Shoutbox

editing chatlog - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: editing chatlog (/showthread.php?tid=61584)

editing chatlog by Bluesmoke05 on 06-26-2006 at 02:38 PM

Dont get me wrong i love the new looks of the logging, but how do you edit it? i know we all have conversations we dont wish to save.......but i cant find a way to delete certain parts of a conversation without deleting everything.

Any help on this matter would be great, anyone?

RE: editing chatlog by Felu on 06-26-2006 at 02:42 PM

Go to the place where you save you chat logs. Default is My Documents/My Chat Logs. There you'll find logs with extension .html. Right click on the and chose open with... >Notepad. Now edit whatever you want to :). Your done :banana:

RE: editing chatlog by Voldemort on 06-26-2006 at 02:43 PM

Well.... you could open it in Notepad... but be careful about what you delete, it can cause problems with that specific log...

RE: editing chatlog by Bluesmoke05 on 06-26-2006 at 02:45 PM

I was looking for more of a highlight, back space kind of delete without the need to go sifting through heaps of Html stuff at the same time, is there any chance a later release of MP!L will incorperate a way to delete without having to manually load into a text editing program?

RE: editing chatlog by Jereck on 06-29-2006 at 02:34 PM

Event when the logs are Save in the .txt format, you can't modify them with the manager ("Gestionnaire d'historiques" in french, I don't know how it is called in english). Can I disable it and open the logs directly in the Notepad ?