Shoutbox

[Release] NickChange 1.5 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Release] NickChange 1.5 (/showthread.php?tid=62162)

[Release] NickChange 1.5 by J-Thread on 06-30-2006 at 06:30 PM

View NickChange in the script database

Please use this thread for comments / feature requests / fan mails to me / whatever you would like to say to me about NickChange!(Y)

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.0 by absorbation on 06-30-2006 at 06:39 PM

Very nice J-Thread, this like all your other programming is very professionaly done (Y).

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.0 by ulyxes on 06-30-2006 at 06:43 PM

Hi! I noticed the following bug in NickChanger version 1.0 script for MsgPlus:
When NickChanger is activated and randomising different nicknames, if I set my messenger status to a personalized status setting the status tag for example to "@city", messenger first shows the tag at the end of the nickname, but as soon as NickChanger replaces the current nickname with another one the status tag is no more there. I immagine this is because of the fact that the status tag is simply a part of the nickname enclosed by "{" and "}", so isn't there a way to identify the status tag and keep it even if NickChanger replaces the nickname?

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.0 by J-Thread on 06-30-2006 at 06:44 PM

Added to the TODO list (Y)

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.0 by Discrate on 07-03-2006 at 07:52 AM

hey J-thread i like this script but could you add a feature to it so you can write some text and make it coloured? i tried it before and it didnt work.

That feature would be cool as!

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.0 by J-Thread on 07-03-2006 at 08:20 AM

It already works, just add the color codes to your names list. When I add:

[c=50]Name 1[/c]

It displays the name in green:). It would be however nice to be able to define a color for all the names, not just per name.  I'll see if I'll include that.

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.0 by jameslives on 07-03-2006 at 09:40 AM

erm
when i add names
whats prefix?
and when i add anything its just blank and doesnt show any text in the white boxes

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.0 by remkot on 07-12-2006 at 02:49 PM

Manny thanks J-Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.1 by J-Thread on 07-22-2006 at 09:19 AM

NickChange has been updated to version 1.1, it now fully supports personalized statusses!

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.1 by MEdwar99 on 07-24-2006 at 03:33 PM

I may be being a complete idiot but I cant get this to work at all. I've downloaded the plugin and that says I need to install Live!plus (which I allready have and have 2 other scripts running allready) and when I try to download the script it comes down in a RAR file which, when I extract it or not, wont give me a choice to import it into the Script managing part of PLus

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm rather confused

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.1 by J-Thread on 07-24-2006 at 04:49 PM

Where do you try to download it?? It is just a script pack, just like all the other plugins:S

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.1 by BlackStar on 07-24-2006 at 04:54 PM

Maybe your web reader renamed the file. These things happens...

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.1 by MEdwar99 on 07-24-2006 at 05:32 PM

I tried downloading it off this site, off the "script database" page, got stated problem

also the file wasn't renamed, it just came down as a rar file and not in "messenger script pack" format like the "Counter" one I downloaded earlier

I'm really confused as to why it doesn't work O.o

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.1 by BlackStar on 07-24-2006 at 06:26 PM

I had no problem downloading it just 1 minute ago.
Perhaps the Database had a hickup.
Try to rename it to xxxx.plsc
Also open the file with a Rar program and see what's inside it.
The files should be named "nickchange.plsc"
Size:6 539 bytes
CRC: 7CC1292D

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.1 by MEdwar99 on 07-24-2006 at 09:34 PM

works now :)

musta been a glitch

cheers guys :D (Y)

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.1 by J-Thread on 07-25-2006 at 09:16 AM

Weird... Wel at least I don't think it was my fault*-)

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.1 by yum9me on 08-25-2006 at 06:03 AM

FEATURE REQUEST:

The ability to have multiple text files with nicknames in it and easily switch between them. Maybe NickChange could automatically detect text files in the default script folder and you could have them all in a drop down list. This would make sorting nicknames easier and i could switch from having facts and quote to random nicknames.

