Shoutbox

Winamp5 support with (!MYMEDIA) not possible - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Winamp5 support with (!MYMEDIA) not possible (/showthread.php?tid=61240)

Winamp5 support with (!MYMEDIA) not possible by sMiNt on 06-25-2006 at 11:03 AM

Hi everyone, first a great THANKS for the new MSG Plus Live!, it rocks hard!!! There is only one thing i'm missing, at the old version I always used (!WAT) to display my Winamp song title. I'm using Winamp5. The (!WAT) is now replaced with the (!MYMEDIA) command, but it doesn't work.

I've already seen the new script to show my Winamp5 information wich does work, but with it it isn't possible to show the complete title as it is displayed in Winamp (just the filename). That always worked with (!WAT).

RE: Winamp5 support with (!MYMEDIA) not possible by ChromeX on 06-25-2006 at 11:08 AM

where do you want it to be displayed? msn messenger has already a feature to show the now playing

RE: Winamp5 support with (!MYMEDIA) not possible by sMiNt on 06-25-2006 at 11:17 AM

Can you tell me how to use it? I just want to display the current filename (without the .mp3) in the current message window by a simple command like /song for example. With the old version i did it with (!WAT) and made a command /song with msg plus wich returned "np: (!WAT)"

RE: Winamp5 support with (!MYMEDIA) not possible by ChromeX on 06-25-2006 at 11:18 AM

i didnt say it was displayed in the msg window, i said about the personal message under your nick in the contact list :)

RE: Winamp5 support with (!MYMEDIA) not possible by sMiNt on 06-25-2006 at 11:22 AM

ah ok, no i don't want to use this feature. so it is not possible now to show the filename of the currently played song in winamp in the message window? with or without script

RE: Winamp5 support with (!MYMEDIA) not possible by ChromeX on 06-25-2006 at 11:22 AM

yes, you can, check here:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=61021

RE: Winamp5 support with (!MYMEDIA) not possible by -dt- on 06-25-2006 at 11:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ChromeX
yes, you can, check here:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=61021

i just added {filename} tag to that script to do what you want , just add it under the (!WAT) section
RE: Winamp5 support with (!MYMEDIA) not possible by sMiNt on 06-25-2006 at 11:32 AM

hehe i have already checked out this script, but with it it isn't possible to show the complete filename (without the .mp3), only "artist - title" or something like this. that's why i asked my question here, because in the old version i did it always without script, with the (!WAT) command. this one is now replaced with the (!MYMEDIA) command, so i think it doesn't work correct yet.

RE: Winamp5 support with (!MYMEDIA) not possible by Kev_ on 06-25-2006 at 01:43 PM

yeah doesn't work here either, the scripts provided above cuts off long titles & artists although they are full in id3v2 tag :(

RE: Winamp5 support with (!MYMEDIA) not possible by Aldri on 06-25-2006 at 04:21 PM

same prob here, it seems that NO special message is working (!MYMEDIA), (!IP), etc... probably a stupid bug ?
and i've noticed that when my contact has a special status (ie: status away) the commands that i tried (ie: (!IP)) were added to the status bar in the top of the window (see picture below)

RE: Winamp5 support with (!MYMEDIA) not possible by -dt- on 06-25-2006 at 09:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sMiNt
hehe i have already checked out this script, but with it it isn't possible to show the complete filename (without the .mp3), only "artist - title" or something like this. that's why i asked my question here, because in the old version i did it always without script, with the (!WAT) command. this one is now replaced with the (!MYMEDIA) command, so i think it doesn't work correct yet.
{filename} shows the filename with the mp3 , ill strip it off :P