Shoutbox

[Release] Message Customizer! Live (Gradient) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Release] Message Customizer! Live (Gradient) (/showthread.php?tid=63362)

[Release] Message Customizer! Live (Gradient) by NanaFreak on 07-16-2006 at 11:29 AM

Message Customizer! Live lets you customize the formatting individually or in groups for your contacts with Messenger Plus!  If you do not want either a background or the text to be coloured then leave the beginning colour box blank.  For a single colour only fill the first colour box with a number corresponding to a colour.  Finally for a gradient look to your text colour and/or your background fill in both the beginning colour and ending colour boxes for the starting colour of the gradient and ending colour of the gradient respectively.  The numbers for the corresponding colours can be written as a colour index (only 0-68 as the others can be anything) or hexadecimal or decimal or can be automatically made using the colour selector window by pressing the colour selector button to the right of the corresponding box.

Made By
markee
NanaFreak

Commands
/mcabout (no message) Shows the gradient about window
/mchelp (no message) Shows the gradient help window
/mcconfig (no message) Shows the gradient configuration window

Version
v1.00.05 - Fixed major bug with with IRC gradients and fixed links in "Need more help page" and fixed Updater
v1.00.04 - Fixed some bugs with the save feature and fixed a bug with trying to remove contacts from a group that aren't there
v1.00.03 - fixed save bug
v1.00.01 - Recoded from Gradient v3

To Do
Add languages

Screen Shots

[Image: preview.png]
click for large

I hope you enjoy the script.

If you have any comments and/or sugestions they are very welcome so please post them.

note: will have other languages soon!

RE: [Release] Gradient text by Dally on 07-16-2006 at 02:13 PM

I can't seem to get the gradient colours to work, how do u do them.

I think i may b duin them rong

Thx

Edit :

Got it working and works fantastic, wickd script man, keep it up

RE: RE: [Release] Gradient text by Stalkid on 07-16-2006 at 02:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dally

Thx

Edit :

I didn't... :(

Could you describe what you were doing?
RE: RE: RE: [Release] Gradient text by GibsonDude on 07-16-2006 at 03:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stalkid
quote:

Thx

Edit :

I wrote a gradient script a while back... (see the scripts database), I'm uploading an update soon...
RE: [Release] Gradient text by Stalkid on 07-16-2006 at 03:55 PM

I do have scripts for gradient messages but i need the option to disable the script for contacts without live messenger.

When I type /gradon or /gradoff i get an error. The command isn't known...

RE: RE: RE: [Release] Gradient text by NanaFreak on 07-16-2006 at 08:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stalkid
quote:

Thx

Edit :

You have to type
/gradon (any or no message) to the contact you wish to see the gradient
/gradoff (any or no message) a contact that can see your gradient to stop them from seeing it
/gradc1 (the number of the colour) to choose the first colour of the gradient
/gradc2 (the number of the colour) to choose the second colour of the gradient
/gradabout (any or no message) to diplay the about window
/gradhelp (any or no message) to display the help window

note you have to do each command in a seperate message

you can also try to use the plus menu in the convosation window to turn it on and off for that contact but you still need to type /gradc1 /gradc2

I hope this answers your question
RE: [Release] Gradient text by vaccination on 07-16-2006 at 09:27 PM

Nice script. Very useful to be able to do it too certain people only.

RE: [Release] Gradient text by Stalkid on 07-16-2006 at 09:56 PM

Ah thx Jay_Jay, it worked with the plus menu in the conversation window.

Very good script!

RE: [Release] Gradient text by Koco on 07-16-2006 at 10:46 PM

Good Script

RE: [Release] Gradient text by markee on 07-16-2006 at 11:29 PM

I'm glad you all liked it, btw I did a majority of the work he did some with the UI (help, about and working on a configuration one) and gave me some ideas of what to do.  I only wrote the code part of it, so it was a joint effort (Y)

Any further ideas are welcome and I'll see what I can do.

RE: [Release] Gradient text by Dally on 07-17-2006 at 10:48 PM

Is there any way that Messenger Plus contacts can see the gradient text. At the moment onli my Messenger Plus Live contacts can see the 2 colours being blended 2geva. Messenger Plus users just see codes.

RE: [Release] Gradient text by CookieRevised on 07-18-2006 at 12:00 AM

quote:
Is there any way that Messenger Plus contacts can see the gradient text. At the moment onli my Messenger Plus Live contacts can see the 2 colours being blended 2geva. Messenger Plus users just see codes.
No the BBCodes are only supported by Plus!Live...

In order to let people see the gradients when they use Plus!3, you have to use the IRC-style codes (=hint for Jay_Jay and/or markee).

;)

RE: [Release] Gradient text by cloudhunter on 07-18-2006 at 01:06 AM

But still, Messenger Plus! 3 doesn't support the gradient feature in the first place, unless it is done manually ;)

Cloudy

Edit: Why not just tell them to get plus live? They are behind... WAAY behind ;) :P

RE: [Release] Gradient text by markee on 07-18-2006 at 02:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by cloudhunter
Edit: Why not just tell them to get plus live? They are behind... WAAY behind (Smilie) (Smilie)
Ever thought there friend might not be using XP?

quote:

Thanks for the idea, I'll try adding this in as another command so that you can still keep your gradient text with you friends that have MP!L and you will have coloured text for those that have Messenger plus! 3.xx  I have to do it as a plain text I'm sorry because the Irc feature doesn't support a gradient text without doing each letter seperately to my knowledge.
RE: [Release] Gradient text by NanaFreak on 07-18-2006 at 03:35 AM

Sorry thought I had uploaded v1.01 before but it looks like I didn't.  Hope this helps and markee has already started trying to put the Irc colouring in for you.

RE: [Release] Gradient text by markee on 07-18-2006 at 04:29 AM

OK, I added a feature to put in the Irc colours, please note this only makes a block colour not a gradient as I dont think gradients can be done with the Irc codes that were used in MP! 3.xx.  This won't be uploaded into the first post until Jay_Jay comes home from school.  Until then you will just have to take it from this post.

The new commands are

/gradircon (any/no message)   Add contact to Messenger Plus! 3.xx list
/gradircoff (any/no message)  Remove contact from Messenger Plus! 3.xx list
/gradirc (colour number)      Colour for Messenger Plus! 3.xx contacts

You will also be happy to know that the contacts and colours you have listed are messenger account specific so this does not get passed on to other people using your computer, you will have to assign the olours and recipiets of the gradient text again.  Sorry for this but it is to make the script better in the long run.

EDIT: Also should add that if you have a contact to receive both kinds of text, the irc text will not show, only the BBcode (gradient) will.

EDIT 2: Script now avaliable from first post.

RE: [Release] Gradient text by NanaFreak on 07-18-2006 at 05:44 AM

!BUMP! Sorry but i have just realeased a new version of the script it now works with MP! 3.xx :P I hope you enjoy it.

RE: RE: [Release] Gradient text by CookieRevised on 07-18-2006 at 06:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by markee
OK, I added a feature to put in the Irc colours, please note this only makes a block colour not a gradient as I dont think gradients can be done with the Irc codes that were used in MP! 3.xx.
It can perfectly be done with IRC-style format codes. Many plugins exist which do this for Plus!3 as a matter of fact. Though they do not automatically gradient the text by applying two colors at the beginning and end of the text, you need to calculate and apply your shift in colors manually (thus with the script).
RE: [Release] Gradient text v1.10 by markee on 07-18-2006 at 06:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
It can perfectly be done with IRC-style format codes. Many plugins exist which do this for Plus!3 as a matter of fact. Though they do not automatically gradient the text by applying two colors at the beginning and end of the text, you need to calculate and apply your shift in colors manually (thus with the script).
I'll look into this, it will take me a bit but I'll try my best to do this.
RE: [Release] Gradient text v1.10 by markee on 07-18-2006 at 11:15 AM

OK well I have made a script that makes a gradient for your friends with MP! 3.xx but the only problem is that it can only use hexadecimal for the numbers.  If someone could give the hexadecimal for all the preset colours I can then start integrating this into the gradient script.  I'm just really tired atm and have been spending the last four and a half hours (apart from dinner) working on this script and I have to get up in under 8 hours time :(.  If someone could do that for me it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks and I hope you and your MP! 3.xx contacts will enjoy this script when I integrate it (should be by the weekend).

RE: [Release] Gradient text v1.10 by Dally on 07-18-2006 at 01:44 PM

Can't wait till this script is finished. 50% of my contacts use the old messenger plus so it wud b kool if they can see the gradient text as wel.

Thx Markee

RE: [Release] Gradient text v1.10 by rockmanneo on 07-18-2006 at 09:21 PM

How about add gradient background fucntion as well?

RE: RE: [Release] Gradient text by cloudhunter on 07-19-2006 at 12:28 AM

quote:
Ever thought there friend might not be using XP?

Actually it didn't occur to me... But my statement was only meant in jest ;)

quote:
Originally posted by rockmanneo

This would be a good feature, although it wouldn't work for Plus! 3 contacts ;)

quote:
OK well I have made a script that makes a gradient for your friends with MP! 3.xx but the only problem is that it can only use hexadecimal for the numbers.