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.1 by J-Thread on 08-25-2006 at 04:12 PM

I'll be very busy the next few weeks, but I'll look into it when I've got some time...

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.1 by yum9me on 08-26-2006 at 02:11 AM

Thanks. Its a great script and i recommend it to all my mates. Keep up the good work!

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.1 by tmhai on 08-29-2006 at 12:15 PM

I'm a little confused... does this script take over theRand? I cant seem to find the thread concerning that plugin nor the plugin in the scripts database... am I missing something?

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.1 by J-Thread on 08-29-2006 at 07:56 PM

This script has nothing todo with the theRand script (besides the fact that they have the same features of course;)).

But I can't find that script either, so it looks like it has been removed indeed... Maybe Mentix knows the answer?

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.1 by tmhai on 08-29-2006 at 11:58 PM

Ok, thanks for that.

Building on this feature:
- Setting up a prefix that appears before every name (instead of copying it before every name)

Can we have this feature:
- Setting up a mask that appears dynamically wherever %p is placed, in every name (instead of copying it in every name)

Eg. My Prefix (the name would have to be changed to Mask) would be:
Hello %p, How are you?

And my List of Personal Messages/Nicknames would be:
Fred
Ben
Taylor
etc...

That way, at every interval my personal message/nickname would be:
Hello Fred, How are you?
Hello Ben, How are you?
etc...

RE: RE: [Release] NickChange 1.1 by J-Thread on 08-30-2006 at 09:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by tmhai
Building on this feature:
- Setting up a prefix that appears before every name (instead of copying it before every name)

What do you think the "Prefix" field in the config window is for?;)

I think I'll add a "Postfix" field below the Prefix instead of a mask, you will be able to do the same with that.

But again, I think you will have to wait a month or so till I finish it...:$
RE: [Release] NickChange 1.1 by tmhai on 08-30-2006 at 11:03 AM

Ok.

Breaking News: Leonardo stopped supporting his script because of other competing, more updated ones.

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.1 by skateforever on 09-09-2006 at 03:50 PM

i have a question why cant the  interval between 2 names not be something like 1 sec .. i have a great changing name ..

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.1 by J-Thread on 09-09-2006 at 09:34 PM

Messenger does not allow it, so it is not possible. Please search before you ask something, because it has been asked a lot of times before...

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.1 by yum9me on 09-10-2006 at 05:32 AM

Is it also possible for the script to detect when a new version is available to download?

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.1 by ombadboy on 09-10-2006 at 03:50 PM

i have noticed that your script doesnt accept many characters, which are accepted by normal WLM though.

and i would guess they are the ones used in Unicode (not included in ANSI) e.g Я, i н и ш я н etc..

edit1: it seems the forum cant display them either :P

edit2: my suggestion would be if the .txt file thats created by the script to be saved in Unicode and not ANSI, maybe that will fix it.

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.1 by Jarrod on 09-20-2006 at 07:51 AM

i got this error help me

Script is starting
Script is now loaded and ready
Function called: OnEvent_Initialize
Error: Automation server can't create object.
       Line: 13. Code: -2146827859.
Function OnEvent_Initialize returned an error. Code: -2147352567
Function called: OnEvent_Signin
Error: 'Settings' is null or not an object.
       Line: 44. Code: -2146823281.
Function OnEvent_Signin returned an error. Code: -2147352567
Function called: OnEvent_SigninReady
Error: 'Settings.IsOn' is null or not an object.
       Line: 64. Code: -2146823281.
Function OnEvent_SigninReady returned an error. Code: -2147352567
Function called: OnGetScriptMenu
Function called: OnEvent_MenuClicked
Error: 'Settings' is null or not an object.
       Line: 455. Code: -2146823281.
Function OnEvent_MenuClicked returned an error. Code: -2147352567
       Line: 371. Code: -2146823281.
       Line: 371. Code: -2146823281.

wat's up with that?

