Shoutbox

How Do U Put Colour Into Your Screen Name Some Please Explain - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: How Do U Put Colour Into Your Screen Name Some Please Explain (/showthread.php?tid=61650)

How Do U Put Colour Into Your Screen Name Some Please Explain by sof on 06-26-2006 at 08:31 PM

Hello, I have just changed to the new windows live and am happy with it & now they have put the format colour system in for your screen names but i am having a lot of trouble as in msg 3 u typed in /nick, but what do you have to do now?! Could someone please give instructions on how to do so

RE: How Do U Put Colour Into Your Screen Name Some Please Explain by Chris4 on 06-26-2006 at 08:49 PM

Read this.

http://www.msgplus.net/help_tutorials.php?tut=mul...at-colors#mfc-name

RE: How Do U Put Colour Into Your Screen Name Some Please Explain by matty on 06-26-2006 at 08:50 PM

Click on Tools > Options > Preferences, there should be a button beside the nickname for formatting. Other then that the codes you use are [b] bold [i] italic [u] underline [s] strike through. To colour use [c=] where the colour can be blue red or a number. If you want to make a gradient [c=blue][/c=red]

RE: How Do U Put Colour Into Your Screen Name Some Please Explain by Terry_K on 06-26-2006 at 11:06 PM

In Messnger Plus! Live /name replaces /nick so if you are familiar with the classic format, you can use /name.

Remember that if you use the default colour system (BBCode), people with the old Messenger Plus! will not see the colours. To get the dot "·" used in the old IRC format e.g. "·$4" just press Alt + 0183 (press 0183 in sequence while holding Alt).

I hope this helps.

RE: RE: How Do U Put Colour Into Your Screen Name Some Please Explain by rockmanneo on 06-26-2006 at 11:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
Click on Tools > Options > Preferences, there should be a button beside the nickname for formatting. Other then that the codes you use are [b] bold [i] italic [u] underline [s] strike through. To colour use [c=] where the colour can be blue red or a number. If you want to make a gradient [c=blue][/c=red]

I just realized there is a format code button there. Does it come with WLM or Plus! ?
If I use the format code button for my nick, do others without Plus! see it as a code or formatted nick?
RE: How Do U Put Colour Into Your Screen Name Some Please Explain by matty on 06-27-2006 at 12:39 AM

The format button is added by Messenger Plus! Live.

quote:
Originally posted by Terry_K
In Messnger Plus! Live /name replaces /nick so if you are familiar with the classic format, you can use /name.
While /name also works /nick and /nick2 still exist.
RE: How Do U Put Colour Into Your Screen Name Some Please Explain by Nagamasa on 06-27-2006 at 11:26 AM

1 suggestion for the next update. There should be a number shown for each colour as now i have to count (cause all my friends use MP! 3).

i.e., ·$56 - I need to count 56 colours to get to the colour I want.

RE: How Do U Put Colour Into Your Screen Name Some Please Explain by matty on 06-27-2006 at 12:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NagamasaAzai
1 suggestion for the next update. There should be a number shown for each colour as now i have to count (cause all my friends use MP! 3).

i.e., ·$56 - I need to count 56 colours to get to the colour I want.

Ummmmm press CTRL+K then click on the middle icon on the toolbar between the Plus! logo and the Speaker. (You will have to delete the [c] tag but thats no problem.)
RE: How Do U Put Colour Into Your Screen Name Some Please Explain by sof on 06-27-2006 at 06:13 PM

Thanks But /nick doesn't work anymore i found out that it has changed to /name, but is limited to 128 characters. Patchou Could you explain to me please!? You created a great programme & I need to be able to use it correctly:)