Shoutbox

[Release] Send on Signin v1.50.03 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Release] Send on Signin v1.50.03 (/showthread.php?tid=63043)

[Release] Send on Signin v1.50.03 by markee on 07-11-2006 at 01:50 PM

Well it has been a while since I dusted off the cobwebs for this script, but I thought I should update my first significant script for the scripting competition.

The same fundamental principal still applies, this script displays a toast when a contact signs in, if clicked a present message is sent to save you time.

To configure the message to your contacts, just use the menu (I didn't code the commands into this version, if you really want them then I can write them in again).

I hope you like version 1.50.03

As usual, I advise you to turn off other notifications of your contacts coming online when using this script or else you will get multiple notifications.

I hope you all like it :cheesy:.

- fixed a problem when looking at the message you saved without restarting the script/messenger

RE: [Release] Send on Signin by RaceProUK on 07-11-2006 at 03:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by markee
isn't more than 5 lines long
Just goes to show the power of scripting :D

And it sounds like quite a good idea too. Especially for those that always start their convos the exact same way (I always say 'heyo' myself).
RE: [Release] Send on Signin by markee on 07-11-2006 at 03:24 PM

Well it's nice to see that someone else likes the scipt :)

RE: [Release] Send on Signin by jmccarroll on 07-11-2006 at 03:27 PM

This is great... but is there a way to make the messages sent user specific? Like if you wanted to say 'hey' to one person but 'sup?' to another?

RE: [Release] Send on Signin by markee on 07-11-2006 at 03:32 PM

I could do this but you would have to set each person's individually (and in a chat window with them).  I'd also keep a possibility of having a default response incase you hadn't added something yet.

RE: [Release] Send on Signin by Chris4 on 07-11-2006 at 04:04 PM

I'd like that added aswell.

Also, a toast comes up for when they sign in, and for the script. Couldn't there just be 1 toast, the 'click to say hi' toast for the script and not the normal WLM toast (disable?) ?
Forget that, then you'll have to say hi to them when you click the toast.:P

But very nice script, however would be alot better with the suggestion posted above :D:P

RE: [Release] Send on Signin by jmccarroll on 07-11-2006 at 04:10 PM

quote:
I could do this but you would have to set each person's individually (and in a chat window with them).  I'd also keep a possibility of having a default response incase you hadn't added something yet.
Yeah honestly that's what I thought this did.  I went through some of my contacts and set what I wanted it to say, and then went into the registry to see how it was stored and stuff and found out that only the last one I entered was saved.
RE: [Release] Send on Signin by markee on 07-11-2006 at 04:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jmccarroll
quote:
Yeah honestly that's what I thought this did.  I went through some of my contacts and set what I wanted it to say, and then went into the registry to see how it was stored and stuff and found out that only the last one I entered was saved.

You can fix the double toasts by just disabling the WLM one, I can't do this using the scripting engine (well not that I know of), you can just change it in the options though.

Nice to see people liking it, I'll definitely try my best to get the script able for individual hellos as soon as possible (when I wake up that is) (Y)

Sorry I'll get to it in the morning, it's getting late.  I'm sorry that it didn't change for each contact but the next version will (should be within 24hrs unless something big happens to me).

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
I'd like that added aswell.

Also, a toast comes up for when they sign in, and for the script. Couldn't there just be 1 toast, the 'click to say hi' toast for the script and not the normal WLM toast (disable?) ?
Forget that, then you'll have to say hi to them when you click the toast.:P

But very nice script, however would be alot better with the suggestion posted above :D:P

RE: [Release] Send on Signin by Chris4 on 07-11-2006 at 04:27 PM

quote:
I'm sorry that it didn't change for each contact but the next version will (should be within 24hrs unless something big happens to me).
No need to say sorry, was just a suggestion :P
RE: [Release] Send on Signin by Thor on 07-11-2006 at 04:33 PM

quote:
This script displays a toast when a contact signs in, if clicked a present message is sent to save you time.