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.1 by J-Thread on 09-20-2006 at 04:06 PM

It seems like somehow the "Scripting.FileSystemObject" isn't installed on your pc... I'll see if I can find a way to fix it.

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.1 by stuartbennett on 09-21-2006 at 06:26 PM

maybe you could add a feature whereby you could setup special nicknames for special days for example in the recent "talk like a pirate day" (september 19th) it could change your nickname to your pirate nickname for that day and then on september 20th go back to the regular file for nicknames this would be really cool.

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.1 by hello on 09-22-2006 at 06:39 AM

its awsome :D

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.1 by J-Thread on 09-22-2006 at 08:47 AM

I will try to make some time for this plugin in a week, I'll try to implement most of the suggestions done here. I saw a few good ones, so I'd like to have them done, but unfortunatly I live a busy life!

Well, I'm happy with my busy life, so no complains about that, but it's just too bad for people that wait for a NickChange update:P

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.1 by salsa2008 on 10-21-2006 at 07:54 AM

sooooooooooooo nice

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.1 by J-Thread on 10-22-2006 at 12:00 PM

The update has been submitted to the scripts database, I like to wait till it is uploaded there, so I can keep a good count of the amount of downloads... So you will have to wait a little longer...

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.1 by yum9me on 10-25-2006 at 07:08 AM

Maybe you should add the feature to force the script to change the name. It would be good for if you want to change it without waiting the allocated time.

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.1 by stuartbennett on 10-25-2006 at 12:14 PM

like a command that you can trigger that will make it change instantly, this sounds much like what webshots do, they cycle the wallpaper every so often but if you hold ctrl and press w it will cycle there and then and reset the timer to cycle the specificied cycle delay starting from time of last cycle (the one you triggered if you triggered one) if you didnt trigger one it will be from time of last automated cycle. sounds a great idea to me.

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.2 by J-Thread on 11-03-2006 at 10:21 AM

See the first post of this thread for an update!

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.2 by yum9me on 11-03-2006 at 07:41 PM

First off, good job with the update. I love that now you can have categories.

Secondly, if you don't have any names in the first category of your text files with names and switch to it (for example you might put your names in the "Names" category and leave "Default" blank) you get an error message saying you need at least one name. I have names in the other categories that i can use so maybe you could change it so that error message only come up if you have no names in any category but come up with a message saying that you don't have names in this category, please go into edit nicknames and select a category with names in it.

Thirdly, on the nicknames edit part, it has just enough room to fit 6 nicknames but the last little part of the last name is slightly cut off. Is it possibly to make the box a tiny bit bigger so it doesn't cut off the bottoms of the letters.

Lastly, i think you should also have the option to be able to use all categories in your nickname so you can have like a mix of your nicknames from your assorted categories. For example an "All" in the category bar which will read all of the categories and use them all.

Anyway, its a great script and i would recommend it to anyone! Keep up the good work!!!

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.2 by stuartbennett on 11-03-2006 at 08:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by yum9me
Lastly, i think you should also have the option to be able to use all categories in your nickname so you can have like a mix of your nicknames from your assorted categories. For example an "All" in the category bar which will read all of the categories and use them all.

Anyway, its a great script and i would recommend it to anyone! Keep up the good work!!!

a good start but perhaps we can expand on that last bit, for example i have a whole tone of nicknames programmed into my naming file but they are all >LAVA> DemonSlayer with different colour codes for each instance of my name, so it changes colour. i created a category for all of those called ">LAVA> DemonSlayer" and moved all my nicknames thus far into that category, leaving none in my "default" category. now the script is fine about me doing that but what if i make more categories with different names in them what would be cool is if like in webshots (a program that can randomise pictures changing it to a new random picture on your desktop each day or every so often) that you in the config screen tick the boxes of the categories you want nickchange to use, if a category isnt ticked then it isn't used, further more you could add a select all and clear all button so you can in a single click select all category check boxes or untick them all.