Be careful with that... There is a chance with the extra charactors in the message that you could go over the message limit... although I agree that it is very unlikely ;) But in the case of it happening, I suggest either less transitions, or not applying the gradient in those circumstances.

Cloudy
RE: RE: RE: [Release] Gradient text by CookieRevised on 07-19-2006 at 12:42 AM

quote:
quote:
Just as stated before, it would perfectly work when IRC-style format codes are used.

quote:
OK well I have made a script that makes a gradient for your friends with MP! 3.xx but the only problem is that it can only use hexadecimal for the numbers.
You can use decimal numbers too, just as you can also use RGB color values etc...

I suggest to take a look at the help pages of Plus! 3 in concearn to colors...

Also look in the plugin section of the forum for all the threads regarding color manipulation in Plus!3. Also take a look at the gradient plugins for Plus!3, etc...
RE: RE: RE: RE: [Release] Gradient text by cloudhunter on 07-19-2006 at 12:56 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:
Just as stated before, it would perfectly work when IRC-style format codes are used.

As far as I know the Gradient Background is a new feature of Plus Live! ? By Gradient background is meant this:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=697809]

If it is a feature unique to Live! then it can't be done for Plus! 3 contacts. I could be wrong though (often am ;))

Cloudy
RE: [Release] Gradient text v1.10 by markee on 07-19-2006 at 03:37 AM

quote:
You can use decimal numbers too, just as you can also use RGB color values etc...

I suggest to take a look at the help pages of Plus! 3 in concearn to colors...

Also look in the plugin section of the forum for all the threads regarding color manipulation in Plus!3. Also take a look at the gradient plugins for Plus!3, etc...
Ok well I'll do some work for the backgrounds for both MP!3 and MP!L thanks for the link to that I didnt even think to look at the old page :P.  I chose to use hexadecimal as it is smaller but now that I look at it, it would have been quicker to code the other way, the only problem with changing it is that MP!L gives you the colour number as hexadecimal if you choose a customised colour so I thought it was easiest to use that ;) Also it takes up less characters.  I will also look into making it smaller by only putting the colour changing in a set number of times as a maximum to make sure it doesn't shorten you message by too much (the most extra characters it will take up is 135 with the way it is set up and isn't there an option to make your conversation 1000 characters each with a efature in MP!L or is that the nickname? I can't check because I'm at uni atm).  I might also add a maximum message length for it to stop working like cloudhunter suggested, just as a precaution.

quote:
As far as I know the Gradient Background is a new feature of Plus Live! ? By Gradient background is meant this:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=697809]

If it is a feature unique to Live! then it can't be done for Plus! 3 contacts. I could be wrong though (often am ;))

Cloudy
Sorry but you are wrong :P Take a look at the old site and you will see how you could have done this (though I must admit I never knew about it either until I read it just then).

I'll see how I'm going for implementing these features in, it might take longer than I was anticipating with these new additions/changes and having to get the 64 different hexidecimal colours because I can't seem to find them listed on the forums or the old site, I also have thought up a better way of making the gradient for IRC to help shorten the script (almost 500 lines isn't nice to find any errors with but I realised a way I could use an array to make it a lot less).  Do keep your ideas coming though, it gives me something to do and think about.I'm also starting to thihnk that I really need to get some kind of interface so that is user friendly rather than heap and heaps of commands, any help with this would be greatly appreciated because I'm really noobie with xml and integrating it into a script, I'm sure I could learn but that's a lot of effort and Jay_Jay isn't much good at it atm either (but you can't really expect to much from a 14 year old :P)
RE: RE: [Release] Gradient text v1.10 by cloudhunter on 07-19-2006 at 04:45 PM

quote:
Sorry but you are wrong :P Take a look at the old site and you will see how you could have done this (though I must admit I never knew about it either until I read it just then).

Well I couldn't find any way to do it myself, but i'll take your word for it, I like to be prooven wrong ;)

Good luck with the script :)

Cloudy
RE: [Release] Gradient text v1.10 by markee on 07-20-2006 at 05:18 AM

quote:
Well I couldn't find any way to do it myself, but i'll take your word for it, I like to be prooven wrong ;)

Good luck with the script :)

Cloudy
All you have to do is put a commar between the two different numbers like {text colour},{background colour} :P

I found the hexdecimal for the colours, now I have to implement that into the code (a few if statements) and I have to fix up a problem that I am having with it, but I'll do what I can an I don't have uni tomorrow so I can t least work on it a bit tonight and all day tomorrow :)

If this goes as well as I'm hoping then I should have coloured text using IRC by the weekend and release that before doing some more work on the background colours.

Btw, why hasn't anyone stuck there hand up to help me with a UI? :(
RE: [Release] Gradient text v1.20 by NanaFreak on 07-22-2006 at 02:05 PM

!BUMP! (because editing doesnt bump) New version is out. You can now send gradient text to IRC users (MP! 3 .xx). I hope you enjoy it.

RE: [Release] Gradient text v1.20 by stuartbennett on 07-23-2006 at 04:05 PM

ok i have any idea, i would like to be able to rainbow gradient my message so it starts off as red then goes through the other colours of the rainbow until finally going to pink, unfortunately the existing gradient script doesnt give you the option of using more than 2 colours in the gradient, can this be fixed?

RE: [Release] Gradient text v1.20 by markee on 07-23-2006 at 11:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
ok i have any idea, i would like to be able to rainbow gradient my message so it starts off as red then goes through the other colours of the rainbow until finally going to pink, unfortunately the existing gradient script doesnt give you the option of using more than 2 colours in the gradient, can this be fixed?
This could be done but it is going to take quite a lot more effort, I'll see what I can do for you.  Do you think I should make a special one that makes a rainbow ow one that you can have 3 or more colours gradients? Either way I think it will become quite messy and long when you type something with all the hidden colours, especially for short messages like 'ok' and it will reduce the amount you can write quite substancially even using the BBcode for the gradients.  I will still see what I can do for you though
RE: [Release] Gradient text v1.20 by stuartbennett on 07-24-2006 at 05:53 AM

markee, thanks for looking into it for me, i guess either way would be cool i look to you guys to make the best choice on this one after all you have the experience in making these things. i do see your point about reducing how much you can type in messenger, i dont suppose its possible for anyone to write a script that increases the amount of characters message can have, i know plus does this up to 1100 but maybe if a script could take it upto say 11000 thatd be plenty even for long messages with gradients. as for short messages well perhaps below a certain amount of characters a rainbow wont be possible in which case it would just use a few colours from the rainbow i am not really sure.

RE: [Release] Gradient text v1.21 by NanaFreak on 07-24-2006 at 09:36 AM

Sorry but there is a new version. The old one (v1.20) wouldnt let BBCode work. But it is fixed now sorry about that. Now for hexdecimals you dont need the #.

RE: [Release] Gradient text v1.21 by stuartbennett on 07-24-2006 at 11:46 AM

sounds great ill download the update as soon as i get home tonight.

RE: [Release] Gradient text v1.21 by Shondoit on 07-24-2006 at 07:04 PM

Hey JJ, I downloaded your script for learning purposes, and when I went to your script I noticed the Hex to Decimal stuff, colorcode to number. I think I can make that piece of code a lot shorter? Do you want me to help you out?

RE: [Release] Gradient text v1.21 by markee on 07-25-2006 at 02:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Shondoit
Hey JJ, I downloaded your script for learning purposes, and when I went to your script I noticed the Hex to Decimal stuff, colorcode to number. I think I can make that piece of code a lot shorter? Do you want me to help you out?
That would be nice.  I just tried to get it done quickly so that it would be ready for the weekend like I said it was going to be.  I don't mind it how it is already but if people are willing to help to make my code better then I'm very willing to listen.

If you need help understanding anything in it either to help you learn just PM me or something an I'll be glad to help, I know the script doesn't explain much.
RE: [Release] Gradient text v1.21 by Psycko on 07-26-2006 at 08:14 AM

Ever considered building in the hexadecimal color codes?

It would be a bit more convenient than having to look them up online.

You could do base colors, if you dont wanna get too complicated.

(By the way, I'm not able to choose black as part of my gradient. Is this a bug?)

RE: RE: [Release] Gradient text v1.21 by markee on 07-26-2006 at 08:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Psycko

(By the way, I'm not able to choose black as part of my gradient. Is this a bug?)

Ok, I quickly fixed this bug with the colour black for you, I'll first update it here and when Jay_Jay is online next he will update the main post.  Also you don't need to know the hexadecimal, you can use the numbers like 0 for white, 1 for black, 3 for green, etc just like as if you were using the gradients normally, I even have it convert from this to hexadecimal for you.  An easier way of getting the hexadecimal also is to make a custom colour in the select colour area (bottom right corner).  I hope this helps and I'm sorry for your confusion, maybe we should have stated it better.

EDIT: File updated on front page, enjoy :)
RE: [Release] Gradient text v1.22 by Shondoit on 07-26-2006 at 11:24 AM

JJ/Markee
I'm done changing the code it is a lot smaller now, and a lot easier to read...
I've added two functions: convertToHex and convertToDec and changed the average colors algorithm...

