Shoutbox

[RELEASE] Message Gradiator v1.1 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Message Gradiator v1.1 (/showthread.php?tid=63057)

[RELEASE] Message Gradiator v1.1 by GibsonDude on 07-11-2006 at 05:21 PM

Here's a script I wrote to automatically change your outgoing messages to a gradient...

I would disable the script if you are talking to someone without plus... they will think you are talking jibberish to them...

[Image: Gradiator.jpg]

Does anyone know how to detect if a contact has plus on and to store the result in a variable? Would come in handy for this script!

RE: [RELEASE] Message Gradiator v1.1 by Mentality on 07-11-2006 at 05:23 PM

Good Job, it looks nice - maybe custom colour selection would be an idea?

RE: [RELEASE] Message Gradiator v1.1 by jmccarroll on 07-11-2006 at 05:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GibsonDude
Does anyone know how to detect if a contact has plus on and to store the result in a variable? Would come in handy for this script!
/ping command should do that... not 100% for sure though
RE: RE: [RELEASE] Message Gradiator v1.1 by GibsonDude on 07-11-2006 at 05:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mentality
Good Job, it looks nice - maybe custom colour selection would be an idea?

I will try to implement that in the next release... Thanks for the replies!
RE: [RELEASE] Message Gradiator v1.1 by Joereynolds89 on 07-11-2006 at 05:35 PM

yer ping does it, but im not sure if theres away to do this silently, ive seen in other forums its not possible to detect within the script if the person your talking to has plus :(

Maybe you could create a window where you can select what users you want to see the gradient therefore people can put the users they no who have lus in this window, its a long work around but owell :(

RE: [RELEASE] Message Gradiator v1.1 by jameslives on 07-11-2006 at 05:47 PM

nice looks good
ill try it

edit:
could you add an option to add a gradient to only ONE message?
instead if every msg
for example:
/gradient darkblue yellow hello!

RE: RE: [RELEASE] Message Gradiator v1.1 by GibsonDude on 07-11-2006 at 05:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jameslives
nice looks good
ill try it

edit:
could you add an option to add a gradient to only ONE message?
instead if every msg
for example:
/gradient darkblue yellow hello!

Sure thing! I will add that to the next release...
RE: [RELEASE] Message Gradiator v1.1 by deAd on 07-11-2006 at 06:10 PM

If you're going to do that, why not just type the tags, or use the tag window? easier :P

RE: [RELEASE] Message Gradiator v1.1 by Thor on 07-11-2006 at 06:32 PM

Nice script, good for the Plus! people. :)

RE: [RELEASE] Message Gradiator v1.1 by vaccination on 07-11-2006 at 06:56 PM

This is a cool script allthough will be better with the the tags.

Its nice to have a the whole options box and stuff even though you could just use the plus commands.

RE: [RELEASE] Message Gradiator v1.1 by Tartooob on 07-11-2006 at 08:07 PM

Well done my friend, very nice script, me and my friends are now crazy with colors :P
no bugs at all.

RE: [RELEASE] Message Gradiator v1.1 by crank on 07-13-2006 at 09:16 PM

i had something much more advanced in the works, it was gonna have per contact settings, and random gradients, alos random single colors, and of course options for all contacts, but somethings fucked up and i didn't really care about finishing it up. If i find time i'm going to.

RE: [RELEASE] Message Gradiator v1.1 by GibsonDude on 07-13-2006 at 10:45 PM

yeah well... I do have a few other things in the works for this script... the reason it's as basic as it is, is because I wanted to get it out before anyone else had a similar Idea...
I'm also working on the 'Individual Contact Settings', and have already implemented 'Random Gradients' into my next release... and I've also added a multiple colour change (Start/Middle/End Colours)... I expect a release by the begining of next week...