we can add further functionality if gradient script is installed then nickchange will let you use the nickname designer (being designed for version 3.1 i beleive) to create the colour codes and whatever's in the name box gets colourised in that design (scripts helping scripts) also it would be nice if when in the add/edit nickname screen you got to preview what your nickname will actually look like so you can decide if the colour coding suites the name or not before you save the changes.

if your computer dies youll lose all those wonderful nicknames you spent hours designing so why not add functionality for users to export their lists to a dingle file that after a format they can just go into nickchange click the import button and viola all there nicknames and nickchanges settings are fully restored.

just a few ideas to be getting on with for now but as yum9me said you did a great job with the update i certainly updated and am really looking forward to future versions.
RE: [Release] NickChange 1.2 by J-Thread on 11-03-2006 at 10:18 PM

Thanks for these idea's, I really appreciate them, and I will think about them(Y)

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.2 by stuartbennett on 11-03-2006 at 11:07 PM

no probs j-thread anything to help.

RE: RE: [Release] NickChange 1.2 by yum9me on 11-19-2006 at 06:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett

if your computer dies youll lose all those wonderful nicknames you spent hours designing so why not add functionality for users to export their lists to a dingle file that after a format they can just go into nickchange click the import button and viola all there nicknames and nickchanges settings are fully restored.

You can get your nicknames list from
"C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts\NickChange"
or whatever directory your Messenger Plus! Live has been installed to. It is the .txt file. When you open it you will know its the one ;)
RE: [Release] NickChange 1.2 by stuartbennett on 11-19-2006 at 08:40 AM

true.

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.2 by yum9me on 11-20-2006 at 03:31 AM

Also another suggestion would be a character counter. Maybe a little counter somewhere that tells you how many characters you have used (including the prefix and postfix). This would be good so you don't go over the Nickname character limit and names don't get cut off and stuff.

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.2 by stuartbennett on 11-20-2006 at 06:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by yum9me
Also another suggestion would be a character counter. Maybe a little counter somewhere that tells you how many characters you have used (including the prefix and postfix). This would be good so you don't go over the Nickname character limit and names don't get cut off and stuff.

i second that, sounds like a cool idea.

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.2 by kvnhmmd on 11-26-2006 at 02:06 AM

OK, that toast that pops up every time i sign onto messenger that says the NickChanger's settings, lets say that I didn't want that to pop up anymore. What would I change in the script to disable that toast? ^o)
BTW, nice script:D(Y)

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.2 by Jarrod on 11-26-2006 at 02:10 AM

i use the holiday counter to count to down to an event and it uses a tag (!XHCOUNT) i want that in my name sufix but when i try it it just displays the tag not what should be replacing it can i fix this?

RE: RE: [Release] NickChange 1.2 by J-Thread on 11-26-2006 at 09:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kvnhmmd
OK, that toast that pops up every time i sign onto messenger that says the NickChanger's settings, lets say that I didn't want that to pop up anymore. What would I change in the script to disable that toast? ^o)

Remove the following piece of code (line 500):
code:
   if(Signin) {
      // Make the user aware of the plugin
      var sec = Settings['Interval'] % 60;
      var min = ((Settings['Interval'] - sec) / 60) % 60;
      var hour = (((Settings['Interval'] - sec) / 60) - min) / 60;
      MsgPlus.DisplayToast("NickChange Plugin", "NickChange Plugin is still on\r\nInterval: "+hour+"h "+min+"m "+sec+"s\r\nOrder: "+(Settings['IsRandom']?"Random":"Sorted")+"\r\nChange: "+(Settings['ChangePSM']?"Personal Message":"Display Name"));
   }

RE: RE: RE: [Release] NickChange 1.2 by yum9me on 11-26-2006 at 11:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by J-Thread
quote:
Originally posted by kvnhmmd

