chat toolbar for Plus! Live*
auto-messages for personal statuses do not get sent when someone talks to you
Quick Texts do not work
cant change your Display name colour

and i have never install msn cleaner, or other program like this one

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by fergofrog on 06-26-2006 at 08:08 AM

quote:

Just looking now i do have that, that could be the cause.
RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Panzer Dragoon on 06-26-2006 at 08:35 AM

ok anthor... what build of WLM are you using.. if it is not 8.0.0787.00 then get that build

if it is that build of Windows Live Messenger then make sure EVERYTHING is uninstalled and nothing has poped back into your system (because i just opened my computer again and a file came back)

p.s does anyone know how to completly abolish MSN Winks plus from the computer system cause it keeps on coming up even though i have no files for it on my system

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Anthor on 06-26-2006 at 08:42 AM

I have try one thing :
-remove/delete all
-restast
-install wlm and mpl====> works fine
-restart computeur one more time ====> Problems are back

..... :(
:'(

i'm using  8.0.0792... so i will change ^^ and try one more time

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Panzer Dragoon on 06-26-2006 at 08:48 AM

Hmmmm very strange... are you using MPL build 235 or the one that was issued b4 that

[edit]
ok.. i think that may (and this is a very small maybe) be your problem i have heard that happening with a few people on the 792 build that was leaked

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by fergofrog on 06-26-2006 at 08:49 AM

quote:
ok.. i think that may (and this is a very small maybe) be your problem i have heard that happening with a few people on the 792 build that was leaked

I have 792 but if you go to the website and download it then you are downloading 792, so it is official now.
RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Panzer Dragoon on 06-26-2006 at 08:51 AM

like i said it only happens with a few people on the build 792 i didnt say it was happening with everyone :-) (sorry for any misunderstood posts)

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Anthor on 06-26-2006 at 09:04 AM

After the second reboot... all is working

Thx for helping me, I hope that i will never see the probleme again....

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Panzer Dragoon on 06-26-2006 at 09:11 AM

yeah same here !!! i think patchou will be happy that we found the problem for most of us instead of him trying to make another build lol

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by firey1 on 06-26-2006 at 11:57 AM

I've installed Messenger Live(787 & 792) and MP!L (234 & 235) many times and I still have this problem.

I installed it on 2 PC's with WinXP Home SP2 one worked the other didn't.

Please see picture... http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-12/1119503/msn.JPG

Help Please!!! :(

RE: RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Panzer Dragoon on 06-26-2006 at 12:07 PM

quote:
Hmmm... i dont know anything about scripts but sometimes if you install something that happens because a blip happened during install.. uninstall it and try again

i sorted my problem out and i found a thing that helped me on my other comp here is a list of things that you must do to try and fix your MP!L if its not working

OK first
Go into my control panel and then go into add/remove programs and remove EVERYTHING to do with msn even old things
Next go into my computer / local disk (C:) / Program files
and when there delete all folders to do with msn except msn gaming (something like that) even old files
empty recycle bin of the folders (delete them)
and if you use a download manager like freshdownload or DAP go into the bit where you can see all the completed downloads and delete them from the list
then restart computer
after the computer starts up again go to www.msgpluslive.net and then download the Windows live messenger from there and after that get the MP!L aswell

for some reason it works best if you get WLM via the link on the MP!L download page :-)

oh and also if you try delete a file and it says it is in use then make sure you aint running any program that uses it and if you are not then press press ctrl + alt + delete and go to proccesses and end any proccess that are using that file

have you tried this because it worked for me post back and say whether it works or if you have tried it

(also if it doesnt work first time try it s econd time cause that sometimes needs to be done too)
RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Anthor on 06-26-2006 at 12:13 PM

Hum.... bad new
It didn't work now.... :'(

What can we do now??

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Panzer Dragoon on 06-26-2006 at 12:17 PM

anthor can you tell me what (if anything) you have installed for MSN in the time you have used it

note this is from before WLM came out

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Anthor on 06-26-2006 at 12:25 PM

I have only installe wlm and mpl...

i hope that I ahve understood that you have asked....

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Gioyna on 06-26-2006 at 12:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by firey1
I've installed Messenger Live(787 & 792) and MP!L (234 & 235) many times and I still have this problem.

I installed it on 2 PC's with WinXP Home SP2 one worked the other didn't.

Please see picture... http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-12/1119503/msn.JPG

Help Please!!! :(

I've the same problem...i've tried everything that u've written here...but the problem is still there..

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Panzer Dragoon on 06-26-2006 at 12:37 PM

ok i am going to do some more looking into it and HOPE i have overlooked something

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Anthor on 06-26-2006 at 12:47 PM

I have no soft which can interfer with wlm...
I have remove all ( and Lineage 2 too... i have thinked that the msn function could inetrfer but no...)