I haven't tested it yet, but it shouldn't give any problems...

code:
function convertToHex(val)
{
  var Hex = "0123456789ABCDEF";
  var ret = "";
  while (n != 0)
  {
    ret = Hex.charAt(n & 16) + ret;
    n >>>= 4;
  }
  return (ret.length == 0) ? "0" : ret;
}
function convertToDec(val)
{
  return parseInt(val,16)
}
//IRC Stuff
function Irc(sMessage,ChatWnd)
{
  var Message = sMessage
  var length = Message.length
  var WSH = new ActiveXObject('WScript.Shell');
  var colour1 = WSH.RegRead(MsgPlus.ScriptRegPath + Messenger.MyUserId + "\\irc\\colour1")
  var colour2 = WSH.RegRead(MsgPlus.ScriptRegPath + Messenger.MyUserId + "\\irc\\colour2")
  var c11 = convertToDec(colour1.substr(0,2))
  var c12 = convertToDec(colour1.substr(2,2))
  var c13 = convertToDec(colour1.substr(4,2))
  var c21 = convertToDec(colour2.substr(0,2))
  var c22 = convertToDec(colour2.substr(2,2))
  var c23 = convertToDec(colour2.substr(4,2))
  k = (length >= 16) ? 16 : length;
  var A = ((c21 - c11) / k);
  var B = ((c22 - c12) / k);
  var C = ((c23 - c13) / k);
  var colour = new Array();
  for (i = 0; i <= k-1; i++)
  {
    var U1 = convertToHex(Math.round(A * i + c11));
    var U2 = convertToHex(Math.round(B * i + c12));
    var U3 = convertToHex(Math.round(C * i + c13));
    var number = "" + U1 + U2 + U3;
    colour[i] = number
  }
  var eMessage = "0";
  var x = 0;
  var j = length/16;
  if (length >= 16)
  {
    for(i = 0; i < length; i++)
    {
      if (i == Math.floor(x*j))
      {
        eMessage = eMessage + "#" + colour[x] + "" + Message.charAt(i)
        x++
      }
      else
      {
        eMessage = eMessage + Message.charAt(i)
      }
    }
    if (i == 16)
    {
      eMessage = eMessage + ""
    }
  }
  else
  {
    for(k = 0; k < length; k++)
    {
      eMessage = eMessage + "#" + colour[k] + "" + Message.charAt(k) + ""
    }
  }
  Message = eMessage
  return Message;
}

RE: RE: [Release] Gradient text v1.21 by Psycko on 07-27-2006 at 03:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Psycko

Thanks. (:
RE: [Release] Gradient text v1.22 by markee on 08-01-2006 at 11:31 AM

Version 2.00 now avaliable

The much awaited configuration window is in to make it all a lot easier for you.  I also fixed the code up a bit to make it shorter (though I used another method apart from Shondoit's, he gave me the inspiration though).  The next version is going to have background gradient support.  Hope you enjoy it as much as I have.  Keep reporting bugs and expressing your ideas, they all help. :)

RE: [Release] Gradient text v1.22 by Zahid™ on 08-01-2006 at 11:33 AM

Nice script (Y).

RE: [Release] Gradient text v1.22 by Thor on 08-01-2006 at 11:35 AM

quote:
e it all a lot easier for you.  I also fixed the code up a bit to make it shorter (though I used another method apart from Shondoit's, he gave me the inspiration though).  The next version is going to have background gradient support.  Hope you enjoy it as much as I have.  Keep reporting bugs and
Good, it works here, (Y) 
A useful script :)
RE: [Release] Gradient text v1.22 by markee on 08-01-2006 at 11:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Zahid™
Nice script (Y).
quote:
Originally posted by Nitrolinken
Good, it works here, (Smilie) 
A usefil script, (Smilie)
How can you tell if it works or if the new version is any good if you have downloaded it?
RE: [Release] Gradient text v2.00 by problem-solver-wlm on 08-09-2006 at 04:32 PM

cool and very cool script

RE: [Release] Gradient text v2.00 by stuartbennett on 08-09-2006 at 06:51 PM

the commands dont work please advise.

i tryed "/gradconfig" but it returned the following message.

quote:
the command you entered was not recognised. if the message was not meant to be a command, insert a double "//" at the beginning.

there is no menu based access to the configuration window therefore the script is unusable until this error has been resolved.
RE: [Release] Gradient text v2.00 by NanaFreak on 08-09-2006 at 08:38 PM

could you please tell me what version you are using because v2.00 is the only one with a config window.

RE: [Release] Gradient text v2.00 by stuartbennett on 08-09-2006 at 09:21 PM

i am using 2.00 which i downloaded from the link on the first post of this thread.

RE: [Release] Gradient text v2.00 by NanaFreak on 08-09-2006 at 09:24 PM

ok well i will put another attachment here but would u please beable to give me a screen shot of the problem (the command and the msg plus menu)

EDIT: removed the attachment becouse problem solved

RE: [Release] Gradient text v2.00 by markee on 08-09-2006 at 11:32 PM

I understand what you are saying (I don't think Jay_Jay does :P).  Is the script enabled?  Have you tried to change anything in the script?

RE: [Release] Gradient text v2.00 by stuartbennett on 08-10-2006 at 05:11 AM

no i havent changed the script at all and yes it was enabled as it showed up in the list of scripts under the plus icon just no submenu from the gradient menu for a config window however the link jay jay provided 2 posts up after clicking on it and installing it it resolved the problem now theres no more errors, unfortunately it means i wont be able to reproduce the error i was getting.

RE: [Release] Gradient text v2.00 by markee on 08-10-2006 at 06:23 AM

Was the checkbox next to the script ticked before.  It automatically checks it if you install a script (or reinstall in this case).  I think that may have been what happened by what you are saying, or at least I hope that's what the cause was.

RE: [Release] Gradient text v2.00 by stuartbennett on 08-10-2006 at 11:41 AM

the checkbox had to be ticked as only the scripts with ticks next to them are listed with submenus in the plus icon on the WLM contact window. is it at all possible that the 2.00 listed in the first post was named as 2.00 but was actually version 1.21 or something and therefore woiuldnt work as was expected, and that when jay jay posted the new link he actually took care to link to the 2.00 file this time round. i know thats unlikely but i always beleive in eliminating every possibility.

RE: [Release] Gradient text v2.00 by markee on 08-10-2006 at 12:07 PM

quote:
the checkbox had to be ticked as only the scripts with ticks next to them are listed with submenus in the plus icon on the WLM contact window. is it at all possible that the 2.00 listed in the first post was named as 2.00 but was actually version 1.21 or something and therefore woiuldnt work as was expected, and that when jay jay posted the new link he actually took care to link to the 2.00 file this time round. i know thats unlikely but i always beleive in eliminating every possibility.
I downloaded it from the first post (it's ownload count hasn't been reset so the script hasn't been updated).  I checked out the script and it was definitely v2.00 and I made sure all the xml files were there.  I don't know what happened with yours, maybe there was a minor glitch when you downloaded it.  At least it is all fixed now, we'll just keep an eye on it for later.
RE: [Release] Gradient text v2.00 by problem-solver-wlm on 08-10-2006 at 01:04 PM

you can do gradient with plus, but this saves the code and set up,  easy good script maybe backgrounds?improvement?

RE: [Release] Gradient text v2.00 by markee on 08-10-2006 at 01:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by problem-solver-wlm
u can do gradient with plus but this saves the code and set up easy good script maybe backgrounds?improvement?
I'm sorry I'm not really fluent in unpunctuated english, but if my translation is correct, thanks for the compliment.  Also backgrounds is going to be the next feature added to the script, well when I find the time it will be.  Any more improvement ideas will be greatly appreciated too. :)
RE: [Release] Gradient text v2.00 by Orgrim Doomhammer on 08-10-2006 at 05:47 PM

Hey, I have a problem with this script, when I speak with more than one contact i don't see the gradient text anymore... is there a way to solve it?

RE: [Release] Gradient text v2.00 by stuartbennett on 08-10-2006 at 07:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Orgrim Doomhammer
Hey, I have a problem with this script, when I speak with more than one contact i don't see the gradient text anymore... is there a way to solve it?

well i would bet the issue is that because you have to put a tick next to each contact that you wish to use gradient with in the config window then when your group convo includes contacts who arent ticked to receive gradients then it decides that because all contacts arent allowed to see gradients that none will get used. (markee, Jay jay am i right here?)

it therefore stands to reason to tick all of your contacts for the gradients then you shouldnt encounter the issues.

now then a feature for this script that i just thought of, as it is i can tick many contacts in bbcode and many contacts in irc but only set one gradient format for that code group. wouldnt it be cool if i could create a gradient rule for each individual contact and have the option to create "Gradient Groups" for using one gradient style for a specific group of people. all of which could be setup from the config window, for example, my companys logo uses orange and blue so maybe all my messenger contacts from work could be configured in a gradient group to see my messages as orange to blue gradient, but that gradient wouldnt make sense to a member of my superdudes community buddies, now superdudes logo is red and yellow therefore in a different gradient group i could let all superdudes on msn read my messages as red text going into yellow text for example.

anyway let me know what you guys think, and doomhammer hope my suggestion helps resolve the problem for you.

RE: RE: [Release] Gradient text v2.00 by NanaFreak on 08-10-2006 at 08:57 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Orgrim Doomhammer

well i would bet the issue is that because you have to put a tick next to each contact that you wish to use gradient with in the config window then when your group convo includes contacts who arent ticked to receive gradients then it decides that because all contacts arent allowed to see gradients that none will get used. (markee, Jay jay am i right here?)

