Shoutbox

[split] Idea: classify scripts by date and not alphabetically in the table - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: [split] Idea: classify scripts by date and not alphabetically in the table (/showthread.php?tid=63378)

RE: An idea... by Frackounet on 07-15-2006 at 11:45 PM

My idea is to classify scripts by date and not alphabetically in the table. It is annoying to Browse all pages to see the new ones, especially when there will be many scripts in future.

RE: [split] Idea: classify scripts by date and not alphabetically in the table by Yil2201 on 07-21-2006 at 12:38 PM

No, I think this is better with alphabetic order. So if your firend talked to you about "Script2", you can directly click ( in the future ) on Page 5 and you can see you're in "M" so go 2 page after or so ...
No ?
See you ;)

RE: [split] Idea: classify scripts by date and not alphabetically in the table by Discrate on 07-21-2006 at 01:35 PM

What about going to the script data base? thats easier to see all the scripts. And why dont you want to see the old scripts? there just as good.

RE: [split] Idea: classify scripts by date and not alphabetically in the table by alexp2_ad on 07-21-2006 at 01:40 PM

You can see the 10 latest scripts on the statistics page.

RE: [split] Idea: classify scripts by date and not alphabetically in the table by Menthix on 07-25-2006 at 09:46 AM

Making View All Files sortable on date and downloads is on my todo list :).

RE: [split] Idea: classify scripts by date and not alphabetically in the table by Menthix on 07-25-2006 at 08:46 PM

Done!

http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/browse/index.php?act=viewall

Click on the table headers ("File", "Downloads" and "Date Added") to sort the list.

RE: [split] Idea: classify scripts by date and not alphabetically in the table by andrey on 07-25-2006 at 09:13 PM

very nice, well done :D

..but, what about removing the white borders when hovering the mouse over the text? (soz for being picky :tongue:)
[Image: attachment.php?pid=702446]

Edit:
+ sort descending and ascending by name / dls / date, not only descending as it is right now
(for example, one click -> sort descending, -> second click -> sort ascending)

RE: [split] Idea: classify scripts by date and not alphabetically in the table by Menthix on 07-25-2006 at 09:43 PM

The yellow/white background is there to be consistent with the rest of the site. If you hover over all the other blue links you will see the same background color. Keeping the background makes it clearer it's a link in my opinion.

But does anyone else think it doesn't look right? If so, maybe I’ll do something about it.

RE: [split] Idea: classify scripts by date and not alphabetically in the table by cooldude_i06 on 07-26-2006 at 12:09 AM

MenthiX I also think that the background of the link should stay the same. IMO, the white background looks weird.

RE: [split] Idea: classify scripts by date and not alphabetically in the table by Chris4 on 07-26-2006 at 12:15 AM

Yeah looks dodgy, make the background transparent. :)