Shoutbox

Personal Status Bugs - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Personal Status Bugs (/showthread.php?tid=61407)

Personal Status Bugs by GoodThings2Life on 06-25-2006 at 08:18 PM

Greetings!

I'm a new member here, so this is my first real post... but I have been HAPPILY using Plus! since 2001! :)

I have installed an unpatched copy of WLM 8.0.0792 and MPL 4.0 last night, and I'd like to report 4 minor bugs...

1. Personalized Status List - It would be nice if the list was sorted alphabetically, or at the very least, there should be an option to sort it alphabetically. This is more of an organizational preference than a bug.

2. Personalized Status List - Last item on list is cut off, see attached screenshot.

3. Personalized Status List - When using a TabletPC's TIP to insert text into the Auto-Respond text box, the insertion is extremely slow (about 1 character per 1.5 seconds, rather than instant like with all other text boxes). I would be happy to test a fix since I realize not many will have a TabletPC to test with. This isn't a big issue, since I can still type it manually without an issue, but I use my Tablet mode a lot with WLM's Ink support, and Tablet's are becoming much more popular recently.

4. I've also experienced the previously reported concerns about switching to a personal status and then returning to Online status only to have it keep the extra status tags in the name or personalized message. My experiences have indicated that it happens most often when a connection has been interrupted and the account automatically signs back in. Once you sign in, Plus seems to keep the changed setting knowing that it was the "original" name tags at signon. The other cases, again in my experience, suggest that sometimes there is simply a lag between the time that Plus sends the name change and Messenger service's response in changing it. Hopefully that will clear the issue up for some people.

I'll report anything else I find in appropriate threads or start appropriate threads if necessary, but for now I want to say THANK YOU to Patchou for a job very well done (as always)!

RE: Personal Status Bugs by Patchou on 06-25-2006 at 08:57 PM

Thank you for reporting those problem, I'll try to work on that for a future update :). About the problem you're experiencing writing with a tablet PC: can you confirm it only happens in the personalised status window and nowhere else in the problem?

Thanks.

RE: Personal Status Bugs by GoodThings2Life on 06-25-2006 at 09:33 PM

Thanks for the update... I'll check this out and let you know for sure.

OK, it doesn't seem to happen with password related or chat-log related boxes, but for all of the boxes for general entry it does.

Hope this helps.
RE: Personal Status Bugs by sykopat on 06-26-2006 at 03:03 AM

With the new Windows Live Messenger and MSGPlus 4.0 the name tags always get stuck when changing from a personalized status and back to one of the standard ones. This didn't happen in older versions unless logging, or getting logged, off while using one of the personalized statuses.

Also, if I use a personal message with the personalized status, the original message doesn't return after changing back. Instead the message field remains blank, saying <Please type a personal message>

Hopes this makes sense :)

RE: Personal Status Bugs by GoodThings2Life on 06-26-2006 at 08:15 PM

I don't want to completely disagree, but I have not experienced that result. When I set my status to a personal status and then back to "Online" it returns to the online state as expected.

RE: Personal Status Bugs by jokinau on 06-27-2006 at 02:13 PM

I have to partly agree with sykopat. I'll try to give some explanations to try to aid Patchou:
If I'm using a personalized status, that sets status to AWAY and adds name tags, if later I change my status to a standard AWAY, nothing happens and it doesn't remove those name tags. But if I change to BUSY it does remove them. :S

Was that clear? 8-|

Note: Using last WLM and MPL, I checked one hour ago ;)

RE: Personal Status Bugs by GoodThings2Life on 06-27-2006 at 08:34 PM

Question from my point of view... are you guys referring to changing "NAME TAGS" or "PERSONAL MESSAGE" ? Because I'm referring to the Personal Message which seems to be working sufficiently well based on the conditions I mentioned above. :) Maybe this will clear up confusion...

RE: Personal Status Bugs by jokinau on 06-27-2006 at 09:20 PM

I meant "NAME TAGS" as I tried to state as clearly as I could....
:$

cheers!

RE: Personal Status Bugs by GoodThings2Life on 06-28-2006 at 01:41 AM

Indeed you did... and so did SykoPat... but Pat also mentioned that something was wrong with the Personal Messages, but every test I've done indicates the Personal Messages are working exactly as they should... I've played around tonight with Name Tags, and I agree now-- they're not quite working as they should.

RE: Personal Status Bugs by RaceProUK on 06-28-2006 at 11:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by sykopat
With the new Windows Live Messenger and MSGPlus 4.0 the name tags always get stuck when changing from a personalized status and back to one of the standard ones
This could also be due to server issues.
RE: RE: Personal Status Bugs by sykopat on 06-28-2006 at 01:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
quote:
Originally posted by sykopat
With the new Windows Live Messenger and MSGPlus 4.0 the name tags always get stuck when changing from a personalized status and back to one of the standard ones
This could also be due to server issues.

Looks like you were right! Both name tag and personal message change as expected now, and I have not updated anything. :D

Sorry for complaining needlessly :(
RE: Personal Status Bugs by GoodThings2Life on 07-07-2006 at 05:47 PM

One new update:

I'd like to add to my list of requests for future builds:

-- The return of the "Disable Personlized Status" option from a conversation window's Plus! menu.

I often leave personalized status on for long periods of time. For example, at work, I use "Working Hard? Or Hardly Working?" as a personalized name tag, in Busy state, with the auto-response "I'm working right now, so I may be slow to respond." Of course, there are co-workers that I communicate with that don't need to have it repeating my message to every few minutes.