IF tehre is no solution, I will kill my computer (6)(6) XD
No... I'm searching for a solution.. but =(

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Panzer Dragoon on 06-26-2006 at 01:08 PM

Okay here is what to do

Follow this path
start on toolbar/control pannel/add remove programs and make sure there is nothing there like smiley central or MSN content plus or an older version of Msgplus! because these may cause conflict with the new version also if you have used the mess patch from www.mess.be go back and redownload it but during the instalation sellect restore my previous settings.

then go threw your WHOLE computer making sure there is absolutly nothing relating to MSN on your system*

if a file says that it is being used then make sure nothing is open and press ctrl + alt + delete and go to processes there will be somthing somewhat like this there marked "msnappm.exe" highlight this and then hit end process and make sure nothing else has MSN at the start of its name in the process list (if so repeat and end process)

now go into the recycle bin and empty it from everything inside

with some of you i am sure you will use a download manager instead of the default windows one so open it and look for any completed downloads to do with MSN or related content and delete these aswell (also be sure to check the folder called completed downloads in my documents with Download accelerator plus users because it keeps another copy of the download in that folder most of the time)

now restart your computer and load everything up as normal
go to webpage www.mess.be and scroll to the bottom and click ">> News Archives" at the very bottom then scroll up to the very top and go into news "The week of June 18 (2006)"

at the top there should be a headline "final Windows Live Messenger" click this and it will take you down to the links for the languages for Windows live messenger so install the language you need
(things marked in "s will be in red on the page)

now come back to www.msgpluslive.net and download the MP!L.exe

*there is one file you cannot delete called MSN Gaming Zone on some computers so do not attempt to alter/delete this file

if this still does not solve your problem then you will have to get in touch with patchou and inform him

best of luck

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by stevy92 on 06-26-2006 at 02:44 PM

i've got the same problem, i've got windows  xp

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Felu on 06-26-2006 at 02:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by stevy92
i've got the same problem, i've got windows  xp
Read the whole thread and you'll find a solution :)
RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by French Jo on 06-26-2006 at 02:48 PM

It sounds great, but at first, what is it due to???

And also, how could I keep my emoticons??? Because the problem is that I have 460 of them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that if I delete all that stuff, all my emoticons will be deleted... By the way, I'd like to say that my friends (for who everything works) have lost ALL their emoticons, without having uninstalled anything !!!

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Felu on 06-26-2006 at 02:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by French Jo
It sounds great, but at first, what is it due to???

And also, how could I keep my emoticons??? Because the problem is that I have 460 of them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that if I delete all that stuff, all my emoticons will be deleted... By the way, I'd like to say that my friends (for who everything works) have lost ALL their emoticons, without having uninstalled anything !!!

You can use Baisoft MSN/WLM Backuper

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by French Jo on 06-26-2006 at 03:14 PM

Thanks, but the problem is that it only saves ths emoticones I have downloaded (About 20) ; the ones I got while chatting are not saved...

So, what could I do??? You know what it represents 460 gifs??? That's ENORMOUS !!!

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by find_your_spot on 06-26-2006 at 03:42 PM

I can't see the quick emoticons list. In the older versions it shows up if you typed  ''('' than there showed a hole list with all your emoticons. That is something that i really mis now.

Who has this problem allso? With the quick emoticons list

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Felu on 06-26-2006 at 03:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by find_your_spot
I can't see the quick emoticons list. In the older versions it shows up if you typed  ''('' than there showed a hole list with all your emoticons. That is something that i really mis now.

Who has this problem allso? With the quick emoticons list
Please search before posting. This feature will be added in future builds :).
RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Blacky_Bhoy_cfc on 06-26-2006 at 04:38 PM

is there a solution to the problem yet?

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by DRaGoM on 06-26-2006 at 04:59 PM

I'm not having the problem but I know 2 girls that have it

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Anthor on 06-26-2006 at 05:35 PM

I will never use mpl.... :(

It woks but if I reboot my computor, it didn't work anymore.... :'(

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by gullom on 06-26-2006 at 07:45 PM

I am also experiencing the same problems that have been posted elsewhere.