No sorry this script will only work with 1 on 1 chats not a group chat

quote:
now then a feature for this script that i just thought of, as it is i can tick many contacts in bbcode and many contacts in irc but only set one gradient format for that code group. wouldnt it be cool if i could create a gradient rule for each individual contact and have the option to create "Gradient Groups" for using one gradient style for a specific group of people. all of which could be setup from the config window, for example, my companys logo uses orange and blue so maybe all my messenger contacts from work could be configured in a gradient group to see my messages as orange to blue gradient, but that gradient wouldnt make sense to a member of my superdudes community buddies, now superdudes logo is red and yellow therefore in a different gradient group i could let all superdudes on msn read my messages as red text going into yellow text for example.

anyway let me know what you guys think, and doomhammer hope my suggestion helps resolve the problem for you.

And you could use the IRC gradient for one of the groups because Messenge Plus! Live supports that and then use the BBCode for the other group. I hope this helps
RE: [Release] Gradient text v2.00 by stuartbennett on 08-11-2006 at 05:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jay_Jay
And you could use the IRC gradient for one of the groups because Messenge Plus! Live supports that and then use the BBCode for the other group. I hope this helps

yes i do appreciate that is how you get around it presently, however who is to say your only going to have 2 groups of people that you want to customise colours for remember i only defined the colours for 2 groups of where i wanted to use special colours, if i did it your way where would i go to set the gradient that i want to use for everyone else that isnt in those groups? its just a thought you could define gradient groups by clicking and add gradient group button which launches the gradient group setup window. and then the main window for bbcode and irc would be for setting individual gradients against each and every contact seperately.
RE: [Release] Gradient text v2.00 by Orgrim Doomhammer on 08-11-2006 at 07:38 AM

Ok thanks

RE: [Release] Gradient text v2.00 by markee on 08-11-2006 at 07:48 AM

quote:
quote:

yes i do appreciate that is how you get around it presently, however who is to say your only going to have 2 groups of people that you want to customise colours for remember i only defined the colours for 2 groups of where i wanted to use special colours, if i did it your way where would i go to set the gradient that i want to use for everyone else that isnt in those groups? its just a thought you could define gradient groups by clicking and add gradient group button which launches the gradient group setup window. and then the main window for bbcode and irc would be for setting individual gradients against each and every contact seperately.
I understand what you are after but this is a huge amount of coding (and thinking, planning, etc.) which atm I can't really find too much time for.  I plan to first make the script able to also preform gradient backgrounds as it seems to be quite wanted and wouldn't require too much adaptation from what I have already (most will just be copy and paste :)).  After I do the backgrounds I think I might have to move into more complicated coding like what you are asking for to be able to expand upon the script and keep it moving along (I know I on't want to see this script be limited in any way, shape or form).  It is a great idea and I'll try to implement it one day but it will just have to wait a while before getting in there just because of the complexity of it (just like tabbed chats being put into WLM by microsoft I guess).  Thanks for the continued imput and ideas, it is greatly appreciate (Y)
RE: [Release] Gradient text v2.00 by stuartbennett on 08-11-2006 at 11:55 AM

fair enough i do appreciate it will be a time consuming process and i understand it wong get implemented yet, but yes if you could shelve the idea for implementation once you decide to take the script to the next level then that would be greatly appreciated atleast that way i will atleast one day see my idea put into action.

RE: [Release] Gradient text v2.00 by markee on 08-13-2006 at 08:27 AM

Hope you like the long awaited integration of gradient backgrounds to our script.  There has also been an update of the configration window which I hope you like too.  I hope you don't mind that it is another update and it has only been a week and a half but I guess I just can't help myself but to keep adding features :P (at least it was over a week this time).  Keep those ideas rolling and I will continue to do my best to integrate them.  Enjoy :)

RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by NanaFreak on 08-14-2006 at 09:29 AM

I have just gotten a idea from some one on msn and that is a Nickname Gradient maker (to be in this script) and i just wanted to see if the people of this forum think that it would be a nice idea. So if you could please reply to this it would be nice :P

RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by stuartbennett on 08-19-2006 at 08:20 AM

quote:
I have just gotten a idea from some one on msn and that is a Nickname Gradient maker (to be in this script) and i just wanted to see if the people of this forum think that it would be a nice idea. So if you could please reply to this it would be nice :P

actually jay jay the colour effect in your post was going to be my next suggestion.

RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by markee on 08-19-2006 at 08:35 AM

quote:
I'm sorry but I can't see the use of this because it is in MP!L already and in a much more convinient place IMO.
RE: RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by stuartbennett on 08-19-2006 at 09:17 AM

quote:
quote:
I'm sorry but I can't see the use of this because it is in MP!L already and in a much more convinient place IMO.

i think i know what your referring to markee,  your referring to the "Format codes" button that appears next to your nickname box in tools options screen of messenger right? well assuming you are, yes it does sorta do gradients but its not user friendly, you can select a colour key in your text in between the two tags but that means you got to type each letter of your name in between seperate colour tags etc or to set gradients that do it for you you cant set it through the interface you need to know the code yourself, what was being suggested here is using the gradient scripts method of setting gradients on nicknames where you have a start colour and end colour box to select for text and a start and end for backgrounds etc.
RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by markee on 08-19-2006 at 09:25 AM

quote:
i think i know what your referring to markee,  your referring to the "Format codes" button that appears next to your nickname box in tools options screen of messenger right? well assuming you are, yes it does sorta do gradients but its not user friendly, you can select a colour key in your text in between the two tags but that means you got to type each letter of your name in between seperate colour tags etc or to set gradients that do it for you you cant set it through the interface you need to know the code yourself, what was being suggested here is using the gradient scripts method of setting gradients on nicknames where you have a start colour and end colour box to select for text and a start and end for backgrounds etc.
I guess that is true, this will be extremely easy to code.  Did you want it to be able to have a gradient IRC nickname (it will really limit your characters however)?
RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by stuartbennett on 08-19-2006 at 10:43 AM

well i guess that like with the convo text gradients maybe a choice could be offered, and considering theres a limit on nickname size maybe for that section of the configuration you could add a character counter advising the user how many characters they have left before they hit the limit, that way when they go to setup a nickname they can design one within the limits allowed.

anyway lets see how it goes after all i know you and jay jay are very busy.

RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by CookieRevised on 08-19-2006 at 03:51 PM

quote:
i think i know what your referring to markee,  your referring to the "Format codes" button that appears next to your nickname box in tools options screen of messenger right? well assuming you are, yes it does sorta do gradients but its not user friendly, you can select a colour key in your text in between the two tags but that means you got to type each letter of your name in between seperate colour tags etc or to set gradients that do it for you you cant set it through the interface you need to know the code yourself
you can do that perfectly...

Simply select your end color using the "format codes" button, remember it (or copy it) and choose your start color using the "format codes" button. Then simply copy that number you remembered at the end... done.

(and this explanation sounds even faaaaar more complicated than it actually is; it only takes 2 steps)

RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by markee on 08-20-2006 at 07:41 AM

quote:
quote:
i think i know what your referring to markee,  your referring to the "Format codes" button that appears next to your nickname box in tools options screen of messenger right? well assuming you are, yes it does sorta do gradients but its not user friendly, you can select a colour key in your text in between the two tags but that means you got to type each letter of your name in between seperate colour tags etc or to set gradients that do it for you you cant set it through the interface you need to know the code yourself
you can do that perfectly...

Simply select your end color using the "format codes" button, remember it (or copy it) and choose your start color using the "format codes" button. Then simply copy that number you remembered at the end... done.

(and this explanation sounds even faaaaar more complicated than it actually is; it only takes 2 steps)

An even more simple way of doing this so that you don't forget the number or anything is as follows:

1. Press "Format Tags" button
  2. Click the "T" in the top right corner of the box that pops up
  3. Go to "Gadient Text" and click it
  4. Select your start colour
  5. Select your end colour
  6. Click "Ok" or "Apply" to make you diplay name coloured
It might seem like a lot of steps but I took baby steps so people don't get confused :P

Btw, I'll still add this feature to the next version because it isn't hard at all
RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by stuartbennett on 08-20-2006 at 08:11 AM

the above procedure also applies to gradient backgrounds just replace the words "Gradient Text" with "Gradient background", while i know it does seem pretty easy that way i am still glad markee wants to put the nickname gradiator in the next version as although the above procedure is easy enough if you later decide the selected gradient wasnt what you wanted and only wanted to change 1 of the 2 colurs you still have to repeat the whole procedure again selecting both colours where as if it was part of gradient you would just click on the color icon next to which ever color you wanted to change which therefore saves the user a bit of time. thanks markee your the best.

RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by markee on 08-25-2006 at 04:54 PM

For all you french speaking people who would like a copy of gradient it has been translated by Flo.  If anyone else would like to translate a version of gradient it will be greatly appreciated.

Btw thank you all for downloading our script, it makes me feel as if I have done something great (even though Message Gradiator gets more downloads per day than us :sad:).  Be on the look out for the next version of gradient soon, there is going to be a whole lot of new features that I hope you will enjoy (far more than the makers of Message Gradiator ever included :P).