RE: [RELEASE] Message Gradiator v1.1 by Misterjad on 07-18-2006 at 06:27 AM

Hi!
Here is one bug i've just found :
when you type " : " at the end of your message you get a bat because of the [ of the colour code.....
in order to fix it, change the line 119

code:
return Message.replace(Message, scol + Message + ecol);
to:
code:
return Message.replace(Message, scol + Message + " " + ecol);

waiting for your next release ;) :-[:-[
RE: RE: [RELEASE] Message Gradiator v1.1 by GibsonDude on 07-18-2006 at 07:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Misterjad
Hi!
Here is one bug i've just found :
when you type " : " at the end of your message you get a bat because of the [ of the colour code.....
in order to fix it, change the line 119
code:
return Message.replace(Message, scol + Message + ecol);
to:
code:
return Message.replace(Message, scol + Message + " " + ecol);

waiting for your next release ;) :-[:-[

Thanks for the bug report...
That particular bug has already been fixed in the next release... Won't be long now ;)
RE: [RELEASE] Message Gradiator v1.1 by rockmanneo on 07-18-2006 at 10:52 PM

How about add gradient background fucntion as well?

RE: [RELEASE] Message Gradiator v1.1 by Wally on 12-01-2006 at 12:58 PM

Hasn't this script already been made

RE: [RELEASE] Message Gradiator v1.1 by vicky_brough on 03-17-2007 at 07:33 PM

this is a gr8 gradiator.(Y) i jus wish it ad more choice ov colours.:( does anyone no ow to get multi coloured writen automatically??????:D:P(Y)(Y)(Y)

fanx.

vicky xxx

RE: [RELEASE] Message Gradiator v1.1 by markee on 03-18-2007 at 01:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by vicky_brough
this is a gr8 gradiator.(Y) i jus wish it ad more choice ov colours.:( does anyone no ow to get multi coloured writen automatically??????:D:P(Y)(Y)(Y)

fanx.

vicky xxx

I believe this script has been discontinued as it has been so long since an update.

If you want more colours and more choices and some important extras (like only sending the colours to the contact/s you choose, etc.) then please look at [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient).
RE: [RELEASE] Message Gradiator v1.1 by vicky_brough on 03-18-2007 at 10:32 AM

quote:
I believe this script has been discontinued as it has been so long since an update.

If you want more colours and more choices and some important extras (like only sending the colours to the contact/s you choose, etc.) then please look at [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient).

a downloaded this but it is jus reli the sme wid more colours. how cn a do it wid lyk all the colours so it is multi-coloured writen???? plz help.

xoxox vicky xoxox:(

p.s i use WLM so it needs to b compatable for that if anyone has one they dnt mind me downloadin. fanx ppl

RE: RE: [RELEASE] Message Gradiator v1.1 by vicky_brough on 03-18-2007 at 10:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by markee
quote:
Originally posted by vicky_brough

fanx.

vicky xxx

this is a gd attatchment but do yooh no how to get lyk muli-coloured writen so my writen cn b yk green n blue n red n purple etc????/ plz help

fanx xoxox vicky xoxox:(
RE: [RELEASE] Message Gradiator v1.1 by callmegarfield on 03-20-2007 at 11:18 PM

Any chance of a background colour and\or background gradient?

RE: [RELEASE] Message Gradiator v1.1 by NanaFreak on 03-21-2007 at 05:43 AM

dont worry about this script... it hasnt been updated since plus was released...

RE: [RELEASE] Message Gradiator v1.1 by newbold 4 lyf on 03-21-2007 at 09:50 PM

Hi.
Ive added the script but it doesnt seem to work?
Any help?

Nay

RE: [RELEASE] Message Gradiator v1.1 by Necrolight on 03-24-2007 at 05:24 PM

hi,just wanna ask where i can download that?[font=Impact][size=2][color=blue]

RE: [RELEASE] Message Gradiator v1.1 by Jimbo on 03-24-2007 at 06:06 PM

Message gradiator
Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient)

problem gettin Gradiator script to work ! by Chilled99 on 05-20-2007 at 05:24 PM

Hello,

I have installed msnpluslive 421  on my windows live messenger ( version 8.1) under windows XP, and installed the gradiator script with it that allows me to write with 2 colors, therefor when I choose my two colors and click on " save & exit " nothing happens ! I just can't close the window to save the colors.
Could anyone kindly help in telling me what the problem is ?

Much appreciated.

Thks.

Chilled.