Just so Patchou knows that someone else is having the same problems I am exeperiencing the following:

-no MP!L tool bar in the chat window, with no toolbar there's no accessability to custom sounds.
-Group Blocking is not available

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by totalangelic on 06-26-2006 at 07:57 PM

the colors on the display name ent workin 4 me n yes b4 ne1 advice me i have used the new code...[c=4]...[/c]:)

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by GrimReapersSon on 06-26-2006 at 09:57 PM

Wel its working for me again..atleast for now..
Uninstalled everything that has to do with MSN
deleted every folder.
Deleted everything in regedit.
emptyd rycle binn

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Panzer Dragoon on 06-27-2006 at 12:21 AM

i dont think you delete things in regedit :P:P because i have not had to
if doing what i have suggested does not work then get in touch with patchou but it should work

oh and for people who want to multi colour there names this is how to do

[c=*]......[/c][c=*].....[/c]

you can put as many different colours as you want in a name

*the numbers code that you want the text to be

[/c] = end of colour

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by maria do mar on 06-27-2006 at 02:21 AM

yeah ive the same prob thats described in the first post:(:(:(

im so tired of installing and unistalling it and although some ppl i know dont have those probs, i keep having them*-)

now the worse is that i even cant open my msn:blah:

so im gonna unistall it again and maybe give up for now:( and wait for a new version;)

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by French Jo on 06-27-2006 at 08:00 AM

Don't worry guys ; Patchou's actually working on a new version, that will probably turn up soon.

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by fergofrog on 06-27-2006 at 08:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by French Jo
Don't worry guys ; Patchou's actually working on a new version, that will probably turn up soon.

Yer he is i have it and it fixes everything! It's awsum!
RE: RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by firey1 on 06-27-2006 at 08:28 AM

quote:
Yer he is i have it and it fixes everything! It's awsum!

Have what and where do I get it?
RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by fergofrog on 06-27-2006 at 08:32 AM

A new version of Plus! Live. You can't get it.

RE: RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by firey1 on 06-27-2006 at 09:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by fergofrog
A new version of Plus! Live. You can't get it.

Because???? 8-)
RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Felu on 06-27-2006 at 09:19 AM

POSSIBLE SOLUTION

1. Exit messenger.

2. Go to C:/Program Files/MSN Messenger and delete "riched20.dll" if its there ;).

3. Restart Messenger.

If this works then-
  • Go to Add/Remove Programs.
  • Remove Web Search (Smile Central)

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by fergofrog on 06-27-2006 at 09:31 AM

quote:
Because???? 8-)

It's a BETA and it is being tested on certain people with the problem.
RE: RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by firey1 on 06-27-2006 at 11:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by fergofrog
quote:
Because???? 8-)

It's a BETA and it is being tested on certain people with the problem.

Fair enough but I don't need it now anyway.

-!Felu!-
Well done it worked.........
RE: RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by GrimReapersSon on 06-27-2006 at 02:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -!Felu!-
POSSIBLE SOLUTION

1. Exit messenger.

2. Go to C:/Program Files/MSN Messenger and delete "riched20.dll" if its there ;).

3. Restart Messenger.
    [/list]

If this works then-
    • Go to Add/Remove Programs.
    • Remove Web Search (Smile Central)

love you man :P...
you saved ma a lot of hastle..

only i aint got no web search(smile central).
but its working now..
thanks m8 :)
RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by GrimReapersSon on 06-27-2006 at 02:59 PM

quote:
i dont think you delete things in regedit :P:P because i have not had to
if doing what i have suggested does not work then get in touch with patchou but it should work
[/c] = end of colour
wel i did :P but that other guy has solved it now :)

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Jurassic_Ice on 06-27-2006 at 04:56 PM

I installed msg plus 3, however for some reason i cant reach the tools option, or any option in fact.

edit

nvm fixed the problem.

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Anthor on 06-27-2006 at 09:01 PM

Thanks man ^^

I ahev send your solution on  a french forum and you solved a lot off them....

Thanks for all ;)

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by lechinski on 06-28-2006 at 02:32 AM

It worked perfectly!!!

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Sertorius on 06-29-2006 at 09:08 PM

I have more then one accounts, on one I do have sounds and on the other no sounds. Strange thing.

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by Sertorius on 06-30-2006 at 11:04 AM

I solved the sounds problem on my pc as follows: I changed the "code" for the emoticons I had on MSN in CAPITALS and there are the sounds!!!

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by ellaina15 on 07-02-2006 at 06:30 PM

im really confuzed ive jus dwnloaded msn live plus and the names with codes wernt in colour so i looked around to see if i could get come help and i ended up here so i took your advice and looked for that file in c documents only it wont delted because it says its write protected or something i think i might jus dwnload 7.5 again its less cunfuzing

ellie

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by maria do mar on 07-22-2006 at 01:36 AM

for now i will try to not install MPL :) cos at least my MSN opens and its working:D

maybe later, one day, ill try it again (Y)

btw, i read here somebody telling they have 460 emoticons in their MSN:o woooooooooooooow and i thought i had too much looooooooool:|:P

RE: Anyone having this problem please post in here by maria do mar on 07-26-2006 at 02:50 AM

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!(H)(H)(H)i installed now the plus! and it worksssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!:D:D:D

and i only needed to install it, nothing more:D

thxxxxxxxxxxxxxx guyssssssssssssssssss;):D