I hope you find this useful.  It might not do much but I'm quite proud of it being my first scipt that isn't more than 5 lines long :P

Command
/hello               write message after to set as auto message

Any ideas on imroving the scipt are welcome.
I like it! :) A simple but still very useful script. :) Yes, I like it. (Y)
RE: [Release] Send on Signin by jmccarroll on 07-11-2006 at 04:40 PM

quote:
Sorry I'll get to it in the morning, it's getting late.  I'm sorry that it didn't change for each contact but the next version will (should be within 24hrs unless something big happens to me).
Awesome... I'll be waiting for the update.  Great job on the script
RE: [Release] Send on Signin by markee on 07-12-2006 at 02:53 AM

I have updated the file in the first post to the new one.  I've also added a couple more commands for the individual hellos and deleteing the originl hellos.  I think the commands might be a little long but i didnt know what to have instead.  Hope you like it :)

RE: [Release] Send on Signin by markee on 07-12-2006 at 05:58 AM

I have updated again to v1.02 there was a minor bug sending the auto message to the last person who signed in when you manually opened a chat with them.

RE: [Release] Send on Signin v1.02 by NanaFreak on 07-13-2006 at 05:58 AM

This script is great 2 thumbs up (Y)(Y) And a good thing would be to have a UI just a suggestion.

RE: [Release] Send on Signin v1.02 by markee on 07-13-2006 at 08:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jay_Jay
This script is great 2 thumbs up (Y)(Y) And a good thing would be to have a UI just a suggestion.
I would make a UI if I knew how to.  I have made an example on how I think it should look using paintshop. If someone would be kind enough to make it for me, PM me or email me and I will send you a copy of the pic.  Thanks
RE: [Release] Send on Signin v1.02 by Chestah on 07-13-2006 at 08:44 AM

quote:
quote:
I would make a UI if I knew how to.  I have made an example on how I think it should look using paintshop. If someone would be kind enough to make it for me, PM me or email me and I will send you a copy of the pic.  Thanks

Download my script: Google Utilities. It is fully documented and you'll beable to see how i've A) designed the GUI using Plus! and B) how you run code depending on certain elements of the GUI (like on click).

http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/browse/index.php?act=view&id=9
RE: [Release] Send on Signin v1.02 by markee on 07-13-2006 at 08:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
quote:
quote:

Download my script: Google Utilities. It is fully documented and you'll beable to see how i've A) designed the GUI using Plus! and B) how you run code depending on certain elements of the GUI (like on click).

http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/browse/index.php?act=view&id=9
Thanks heaps, I'll take a look (Y)
RE: [Release] Send on Signin v1.02 by Ezra on 07-13-2006 at 09:39 AM

quote:
You can fix the double toasts by just disabling the WLM one, I can't do this using the scripting engine (well not that I know of), you can just change it in the options though.

You can use the Registry API to change the toasts option.

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\PerPassportSettings\%Messenger.MyUserId%\ShowToast

I don't think you can use Wsh.Regwrite, cause that only writes REG_SZ and this key is REG_DWORD
RE: [Release] Send on Signin v1.02 by RaceProUK on 07-13-2006 at 10:57 AM

That won't necessarily disable the toasts without restarting Messenger. The Registry is a long-term store for settings, not a live cache.

RE: [Release] Send on Signin v1.02 by markee on 07-13-2006 at 11:35 AM

Well if you find a way to do this I will integrate it into my script, but until then it's going to stay the same with having to manually turn off the toasts.  Maybe I might make a once off toast telling people to turn it off, I don't know.

RE: [Release] Send on Signin v1.02 by stuartbennett on 08-13-2006 at 11:48 AM

ok the way to do this is just like in gradient script you have a list of all your contacts, and you set a message, as with my gradient groups suggestion what you could do is allow users to create "Greeting groups" so people in those groups get greeted one way while people in another are greeeted differently, and yes a default message for undefined, but you will need a UI for this to work, couldnt Jay Jay maybe help with the UI?

RE: [Release] Send on Signin v1.02 by markee on 08-13-2006 at 12:00 PM

Thanks for the idea.  I thought this script was just about dead and buried :P.  Once I sort this out for one of the scripts it will be easy to do for the other.  I'm starting to make some ideas on how I'm going to go about it but I think it will be a while before I perfect it.  I'd like to make sure that this feature works very well before releasing it because I'm sure there will be other script that will implement it too.

Btw, a UI isn't too much effort, I don't really need Jay_Jay for it but I'm just to lazy to do it for myself :P

RE: [Release] Send on Signin v1.02 by stuartbennett on 08-13-2006 at 12:43 PM

really how easy is it to do a UI then? cause i wouldnt mind doing a UI to get used to how there done but obviously i am not too sure how to get started etc not to mention how do you code it to the script.