Anyway, the french version of the script can be found below.

RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by rockmanneo on 08-29-2006 at 05:34 PM

Thanks guys for adding gradient background. Dunno if this brought up already, however can you fix a minor annoyance where gradient background doesn't end where the text does. It ends one character after the last text. It doesn't look good with emoticons

RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by stuartbennett on 08-29-2006 at 06:37 PM

quote:
Thanks guys for adding gradient background. Dunno if this brought up already, however can you fix a minor annoyance where gradient background doesn't end where the text does. It ends one character after the last text. It doesn't look good with emoticons

yes i too have noticed this it puts a blank space in after the text every time you use a background which if someone was being perdantic about grammar would make it look like the person using the gradient background is always stopping and sending out there messages mid sentance, which of course could confuse the recipiants. but hey other than that minor annoyance you got a great script going here keep up the good work guys.

RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by NanaFreak on 08-29-2006 at 08:50 PM

we have this once space at the end so that the bat emoticon doesnt come up if u end with : sorry about this but its the only way

RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by cloudhunter on 08-29-2006 at 09:07 PM

How about only having the space if there is a : just before it?

Cloudy

RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by NanaFreak on 08-29-2006 at 09:09 PM

it would be possable but we are WAY to busy with other stuff for gradient sorry cant tell and dont hold your breathe for the next version it will be a little further away

RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by markee on 08-29-2006 at 09:31 PM

quote:
How about only having the space if there is a : just before it?

Cloudy
Sorry I didn't think of that when I put it in.  I will put this in the next version along with the big changes I'm making.  The next version is going to take me a while to do,  I've spent about a whole days work on it so far and I'd be lucky if I was even a quarter of the way through what I am planning on doing.  I'm not revealing anything but I think you will like the improvements ([rant]hopefully we will start getting more downloads than message gradiator[/rant]).

Keep the advice coming, I always like hearing what you have to say :)

EDIT: Btw, it is going to take even longer to finish the rest of the next version because I have 2 midsemester and a couple of assignments in the next couple of weeks, though coding this is always a nice way to de-stress after study
RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by stuartbennett on 08-30-2006 at 05:42 AM

ok cool we all appreciate your hard work guys and look forward to the next version.

RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by markee on 09-06-2006 at 01:37 PM

Italian version of Gradient, translated by Orgrim Doomhammer.  Attached is a copy of the file.  The next version of gradient will have all the languages together (and furthermore will be easy to update with more languages in the future).  A big thank you for those people who have already said they will help translate the next version.  I will let you know when I'm getting close to completion to make sure that all tags are finalised before getting them translated.  Please do not expect this next version too early as I have a test this weekend and the assignments just never seem to end (probably something to do with having weekly ones for one of my maths subjects :P).  Beleive me when I say the next version of gradient will be worth the wait.  Any further suggestion will be looked at for the next release as well if you come up with them soon enough.  A big thank-you to all those who keep using this script as well, it means a lot to me to know that people like what I'm doing. :happy:

RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by stuartbennett on 09-06-2006 at 07:22 PM

markee

i noticed recently that a given nickname set on desktop contacts is set seperately from the one stored on the contact list by right click add nickname, now the nickname gradiater feature i suggested a while back which was originally for setting nicknames for your nickname (the logged in user) perhaps could be extended to enable you to gradiate your contacts nickname both on the contact list by say right click then add gradient nickname or from desktop by right click add gradient nickname. just a thought for taking this script a little further.

what do you think?

RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by CookieRevised on 09-06-2006 at 08:56 PM

quote:
i noticed recently that a given nickname set on desktop contacts is set seperately from the one stored on the contact list by right click add nickname
The contacts on desktop is a feature of Messenger Plus!, also setting a desktop nickname for a desktop contact.

Setting a nickname for your contacts in the contactlist is a feature of Windows Live Messenger.

Both have got nothing todo with eachother.

quote:
(...) to enable you to gradiate your contacts nickname both on the contact list (...)
Plus! and its scripting has no access to the nickname feature of Windows Live Messenger (at least it is not know how; it might be possible, but nobody was successfull yet)

quote:
(...) by say right click then add gradient nickname (...)
Plus! scripting does not provide a way to add something to the right click context menu in the contactlist.

quote:
(...) or from desktop by right click add gradient nickname.
Again Plus! scripting does not provide a way to add something to the right click context menu of a desktop contact.
RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by stuartbennett on 09-07-2006 at 05:48 AM

ok i understand what your saying, perhaps another way round all the problems you highlighted is when you click add/edit nickname in contact list or set nickname on a desktop contact and your actually there with the name in an editable state, perhaps you could at that point do some shortcut like ctrl+g that would initiate the gradiater interface for entering the nickname, after all i believe thats how the colour used to work in the old days right you did ctrl+n or p or whatever it was and colour panel appeared so this new idea for an inteerface might be easier to impliment.

regarding my 2 suggestions of adding items to right click menus i didnt know if it was possible or not i merely suggested a possible interface but any interface for accessing the gradiater will do.

RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by markee on 09-07-2006 at 05:56 AM

quote:
ok i understand what your saying, perhaps another way round all the problems you highlighted is when you click add/edit nickname in contact list or set nickname on a desktop contact and your actually there with the name in an editable state, perhaps you could at that point do some shortcut like ctrl+g that would initiate the gradiater interface for entering the nickname, after all i believe thats how the colour used to work in the old days right you did ctrl+n or p or whatever it was and colour panel appeared so this new idea for an inteerface might be easier to impliment.

regarding my 2 suggestions of adding items to right click menus i didnt know if it was possible or not i merely suggested a possible interface but any interface for accessing the gradiater will do.
If I could access this information while it was in it's editable state then Cookie would have recomoended for me to go about it that way but it's just not possible for me to access those windows in anyway (that I know of).  Though after reading what you suggested I think I have come up with what might be a useful initiative.  I could use the likes of a hot-key (customisable by the user of course) to open a kind of 'lite version' of the config window what you are in a chat.  Just a basic window that would come up that was nice and small to edit a few of the preferences quite quickly.  Do you like this idea and what do you think the main features should be included in this window (please remember I'll be limited on space)?
RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by stuartbennett on 09-07-2006 at 11:44 AM

ok markee like this lite window idea, my idea would be.

the boxes for gradients colours should be there but no list of contacts cluttering up space, you have 2 radio buttons to select either irc or bbcode mode and have 2 tabs desktop nickname and chat gradient. this lite version would only work for that specific contact (as lite wouldnt have a contact list) if people wanted to customise multiple contacts then they would have to go into the main config system same for setting your own nickname gradient.

what do you think.

RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by stuartbennett on 09-08-2006 at 05:48 AM

just thought of a few ideas for new features.

conditional formatting:
users can setup a list of special words and set how each word or grouping of words should be formatted if used in the set format ion a block of text. for example if someone typed "coca cola" that user could have it formated with red background and white text so it looked like the logo. this would of course mean that lots of words getting formatted like this would give user less space to type a message but the user knows the restrictions so they can plan accordingly.

PSM Gradiater:
im not sure if your psm can be formatted with coolour or not, but if it can maybe you could add a tool to enable the user to build a gradient for their psm messenge.

ok let me know what you think.

RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by markee on 09-08-2006 at 06:12 AM

Those sound like great ideas.  I can't believe I overlooked the PSM Gradiater when everyone else has been talking about the gradient of the nickname.  The conditional formating sounds good too, this would be like a quicktext but only for specific people (btw, I will most likely inlude this in the next build just so no-body else makes a script to do this in the meantime).

There may be a set-back for te next release as well because Jay_Jay fell over at school today and hurt his arm which he broke earlier this year, he's waiting on getting x-rays at the moment.  We will see what we can do, lets hope we can get something to you by the end of the month (even if Jay_Jay has to do it one handed).

EDIT: turns out he did break his arm :sad:

RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by stuartbennett on 09-08-2006 at 12:11 PM

sorry to hear about jay jay's arm, we know you will both do your best to get this ready for as soon as you can, however its more important that jay jay lets his arm heal correctly, im sure i speak for everyone when i say we would rather have jay jays arms fixed and healing correctly then you guys risking his health to finish a script.

RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by NanaFreak on 09-08-2006 at 12:20 PM

quote:
sorry to hear about jay jay's arm, we know you will both do your best to get this ready for as soon as you can, however its more important that jay jay lets his arm heal correctly, im sure i speak for everyone when i say we would rather have jay jays arms fixed and healing correctly then you guys risking his health to finish a script.
hahaha yea thanks i went like 4 hoyrs without pain killers :P and i will try my hardest for u guy :D but cant really promise anything lol typing with my non dominant hand is SSSSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW :P but i like ur ideas stuart thanks (i might mension u in about for all those ideas) i might post my arm sometime too lol i got 6 weeks.
RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by stuartbennett on 09-08-2006 at 12:35 PM

thanks jay jay, if you do decide to do that i would consider it an honor. anyways get well soon friend.

RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by Jimbo on 09-20-2006 at 08:23 PM

i can't wait to the next version of gradient comes out
i hope it includes the option to gradiate your WLM name

RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by markee on 09-20-2006 at 11:31 PM

Sorry to say there have been some delays with it.  I have gone about 3 weeks without coding it and now have to remember what I was doing :P.  The reasons behind me not working on it are pretty simple really, it's the end of term so there are tests and assignments galore, Jay_Jay broke his arm (:sad:) and I need some time just to relax in between it all.  At least I have a week off but at least half of that is going to be taken up with drinking and recovering :P.  I'll let you all know when it is getting closer.

Oh and Jay_Jay has been working on his script instead of helping me with this (and he has been asking for help).  There is also another script that I am planning on doing to when I get the time, but if you really want this I guess I can work on the other later.

RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by stuartbennett on 09-21-2006 at 05:36 AM

i am happy at present with gradient 3.00, yes the prposed new features for 3.1 sound great and id like to get my hands on them but i appreciate we have to wait and if this other script you want to work on markee is going to be useful then i say work on that first after all gradient is a well established script now and is powerful enough and fully featured enough to satisfy most people for the time being. ultimately how you and jay jay manager your time is up to you, and we all look forward to the next version of gradients and whatever other scripts you care to develope for us.

RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by NanaFreak on 09-21-2006 at 06:08 AM

quote:
i am happy at present with gradient 3.00, yes the prposed new features for 3.1 sound great and id like to get my hands on them but i appreciate we have to wait and if this other script you want to work on markee is going to be useful then i say work on that first after all gradient is a well established script now and is powerful enough and fully featured enough to satisfy most people for the time being. ultimately how you and jay jay manager your time is up to you, and we all look forward to the next version of gradients and whatever other scripts you care to develope for us.
yea well we are going on holidays and the script we are going to make (or just markee but me doing the uis [Image: msn_tongue.gif]) is going to be mad and atm i am currently wotking on i think 5 script so i am kind of busy because i want time to relax too but when the new greadient comes out i think everyone will love it and wont stop thanking us :P
RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by stuartbennett on 09-21-2006 at 11:47 AM

quote:
quote:
yea well we are going on holidays and the script we are going to make (or just markee but me doing the uis [Image: msn_tongue.gif]) is going to be mad and atm i am currently wotking on i think 5 script so i am kind of busy because i want time to relax too but when the new greadient comes out i think everyone will love it and wont stop thanking us :P

jay jay i am sure your right about everyone thanking you for it, it sounds like the already great script will be getting even better once new version is released, im also interested to see what these other 5 scripts will be that you guys are working on.
RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by NanaFreak on 09-21-2006 at 11:51 AM

quote:
these other 5 scripts will be that you guys are working on.
ok well one is top secret, another is this, another is wlm preview, and is im making ui s for like 2 other scripts lol today i finished one little script for personal use and thats all the scripting [Image: msn_tongue.gif] oh well we will try and have it out asap for you guys [Image: xso_cheesy.gif]
RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by stuartbennett on 09-21-2006 at 05:59 PM

ok i have a few more ideas for features in gradient script.

could we maybe add to the nickname gradiater an option where you can set gradients for the says tag which affects the online status and nudges notifications? (only possible with IRC gradient codes, but the nickname before this irc code block can be bbcode)

another option i was thinking of is also to do with the nickname gradiater, an option that once you have designed your nickname in the gradiater that if nickchange script was also installed you would from within nickname gradiater simply click the "add to nickname list" button (if nickchange not installed would be greyed out) and it would add the nickname to the text file that holds the nicknames used in nickchange.

i know that the nickchange link will be a bit hard to do and would require some collabaration with the creaters of that script but i would hope these suggestions are doable, please let me know what you think.

RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by markee on 11-13-2006 at 03:46 AM

quote:
ok i have a few more ideas for features in gradient script.

could we maybe add to the nickname gradiater an option where you can set gradients for the says tag which affects the online status and nudges notifications? (only possible with IRC gradient codes, but the nickname before this irc code block can be bbcode)

another option i was thinking of is also to do with the nickname gradiater, an option that once you have designed your nickname in the gradiater that if nickchange script was also installed you would from within nickname gradiater simply click the "add to nickname list" button (if nickchange not installed would be greyed out) and it would add the nickname to the text file that holds the nicknames used in nickchange.

i know that the nickchange link will be a bit hard to do and would require some collabaration with the creaters of that script but i would hope these suggestions are doable, please let me know what you think.

Sorry I was just taking a look at this thread (thinking about getting back to scripting soon) and I realised I hadn't replied to you or even really took much notice of this post of yours :$ sorry.

Anyway,  as I said I'm looking at getting back into coding Gradient and your suggestions sound good and quite doable (might even be able to do more than what you thought of).  I'm going to be making a lot of achanges to how things are done and the features that the script has when I get around to it and I'm even going to learn regular expressions so I can do it all better (maybe even make my code a little less bloated if I feel like it).  At the moment what I have (a not use-able version atm) is by far the longest script for Plus! and it is only getting bigger (probably less than halfway through the updating of the code) so I've still got plenty to do.

This is only going to be a bit of a side project as I also plan to be getting a job over the holidays and be doing this when I have a chance.  The only problem I find with coding is that I can't give it up when I start... well at least until the script I'm working on is finished anyway.  And with having about 3 or 4 days of coding ahead of me I don't really want to do that when I have something coming up.

There will be a lot of changes as I said and I would like some input from the users of gradient for some advise with how they would like the script to look and how you think Gradient could become more user friendly (one example might be to get rid of the commands or at least truncate the names a bit).  Any advice is very welcome.  I will let you know of more features a little bit closer to the release (well at least when I have started coding again).  I think you will be very pleased with the changes I will be making, but you will just have to wait for it I'm sorry.

Thank you all for your patience for the next release and I hope to get Gradient in a very good working order before releasing it to all of you.

markee

RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by stuartbennett on 11-13-2006 at 06:06 AM

sounds good markee can't wait to see what you have got in store.

RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by adamishness on 12-06-2006 at 06:45 PM

ive installed your script but it says script installed but failed to start. how do i get it to work?

RE: RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by Orgrim Doomhammer on 12-06-2006 at 06:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by adamishness
ive installed your script but it says script installed but failed to start. how do i get it to work?

Have you tried loggin'out and re-log-in? when I had that problem this worked...
RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by adamishness on 12-06-2006 at 06:50 PM

yes i have

RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by NanaFreak on 12-06-2006 at 08:18 PM

what version of MP!L and WLM are yo using??

also are you using version 3 of gradient??

RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by markee on 12-06-2006 at 09:32 PM

Have you tried removing the script and reinstalling (possibly even downloading again).  There might have been a slight problem with either the download or the install and something didn't go right.  If this doesn't work can you add me to WLM and I will try and help you out some more there.  The reason for my thinking that it is something wrong with the download/install is that you are the first person to tell me there was something wrong.  I hope we can fix this up quickly.

EDIT: My email is mark [dot] kernke [at] gmail [dot] com if you run into troubles

RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by jonny_lfc4eva on 12-07-2006 at 08:40 PM

Error: the destination directory for the script couldnt be created

what do i do?

RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by Jimbo on 12-07-2006 at 08:48 PM

Create a script directory called Gradient
C>>prgram files>>messenegr plus live>>scripts then create the folder in there

RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by NanaFreak on 12-07-2006 at 08:49 PM

ok do you have other scripts for MP!L??

if yes i dont know what it is :/

if no the please check that you have the scripts folder where you installed MP!L (C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\)

RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00 by markee on 12-18-2006 at 04:58 AM

I'm finally finished with my coding or Message Customizer! Live :D (it is the new name for Gradient).  The main new feature is the groups and language support, there was going to be more but because of a lack of time management we had to cut them out (look for them later on however).

There is also an automatic updater now.  For those of you who use gradient before hand, when installing please keep Gradient and then remove it after the installation so as it can convert all your previous settings and then once Gradient is removed there shouldn't be any conflicts.

We are also working on a website for Message Customizer! Live as it appears to be very like by you all (>450 downloads of version 3 in the english version alone).  I hope you go visit the website from time to time.

Lastly, there is only a choice of English as a language at the moment (NanaFreak was a little slow making the windows).  If you find any bugs also report them back and and more features that you would like, I would be happy to try and do for you.

RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by Wally on 12-18-2006 at 05:01 AM

ITS FINALY FINISHED THANKS MARKEE THATS NANA TRUE LEGENDS!!!!!:)

RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by MX-G on 12-18-2006 at 05:54 AM

Spanish translation :D

RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by NanaFreak on 12-18-2006 at 05:56 AM

please dont post translations without asking before.

thanks but we already have translators

sorry about having 3 version so quick but we forgot to test the saving :P

all fixed now though
RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by stuartbennett on 12-18-2006 at 06:48 AM

ok we have a problem, i have run the new version selected the bbcode group added people to the group and the save, apply and cancel buttons do not function so my settings cannot be locked in, therefore this new version is totally useless.

RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by Wally on 12-18-2006 at 06:51 AM

yeh i found the same problem there still working on it theres still a few bugs be patient :p

RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by NanaFreak on 12-18-2006 at 06:52 AM

quote:
ok we have a problem, i have run the new version selected the bbcode group added people to the group and the save, apply and cancel buttons do not function so my settings cannot be locked in, therefore this new version is totally useless.
are you using version 1.00.03?? becuase we stuffed up with the first

quote:
Originally posted by wally lebo rambo
yeh i found the same problem there still working on it theres still a few bugs be patient :p
we have fixed all the known ones
RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by Jimbo on 12-18-2006 at 06:52 AM

Excellent NanaFreak and Markee, good work as usual!

RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by stuartbennett on 12-18-2006 at 06:57 AM

v1.00.01 the only version thats been released so far.

RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by Wally on 12-18-2006 at 07:00 AM

remove the one your currenly using and download it again Nanafreak and Markee have fixed that bug

RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by NanaFreak on 12-18-2006 at 07:05 AM

quote:
v1.00.01 the only version thats been released so far.
please look at the first post it has been updated
quote:
remove the one your currenly using and download it again Nanafreak and Markee have fixed that bug
thanks
RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by Wally on 12-18-2006 at 07:37 AM

hey Nana its been put back to v1.00.01 i just downloaded it again to make sure :P try downloading it and check

RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by Jimbo on 12-18-2006 at 07:41 AM

quote:
hey Nana its been put back to v1.00.01 i just downloaded it again to make sure :P try downloading it and check
Just downloaded it, its version 1.00.03, try clearing your cache and re-downloading
RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by NanaFreak on 12-18-2006 at 07:41 AM

quote:
it hasnt been put back to 1.00.01 :S i just downloaded and it was fine.... was this an update by the script??
RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by Wally on 12-18-2006 at 07:54 AM

All clear it was the cache :)

RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by markee on 12-18-2006 at 12:12 PM

I'm glad you all like it and that it is working well now.  I didn't have time to test the save feature I'm sorry and I fixed it up in between getting ready for some guests coming over, I'm sorry for the trouble I put you through (there still might be a problem with the remove group but I'll fix that too before submitting to the comp).  I'm sorry for the troubles I put you guys through, those of which that downloaded it in the beginning.

I think the main benefit that might even get me using this script is the fact that I can differentiate who I'm talking to just by looking at the colour/format of the text being used.  I hope you all fin the groups feature very useful, it took a bit to do and to get right (I can see why Patchou hasn't made his own groups features to coexist with the WLM ones).

RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by hosey on 12-18-2006 at 12:42 PM

very nice markee and nanafreak!!! i love this script!!! i hope it wins the contest!! :D

RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by NanaFreak on 12-18-2006 at 12:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hosey
very nice markee and nanafreak!!! i love this script!!! i hope it wins the contest!! :D
i think it will because of it being fully customizable!! [/rant]

also once we fix a few more bugs that we didnt test we will submit to the DB and hope for the best :D
RE: RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by markee on 12-18-2006 at 12:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
quote:
Originally posted by hosey
i think it will because of it being fully customizable!! [/rant]

also once we fix a few more bugs that we didnt test we will submit to the DB and hope for the best :D

I personally think we will leave it until the last minute for submission just to make sure there are as few bugs as possible.  Expect an auto-update very soon after this post for build 4 which is fixing all known bugs.  If you have any problems, feel free to add me to WLM or contact me in any way you want and I will try to fix it as soon as possible.
RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by stuartbennett on 12-18-2006 at 01:21 PM

i have just downloaded the version from first post, i will put it on my flash drive and as soon as i get home tonight ill run the new version and see if i can see anymore problems. thanks guys for your help, and btw this is an awesome script i too want this script to win and get added to the plus live installer.

RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by NanaFreak on 12-18-2006 at 01:23 PM

quote:
i have just downloaded the version from first post, i will put it on my flash drive and as soon as i get home tonight ill run the new version and see if i can see anymore problems. thanks guys for your help, and btw this is an awesome script i too want this script to win and get added to the plus live installer.
thanks stuart you have been a big help during the creation of Gradient/MC!L just from your ideas that you have suggested and i might even do something special for you :tongue:

anyways time to get onto 2 other scripts :D
RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by stuartbennett on 12-18-2006 at 01:50 PM

thanks nanafreak its always nice to hear that my ideas are appreciated. something special hey well i am sure whatever you mean by that would be awesome so if you do do that something special then i will of course be very honoured. anyways good luck and keep up the good work.

RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by Wally on 12-18-2006 at 08:35 PM

nice work Nana and Markee  i really do hope use both win im just about to download the latest update hopefully it should be good :p if theres any bugs ill let use know right away GOOD LUCK!!!

RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by vaccination on 12-18-2006 at 08:41 PM

Glad to see it's release. Well done guys. I'm realy likeing the windows !!

RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by MicroWay on 12-19-2006 at 03:14 AM

I'm loved the script... BUT I found a bug...
In the contacts selected to make the text gradient, when you select a emoticom and press enter, the emoticom doesn't appear... it's like...

code:
MicroWay said:

It only appears when you write the emoticom...
Don't know if only hapens with me...

EDIT:
quote:
Markee, Nanafreak the bug still remains i canot put any emotions at all  can this be fixed?? if not its orite the script is still good and working
The problem is not only for me...

BUT the rest of the script works fine (Y)
RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by Wally on 12-19-2006 at 03:14 AM

Markee, Nanafreak the bug still remains i canot put any emotions at all :( can this be fixed?? if not its orite the script is still good and working:)

RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by markee on 12-19-2006 at 03:30 AM

I really cannot see what is doing this.  Add me to WLM and I'll try to sort it out, but honestly I cannot see how the script can be effecting it (unless the emoticon starts with / and you put it in the first position in your message).

My email: mark[dot]kernke[at]gmail[dot]com

RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by MicroWay on 12-19-2006 at 03:52 AM

For me, the default emoticoms don't appear too if I make the described process..

Anyway.. added on WLM...

RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by Wally on 12-19-2006 at 04:51 AM

try writing the emotions instead of clicking  on the emotion box in the chat bar thanks Markee :p i had the same problem but fixed now

RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by markee on 12-19-2006 at 05:15 AM

Ok I've worked out the problem.  It is a bug with MP!L getting the emoticons.  To overcome this problem until Patchou updates Plus! with this bug fixed the following is the only possibilities of working around it.

The problem is using emoticons by selecting on them from the default WLM  emoticon panel.  You can either replace this with the Plus! emoticon panel (Preferences > Conversations > Quick Icons > Replace Messenger's emoticon panel with the Quick Ions panel) or by using the quick icon panel using the ( an waiting for it to pop up (assuming you have this feature enabled) or finally by typing the shortcut.

I hope this helps those of you having problems.

RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by Orgrim Doomhammer on 01-03-2007 at 05:17 PM

Hey, I have a request... well, Message Customizer seems to have problems with StuffPlug commands, so it would be good to have back the old /gradoff command....

RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by markee on 01-04-2007 at 04:06 AM

This is due to it only using plus commands.  Once Stuff plug is official I will write an update with an exception to those commands, but until that time I don't really want to do that because StuffPlug's commands can change or more be added and I don't want to have be adding more and more to the code and having to give out another update for every new command in StuffPlug.  I'm sorry but you will find that a lot of people don't like to do this with BETA software either for similar reasons.  Also the /gradoff command is not easy to implement anymore due to the way that I have made the groups, sorry.  I got rid of a lot of commands for the same reason.  I think you should be able to prefix your message with /text and it should work with the StuffPlug commands however, if you could report back on that it would be nice.

RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by Orgrim Doomhammer on 01-04-2007 at 08:59 AM

Ok, I'll try it out. thank you 4 the help

RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by Nerwin on 01-08-2007 at 07:34 AM

i just want to ask, if i use this script and gradient my msgs to a contact that doesn't use msgplus or wlm, how would the msg turn out? will it be just what i typed, eg "Hello", or with codes, eg "#12H34e45l56l78o"

thanks in advance

RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by NanaFreak on 01-08-2007 at 07:38 AM

it will have the codes. if you typed "hello" with red to green text it will be like "[c=#ff0000]hello[/c=#00ff00]" for bbcode and a lot messier for the IRC style text.

so i think you should ask your contact before making the contact into a group with the script ;)

note: this script does not do it for all contacts

i hope this helps you...

RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by Nerwin on 01-08-2007 at 09:32 AM

thanks alot, exactly what i wanted to know.
but is it possible to have contacts not using wlm at this stage anyway?
coz microsoft forces you to update or other wise unable to sign in.

RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by NanaFreak on 01-08-2007 at 09:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nerwin
thanks alot, exactly what i wanted to know.
but is it possible to have contacts not using wlm at this stage anyway?
coz microsoft forces you to update or other wise unable to sign in.
it isnt WLM that supports the colour codes.... it is Messenger Plus!

and you can still use MSN 7.5 im quite sure :S
RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by Nerwin on 01-08-2007 at 10:01 AM

what about the format codes wlm provides you with for the nicknames? will 7.5 users see it in color? or codes...?

RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by markee on 01-08-2007 at 10:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nerwin
what about the format codes wlm provides you with for the nicknames? will 7.5 users see it in color? or codes...?
There are no format codes that are allowed through WLM or MSN messenger, apart from the formatting set for all of your messages that you send.  Another other formatting (including when you press the "Formatting Codes" button when editing you nick name are _ALL_ Messenger Plus! format codes and cannot be seen without Plus!.  You can still use the format codes from MP! 3.xx and these will be seen by contacts who have Messenger Plus! 3.xx or Messenger Plus! Live and the BBCode style is only visible by Messenger Plus! Live contacts.  I hope this has cleared up your problem.
RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by Nerwin on 01-08-2007 at 10:18 AM

certainly has, thx for the helps.

RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by Sebby on 02-01-2007 at 09:46 PM

Hi, nice work on the script there!
It works fine for me but I gave this script to a friend of mine and she has problems with it
it says “undefined” 3 times instead of Options - Help - About
Is it because her computer software are in french?
Thx again

RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by markee on 02-02-2007 at 12:22 AM

This is the first time I have come across this problem.  This will probably have something to do with the languages things I have put it.  I have updated this slightly for the next release though I don't think it will help this problem very much.  Would it be possible if you could send a copy of the debugger to my email address ( mark [dot] kernke [at] gmail [dot] com ).  To bring up the debugger you will need to firstly go into the plus preferences > General > Scripts > check the box "Enable debugging options (for script developers only".  This will bring up a new window and it is the log in there for Message Customizer! Live that I would like (you might need to restart the script or messenger to get me all the information I would like (and then make sure you sign in and try the menus).  That information should be enough for me to understand what happened.

One thought of mine for the reasoning behind this is because your friend might not have selected a language option on the first start-up and there will be a problem whenever it tries to get information about the selected language.  To fix this you must first uninstall the script and then re-install it and select a language when prompted and press ok to it.  Without this their will be problems in the current build, I will fix this up for th next release however (hopefully).

Thank you for reporting the problem [Image: xso_cheesy.gif].

RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by Orgrim Doomhammer on 02-02-2007 at 01:36 PM

Also, I think there's another problem with languages, as everytime I logout it loses the previous selections & returns back to english

RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by markee on 02-02-2007 at 01:46 PM

I haven't had much of a chance to have a close look at the languages features, I have been waiting on NanaFreak to just get all the text areas correct first before I did anything and we have also been waiting on some translators getting back to us with the .ini files.  I plan to have a new build out soon with some minor changes and multiple languages but before that I will definitely look further into this and try to sort the problem out.

RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by Orgrim Doomhammer on 02-02-2007 at 01:49 PM

oh, well, that's not a big problem... I still can live with english... take your time

RE: RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by Wally on 02-02-2007 at 01:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sebby
Hi, nice work on the script there!
It works fine for me but I gave this script to a friend of mine and she has problems with it
it says “undefined” 3 times instead of Options - Help - About
Is it because her computer software are in french?
Thx again

Markee i also came across this same problem i did report it to NanaFreak a while ago he didnt really know what happened this actually happened to Both WLM preview Box and MCL!.i dont know why but it happened as soon as i updated 8.0 to the 8.1 beta to fix it i just reinstalled 8.0 along with plus and all my scripts from fresh and it worked i think just reinstalling plus and all the scripts would fix it i am currently using 8.1 now and MC!L is working so im a bit confused why this happened.i hope this helps you figure the problem out
RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by vicky_brough on 03-18-2007 at 09:59 AM

fanx. a lyk this on beta. the ova still wrked on myn even if it wuz discontinued. fanx tho this is awsome gt any more reli gd scripts? :P:L(Y)

luff ya all xx vicky xx

RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by NanaFreak on 03-18-2007 at 10:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by vicky_brough
fanx. a lyk this on beta. the ova still wrked on myn even if it wuz discontinued. fanx tho this is awsome gt any more reli gd scripts? :P:L(Y)

luff ya all xx vicky xx
hey i had to get somebody to translate your text for me and im glad you like it... also i have made my own script called WLM Preview Box (link)
RE: [Release] Message Custmizer! Live (Gradient) by Zahid™ on 03-18-2007 at 11:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by vicky_brough
gt any more reli gd scripts?
Look through these:
http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/coolpicks/
RE: [Release] Message Customizer! Live (Gradient) by x2much4yaxx on 06-10-2007 at 11:07 PM

is there anyway of picking your own font when using this.

RE: [Release] Message Customizer! Live (Gradient) by NanaFreak on 06-10-2007 at 11:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by x2much4yaxx
is there anyway of picking your own font when using this.
no sorry

this is because you cant just "change" the font...
RE: [Release] Message Customizer! Live (Gradient) by stuartbennett on 06-11-2007 at 05:02 AM

when will you be making a version 8.5 compatable copy of this script?

RE: [Release] Message Customizer! Live (Gradient) by markee on 06-11-2007 at 05:12 AM

It should be compatible right now, I can't see a reason for it not to work....  We'll test it out later but there shouldnt be any reason why it won't work with any version of messenger as long as you have messenger plus live.

(oh and i have to add the I'm and bunny emoticons)

RE: [Release] Message Customizer! Live (Gradient) by stuartbennett on 06-11-2007 at 05:47 AM

well it kinda works but you cannot turn it off on a per contact basis like you used to be able to do, any attempt to do so will result in the script freezing, so either everyone on your contact list has to received gradiented text and suffer if they dont have plus or you have to turn the whole script off theres no inbetween on wlm 8.5

RE: [Release] Message Customizer! Live (Gradient) by markee on 06-11-2007 at 05:49 AM

quote:
well it kinda works but you cannot turn it off on a per contact basis like you used to be able to do, any attempt to do so will result in the script freezing, so either everyone on your contact list has to received gradiented text and suffer if they dont have plus or you have to turn the whole script off theres no inbetween on wlm 8.5
That is really weird, I'll look into it some more, it might be a bug with plus' scripting engine
RE: [Release] Message Customizer! Live (Gradient) by stuartbennett on 06-11-2007 at 11:08 AM

ok thanks markee

RE: [Release] Message Customizer! Live (Gradient) by kmcbest on 06-28-2007 at 09:58 AM

I can't get the color picker popped out when I clicked on any of them....

RE: [Release] Message Customizer! Live (Gradient) by markee on 06-28-2007 at 10:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by kmcbest
I can't get the color picker popped out when I clicked on any of them....
Have you made a group by pressing the "Add Group" button first?  Without having a group then nothing can be changed (no contacts can be added either).  Hopefully we can shortly release a new version of the script to make some alerts for this and fix some other problems that we have noticed.
RE: [Release] Message Customizer! Live (Gradient) by stuartbennett on 06-28-2007 at 12:13 PM

a new version would be great, i cant wait.

RE: [Release] Message Customizer! Live (Gradient) by Orgrim Doomhammer on 06-28-2007 at 01:21 PM

* Orgrim Doomhammer warms up his fingers to translate the new version...

RE: [Release] Message Customizer! Live (Gradient) by markee on 06-29-2007 at 01:06 PM

Thanks guys for all of your interest but I don't know how long it will take for this minor update.  We really need to work on web2live and get that working, and my laptop is in getting fixed (again) so we're having to share the one computer.  We'll see what happens, no promises on dates but we do realise that we need to make some adjustments.

RE: [Release] Message Customizer! Live (Gradient) by Faisal on 07-18-2007 at 03:40 PM

hi am also waiting for the update to use this script with 8.5 beta

and by the way i know there's lots of arabs whom interested in this script so if you need any help with translating it to Arabic i'll be honored

u can email me at
faisal.a.k@hotmail.com

RE: [Release] Message Customizer! Live (Gradient) by NanaFreak on 07-18-2007 at 09:17 PM

the current version works fine with 8.5beta... i dont know what the other guy was on about...

RE: [Release] Message Customizer! Live (Gradient) by riahc4 on 12-10-2007 at 01:00 AM

It glitches in 4.50/9.0; The window appears but disappears. A restart of messenger sometimes works but doesnt all the time.

RE: [Release] Message Customizer! Live (Gradient) by NanaFreak on 12-10-2007 at 01:03 AM

9.0 is beta. the script will not be updated to work with it until 9.0 has been released :)

RE: [Release] Message Customizer! Live (Gradient) by bigb88 on 02-02-2008 at 09:15 AM

u should add a button to add all contact to the list so ppl dont have to waste time doin one by one or something to so ya

RE: [Release] Message Customizer! Live (Gradient) by nabos on 09-14-2009 at 04:11 PM

I re formatted my PC, and now this does not work...

I click the options button and nothing happens

I tried reinstalling, but it didn't work

debug when I click the Options menu:

Função: OnGetScriptMenu
Função: OnEvent_MenuClicked

If it helps:
Messenger Plus Live! v 4.82.386
WLM 14.0.8089.726

RE: [Release] Message Customizer! Live (Gradient) by NanaFreak on 09-15-2009 at 05:22 AM

I am currently using:

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (6.1.7100)
Windows Live Messenger 14.0.0726
Messenger Plus! Live 4.82.0.368

And it works 100% (though there is small errors with the graphics of the window)...

What version of Windows are you using..?

RE: RE: [Release] Message Customizer! Live (Gradient) by nabos on 09-15-2009 at 10:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
I am currently using:

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (6.1.7100)
Windows Live Messenger 14.0.0726
Messenger Plus! Live 4.82.0.368

And it works 100% (though there is small errors with the graphics of the window)...

What version of Windows are you using..?

I use Windows Vista Ultimate x86...

I have the same setup as always, same WLM version, same MP!L version as before... I don't know why it isn't working, because so far this script always worked...

Can you help me? Is there any other useful info I can give you?

EDIT: tried to reinstall again, it's working, lol

Still, thank you for the help, NanaFreak