Shoutbox

Can't set ChatWnd.EditText inside OnEvent_ChatWndSendMessage() - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Can't set ChatWnd.EditText inside OnEvent_ChatWndSendMessage() (/showthread.php?tid=64175)

Can't set ChatWnd.EditText inside OnEvent_ChatWndSendMessage() by segosa on 07-28-2006 at 09:34 PM

Inside OnEvent_ChatWndSendMessage() I want to parse a command (starting with /), set ChatWnd.EditText to something and then return nothing so that no text is sent in the conversation window.

If I return ""; in the event right after setting ChatWnd.EditText then it will clear what I set.

If I don't return anything then I get the message that the command was not recognised, but the value set by the EditText property was not cleared.

How do I avoid this issue?

RE: Can't set ChatWnd.EditText inside OnEvent_ChatWndSendMessage() by Ezra on 07-28-2006 at 10:42 PM

You could use a timer, kinda dodgy but should work right?

RE: Can't set ChatWnd.EditText inside OnEvent_ChatWndSendMessage() by deAd on 07-28-2006 at 10:43 PM

Yeah, you'd need a timer...or if you can think of any other way to do things after the return :P