Shoutbox

i can't unlock live messenger! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: i can't unlock live messenger! (/showthread.php?tid=63600)

i can't unlock live messenger! by blondee93 on 07-19-2006 at 11:02 AM

i have locked windows live messenger plus by pressing and holding "Ctrl+space". Basically it means its hidden in the system so no one else can see if your on it. I can't unlock it! When i lock it the icon disappears from the toolbar and i can't reopen live messenger unless i log off and back on. What do i have to do to unlock it?

Also i read someone elses post about the same thing and it said double click on the item in the system tray, while holding ctrl. Is a system tray the tool bar? If it is the same then i cannot use that method because as i've already said the icon disappears. But if it isn't the same can you tell me what a system tray is and how i can access it please? HELLLLP!!

RE: i can't unlock live messenger! by alexp2_ad on 07-19-2006 at 11:03 AM

The icon is replaced with one that looks like a hard disk with a little network thing under it by default.

See if you can find that to double click it.

RE: i can't unlock live messenger! by blondee93 on 07-19-2006 at 11:16 AM

omg thanks soooooooooooo much x x x x x x x x

RE: i can't unlock live messenger! by Felu on 07-19-2006 at 11:17 AM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=698107] is the default icon ;). Double clicking it should unlock messenger or promot for a password if u protected it with a password.

However you can select a unlock key here-
[Image: unlockjv4.gif]

Edit : Looks like im late.

RE: i can't unlock live messenger! by NAvLAt on 09-16-2006 at 09:41 PM

hey... i locked my msn .. and its showing a normal msn icon.... but i cant seem to unlock for some reason  ....    can some one pleaseeeee help meee   thanks :$

RE: i can't unlock live messenger! by Chris4 on 09-16-2006 at 10:04 PM

Do CTRL+ALT+DEL, go to Processes, right click msnmsgr.exe and click End Process:

[Image: endmu8.png]

Now run WLM as normal (Ex. from Start menu or desktop)