Remove the following piece of code (line 500):
code:
   if(Signin) {
      // Make the user aware of the plugin
      var sec = Settings['Interval'] % 60;
      var min = ((Settings['Interval'] - sec) / 60) % 60;
      var hour = (((Settings['Interval'] - sec) / 60) - min) / 60;
      MsgPlus.DisplayToast("NickChange Plugin", "NickChange Plugin is still on\r\nInterval: "+hour+"h "+min+"m "+sec+"s\r\nOrder: "+(Settings['IsRandom']?"Random":"Sorted")+"\r\nChange: "+(Settings['ChangePSM']?"Personal Message":"Display Name"));
   }

Could you in a later release make it an option so we don't have to modify any code and if we decided we want it again we don't have the problem of re-inserting it?
RE: [Release] NickChange 1.2 by J-Thread on 11-27-2006 at 06:35 PM

I think I will (if I don't forget;)).

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.2 by stuartbennett on 11-27-2006 at 09:11 PM

quote:

forgive me if i am wrong j-thread but how can you forget when it is written down on this forum? LOL

RE: RE: [Release] NickChange 1.2 by yum9me on 11-27-2006 at 09:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
quote:

forgive me if i am wrong j-thread but how can you forget when it is written down on this forum? LOL

Maybe he only codes for this script when is internet is down :P

EDIT: Maybe he will be updating the script so he can be entered into the competition :P
RE: [Release] NickChange 1.2 by J-Thread on 12-16-2006 at 08:09 PM

And here is version 1.3(Y);)

RE: RE: [Release] NickChange 1.2 by yum9me on 12-16-2006 at 09:04 PM

quote:
And here is version 1.3(Y);)

What are the updates?

Did it get entered in the competition?

EDIT: I found a small problem with the character counter. If you scroll down the list of nicknames with the arrow keys, the counter doesn't change. It only changes if you click another name.
RE: [Release] NickChange 1.2 by J-Thread on 12-17-2006 at 12:07 PM

There's a new window for choosing the active categories now, the character counter was added, and some minor improvements to the code were made.

I know about that bug, but the problem is that I can't capture the event when a new item is selected with the arrows. It's not part of the MsgPlus events, so I would have to capture the windows event for that but I didn't have time to find out which one yet. If somebody knows, I will implement it;)

NickChange for Happy new year by Geo on 12-26-2006 at 04:52 PM

I resumed some translation of internet of " happy new year " in different language for the users of the script NickChange.
It is just for the fun
Happy New Year to all :o)

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.3 by J-Thread on 12-26-2006 at 11:04 PM

Nice addition! ;-)

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.3 by melok on 01-04-2007 at 12:41 PM

Hi, I have a problem with the NickChange...
I can install it normaly, but when I'd like to edit the nickname list, nothing happens!
And if I go to "Configure...", I can change the settings, but I couldn't save them... I don't know whats wrong, I think "NickChange" doesn't can crate the userfile.

How can I fix the problem? Is there a solution?
Do I have to create a userfile manualy?
(I have the newest MSN and Messenger Plus)

Thank You!

ps. sry for my band english;)

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.3 by Eddie on 01-04-2007 at 02:53 PM

Dont know if this has been asked, but could you make it so it can change your nickname and personal messages? :)

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.3 by Hakkie on 01-06-2007 at 07:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by melok
I can install it normaly, but when I'd like to edit the nickname list, nothing happens!
And if I go to "Configure...", I can change the settings, but I couldn't save them... I don't know whats wrong, I think "NickChange" doesn't can crate the userfile.

Thank You!

I have the same problem as Melok mentions. I also have latest Live Messenger and Plus. Messenger was patched with latest A-Patch
RE: RE: [Release] NickChange 1.3 by Jeroen Noten on 02-14-2007 at 06:49 PM

quote:

Thank You!

I have the same problem too...
RE: [Release] NickChange 1.3 by Menthix on 02-16-2007 at 04:06 PM

Mailed J-Thread about it.

