Shoutbox

MSG Plus Live! Feature Request Thread - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: MSG Plus Live! Feature Request Thread (/showthread.php?tid=61333)

MSG Plus Live! Feature Request Thread by alphax45 on 06-25-2006 at 03:48 PM

Ok; so it seems there are many of us wanting features that use to be in Plus! or are requesting new features to overcome some of the oddities in the new Messenger Live!

So I am going to start this thread as sort of an "Office Feature Request" thread.
I checked on the site; and there does not appear to be such a thread already; so I figured I might as well start one.

It would be great if the admins of the board could make this a "Sticky" and make it the official place to request things. That way it is in one spot and can easily be kept track of. Just an idea.

OK; now on to my request:

I would love to see an option to resize peoples pictures within the contact list. In Messenger Live! they are freaking HUGE!

RE: MSG Plus Live! Feature Request Thread by matty on 06-25-2006 at 04:02 PM

That would be a suggestion for the development team of Windows Live Messenger. You can have the old style contactlist window by clicking the Up and Down arrow in the contactlist window and unchecking Show Details

RE: MSG Plus Live! Feature Request Thread by grik on 06-25-2006 at 04:28 PM

I have a feature request :

- Bring back the rename contact feature, i have 400 contacts in plus 3.6 backup files, waiting to be used in  WML but i cant upgrade cause this feature is lost.

Many friends use this feature and have backups and wont/cant add hundreds of contact info, extensive info, in WML. As for another reason, info is too long, MSN server only lets piece of text, nickname into the rename feature.

Please bring it back up.

Another thing, the sound manager could be more than 10 sounds per page, it became so popular that many many sounds have been created and lots of packs, so this board should be wide opened!

Thanks alot patchoue you ROCK...

RE: MSG Plus Live! Feature Request Thread by tony on 06-25-2006 at 04:31 PM

Grik, patchou already answered about the remane contacts feature:

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I may add it back if Microsoft doesn't improve the current nickname feature. I suggest you email Microsoft about it :).

As for colors, you surely can add some in the nicknames, just use bbcode charactres (like [b]name[/b])

RE: MSG Plus Live! Feature Request Thread by grik on 06-25-2006 at 04:35 PM

thanks Tony i didnt read it before, patchoue bring it back the feature you wont be sorry.

Best Regards all

RE: RE: MSG Plus Live! Feature Request Thread by alphax45 on 06-25-2006 at 05:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
That would be a suggestion for the development team of Windows Live Messenger. You can have the old style contactlist window by clicking the Up and Down arrow in the contactlist window and unchecking Show Details

But then it doesn't seem to show the person picture, just the MSN Messenger icon. Unless mine is broken. I would love to have the exact same style as 7.x series where it showed a small or large icon with the persons picture. Something in Plus Live with a slider bar for the size would be even better!
RE: MSG Plus Live! Feature Request Thread by konichiwa on 06-25-2006 at 05:41 PM

I would like to see the feature where I press "(" and there'll be a list of Emoticons..It's been very useful for me
*Oops,it's been requested outside..Ignore me:$

RE: MSG Plus Live! Feature Request Thread by spky on 06-25-2006 at 06:59 PM

I'd like this!! http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=61276

RE: MSG Plus Live! Feature Request Thread by ybd on 06-25-2006 at 08:48 PM

I would really like the tabbed conversation-line to have an optional placing, for me it feels natural to have it in the lower part of the window.
I guess someone would like to have it in the left part of the window too.

RE: MSG Plus Live! Feature Request Thread by misbehaver on 06-25-2006 at 09:28 PM

There are 2 features I really liked in MsgPlus 3, and would really like to see back in MsgPlus Live.

• Remember the way to use Quick Texts with ALT-hotkeys? I'd love to see a small option to enable hotkeys on certain QTs.
  • The (!WAT) tag does not work yet. Assume it will be back in, but if it was not intended yet, would like to see it again.

/EDIT: In the meantime, really must say it works fine, nice work ;-)
RE: RE: MSG Plus Live! Feature Request Thread by mathieumg on 06-25-2006 at 10:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by misbehaver
The (!WAT) tag does not work yet. Assume it will be back in, but if it was not intended yet, would like to see it again.

(!MYMEDIA) :)
RE: MSG Plus Live! Feature Request Thread by ivan300 on 06-26-2006 at 01:23 AM

Scripting enging request

a mobile conversation function for example

[object] OpenMobileChat([var] Contact);

or a function for

SendMobileMsg([var] Contact, [var] Message)

RE: MSG Plus Live! Feature Request Thread by SirBlade on 06-26-2006 at 01:38 AM

I would like to have a way to put contacts on the windows taskbar. If possible in a toolbar like "quick launch" or the "language bar".

RE: MSG Plus Live! Feature Request Thread by xmmm on 06-26-2006 at 01:59 AM

I would like a feature to assign a different icon for each instance running. It will save 30 seconds EVERYTIME when I open the right messenger window.

Thank you!!

RE: MSG Plus Live! Feature Request Thread by tbcat on 06-26-2006 at 02:06 AM

that's a very good idea!