EDIT: i had a go at trying to cut and paste extracts from other scripts into the necesarry files required to build a UI however my attempt ended in absolute failure and i am out of ideas, if the window designer was built this would have been easy i reckon.

RE: [Release] Send on Signin v1.02 by markee on 08-13-2006 at 10:08 PM

The UI is simple once you start getting use to a few basics of it.  I didn't mean it was easy for starting to do it from the start :P  The harder side of it I think  is the scripting to make it all work.  I've still had to do all the scripting with Gradient including the things that go with the UI so it isn't too much for me.  Have fun with your attempts though, you'll get there soon when you start to understand it all.

RE: [Release] Send on Signin v1.02 by Deco on 08-14-2006 at 01:36 AM

Nice work. Keep it up!

RE: [Release] Send on Signin v1.02 by Chris4 on 08-14-2006 at 02:14 AM

Nice script, I'm still using it. :)

RE: [Release] Send on Signin v1.02 by markee on 12-19-2006 at 03:01 PM

Ok, well I have made an update for the scripting comp.  At lest this time when I (re-)coded it I knew what I was doing (I now have a window but have less lines of code [Image: msn_confused.gif]) See the first post for all the info on it .  I hope you all keep using it.

RE: [Release] Send on Signin v1.50 by stuartbennett on 12-19-2006 at 07:40 PM

ok sorry to say this but after download v1.5 and importing it it tells me i cannot run it, i think there must be a coding error somewhere.

RE: RE: [Release] Send on Signin v1.50 by markee on 12-20-2006 at 12:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
ok sorry to say this but after download v1.5 and importing it it tells me i cannot run it, i think there must be a coding error somewhere.

Thanks for telling me, it should run now.  I can't believe I missed the quotes, and missed the syntax error in the debug.  I was rushed because I wanted to get to bed an people had been continually talking all night, it is all my fault thouh and I'm yet again sorry for releasing a dodgy script.
RE: [Release] Send on Signin v1.50 by stuartbennett on 12-20-2006 at 05:59 AM

its ok markee i can easily understand how these things happen. thanks markee the script loads fine now but the apply and save buttons of the preferences window don't work, cancel button works though so present the script cant store anything.

RE: [Release] Send on Signin v1.50 by markee on 12-20-2006 at 06:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
its ok markee i can easily understand how these things happen. thanks markee the script loads fine now but the apply and save buttons of the preferences window don't work, cancel button works though so present the script cant store anything.
I thought I fixed this and didn't change anything, I'll have another look at it very soon (and resend it to the data base) but first im having to deal with some other stuff....
RE: [Release] Send on Signin v1.50 by Wally on 12-20-2006 at 06:25 AM

what can i say markee the script is great!!! why am i not surprised:P and the save and apply buttons are working EDIT: sometimes work and when the save button works it doesnt save the changes

RE: RE: [Release] Send on Signin v1.50 by markee on 12-20-2006 at 06:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by wally lebo rambo
what can i say markee the script is great!!! why am i not surprised:P and the save and apply buttons are working EDIT: sometimes work and when the save button works it doesnt save the changes

I've had a look and it does save it with apply/save but the problem is when you have a look at it again before restarting the script/messenger then it won't show the changes.  I can't see what is causing this problem at the moment but I will keep looking into it for you, I hope I can find the problem.

Edit: it appears to not be saving to the temporary folder that i make, I'll try to fix this.
RE: [Release] Send on Signin v1.50 by stuartbennett on 12-20-2006 at 08:18 AM

ok thanks markee

RE: [Release] Send on Signin v1.50 by markee on 12-20-2006 at 08:37 AM

Ok, thanks for those people waiting.  I fixed the minor bug, here's hoping there are no other problems (and sorry for using you all as guinea pigs).  If you have any other problems, can you please tell me as soon as possible.

RE: [Release] Send on Signin v1.50.03 by Wally on 12-20-2006 at 08:54 AM

Markee i have fully testing this script with other contacts Works like a charm thanks for all your help(Y)

RE: [Release] Send on Signin v1.50.03 by stuartbennett on 12-20-2006 at 01:22 PM

quote:
Ok, thanks for those people waiting.  I fixed the minor bug, here's hoping there are no other problems (and sorry for using you all as guinea pigs).  If you have any other problems, can you please tell me as soon as possible.

i have downloaded this script and as soon as i get home tonight i will import it and see if it resolves the prolem i had, i will let you know on this thread the outcome of that action.