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.3 by J-Thread on 02-26-2007 at 01:25 PM

Can you guys test the attached version? If it works, I will submit the new version to the scripts database.

NickChange! I need help Please by Johannes77 on 02-28-2007 at 05:31 PM

First of All: Im German, so dont wonder that my english is bad!

I loaded NickChange from The MsgPlusLive Script Page!

Know, I've a Problem! I'm adding Nicknames, then, i Press ok...after that, ill press "Turn On Nickchange"

Then there is: " No Nicknames added"(or something like this)

I go back to the Adding--List...and there is NO Nickname! All the names I Added are gone!

Somebody can help me?!

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.3 by Jeroen Noten on 02-28-2007 at 05:57 PM

It works! Thank you very much!

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.3 by Johannes77 on 02-28-2007 at 08:01 PM

Ive found the fault...forget my post!

But ive a new question:

I've about 50 Nicknames in the editor...in the NickChange Edior!
I Start NickChange, and after a fwew minuts, their is a Warning, then again, again again, pause..and again again!
I have a screenshot for you:
[Image: 07022820555748.direkt.jpg]

Why is that?
Please help me!

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.3 by foaly on 02-28-2007 at 08:08 PM

looks like or a server lag... (the server can't update your name)
or you try to change your name to soon after the last change...
to make sure it is not the script that is giving the error try to change your name manually...

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.3 by J-Thread on 02-28-2007 at 08:29 PM

Change the interval to a higher number, that should work. Probably your internet speed is a bit low or something.

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.3 by remkot on 03-08-2007 at 11:04 PM

Hi,

Can i change the interval to 5 sec.??

Gr remko

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.3 by starzchild on 03-16-2007 at 12:09 PM

Hello :), yeah it would be very nice to have also 5 seconds & 1 second interval.... pleace could you add that feature? THANNNXXXXXX

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.3 by J-Thread on 03-16-2007 at 03:41 PM

No, that is not possible. Please read this thread as it has been requested before several times.

The absolute minimum of messenger is 10 changes / minute, so that would be a 6 second interval, but as that might also give problems, I have set the minimum to 10 seconds.

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.3 by starzchild on 03-16-2007 at 04:08 PM

Okey, I'm sorry cos I read the whole thread but did not see any request for that feature.. anyway thank you very much for this script of course :) bye

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.3 by warmth on 08-17-2007 at 03:47 PM

Hey guys.. I wanted to ask you the posibility of this script access the .txt file remotely... like in a ftp or http address... In that way no matter the place you'are coneccted always you are going to have the same PSMs or Nicks... and I wanna report a bug too... When you enable the NickChange inside the config panel... the menu gets changed to stop NickChange... but if you stop it there... it remains saying stop NickChange ^o)

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.3 by stuartbennett on 08-17-2007 at 07:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by warmth
Hey guys.. I wanted to ask you the posibility of this script access the .txt file remotely... like in a ftp or http address... In that way no matter the place you'are coneccted always you are going to have the same PSMs or Nicks... and I wanna report a bug too... When you enable the NickChange inside the config panel... the menu gets changed to stop NickChange... but if you stop it there... it remains saying stop NickChange ^o)

i like this idea of remote nickname.txt files it sounds awesome.

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.3 by warmth on 08-19-2007 at 03:20 PM

I hope to see this coming :o)!!!

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.3 by Combomix on 09-19-2007 at 07:49 PM

please add inteligent labels.

just like

%time% = Current Time
%Date% = Current Date
%Nikcname% = Original Nickname

and others

Congratulations, the best script!

NickChange 1.4 in French by Nolasc on 10-15-2007 at 08:59 PM

Hi
I've translating NickChange 1.4 in french :P
And I post the plsc file in the attachment....
I think the syntax is correct...

Let me know if if you find some errors...

