Shoutbox

ScriptsPerUser - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: ScriptsPerUser (/showthread.php?tid=64199)

ScriptsPerUser by bigbob85 on 07-29-2006 at 01:32 PM

I thought I was a really smart cookie, make a script, that allows each user to allow/dissalow scripts as they like in WLM. I even got as far in my script, to getting it to mod the registry.

But then... It happend...
I found out even if i mod the registry, changes wont take effect, untill apply is hit in the MsgPlus Live prefrences window.

Does anyone have any idea how I'd be able to do this via a script?

Ammm....

I can already read and write to registry. I just need the script to reload plus.. can that be done?

RE: ScriptsPerUser by CookieRevised on 07-29-2006 at 04:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bigbob85
I found out even if i mod the registry, changes wont take effect, untill apply is hit in the MsgPlus Live prefrences window.

Does anyone have any idea how I'd be able to do this via a script?
This happens with many (almost all) registry settings.

There is no way to force Plus! to reread registry settings, let alone force it to load/stop other scripts on demand.

Also mentionned here: "CookieRevised's reply to Forcing A script not to record an event"

---

If you want to disable another script, the only alternative you have is to modify that other script so it reads out a certain value (from the registry or XML file or whatever) so it knows when it needs to run or not.

For another example see: "IDEA: Scripts should be able to activate / disable them on a per user basis"

RE: ScriptsPerUser by bigbob85 on 07-30-2006 at 12:46 PM

What happend to all the other posts in here???

I saposse modding all files wont be so bad.
Is there a way, i can make like ___.js (to be sure it runs first). Then it reads, if the current script is enabled, and if its not, it will like, do somthing similar to the php function, die().
Where it will just stop the script.