Cheers
Nolasc

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.3 by rudebwoi93 on 03-02-2008 at 09:37 PM

Hi, I know how I can change the time in seconds for the screen name / personal message to change to something like a second but judging by my results Windows Live Messenger has some sort of a patch that disallows its users from changing screen names any quicker than 10 seconds obviously realising that a human being cannot change their screen name every second there is something holding back that function I was wondering if there was a way to unlock this feature or to disable/ edit WLMs' source code to allow anyone to change their screen name/ personal message in under 1 second. When I tried it it worked but a continued message arrived saying 'Your Display name could not be changed please try again later.' I haven't explained this as clearly as I could have but I hope you understand my request!

Thank You!

P.S. The reason I thought this was possible was because I once downloaded a script or something that took away the advertisements from the base of WLM and if this is possible then maybe what I am requesting also is.

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.3 by J-Thread on 03-02-2008 at 09:52 PM

No. The checking is done on the messenger server, not on the client side, so changing the messenger source code would never help. The only thing you could possibly do is disabling the messagebox, but still other users will not see the nickname change.

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.3 by stuartbennett on 03-02-2008 at 10:03 PM

well you could look at this script as i think this lets you put time in seconds in your nickname / psm

http://www.msgpluslive.com/scripts/view/197-Windows-Online-Time/

thats the only script i can thin k of that might come close to what your after.

RE: [Release] NickChange 1.3 by warmth on 01-16-2009 at 01:12 PM

sorry for bring this old thread alive... but I wanna report a bug I have found and give some suggestions about it... maybe someday J-Thread could release a new version with this... perhaps 1.5!!!

BUG: the option to enable Unicode read of a file isn't working... if you enable it you will get UNDEFINED word in PSM... if you disable it all works great but obviously without Unicode...

Windows Vista Ultimate Service Pack 1 (6.0.6001)
Windows Live Messenger 14.0.1202
Messenger Plus! Live 4.79.0.353
Skin: Wave 3 Toast 1.0.0

Scripts Running:
Avalon Concept 2009 Background Adder 1.0.5
CL to Systray 1.00.01
Countdown Live 2.2.020
Custom CL Title 1.00.00
Date Calculator 2.99
DP Sync 1.3
Fake media 1.40
HopperLive 4.11.0131
MPLBetaChecker 2.0.1
NameCustomizer
NickChange
Notifier: Typing 1.0
NudgesToolsScript 1.30
Plus! XML Translator 0.2.006
ReadThis 2.07
SkinTools
Total Recall 1.00
TypingInvisible 2.5
VER enhancer 1.0.2
WLMStatus 1.20.43

Scripts Not Running:
Cila Smart Security 9.0.12
DirectUIStatusColour 0.1

SUGGESTION: merge the best features of NameCustomizer with NickChange... I wanna have a db with my old PSMs and DNs... and be able to enable/disable them with erasing them from the file... tags will be nice too... etc etc...

RE: RE: [Release] NickChange 1.3 by J-Thread on 01-16-2009 at 03:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by warmth
maybe someday J-Thread could release a new version with this...
Yeah, maybe someday...

I don't promise anything, but I will try to keep this in mind and digg trough the thread anytime soon to read suggestions and implement them if possible. This could take weeks or months, I am not sure yet, but I'll post it here when the script has been updated.

Just so you know I keep reading, thanks to the e-mail option on these forums;)
RE: [Release] NickChange 1.3 by warmth on 01-16-2009 at 06:40 PM

is nice to hear that... ;)

RE: RE: RE: [Release] NickChange 1.3 by Gp. on 01-27-2009 at 01:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jeroen Noten
quote:

Thank You!

I have the same problem too...

The problem is back. I have it. I've tried reinstalling msg plus, and the script. No good, still can't get the script to work?

The script is v1.4.
RE: [Release] NickChange 1.5 by J-Thread on 05-16-2011 at 10:21 AM

NickChange is update to version 1.5, with some minor fixes so it works with WLM 2011.