Shoutbox

Clear Screen? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Clear Screen? (/showthread.php?tid=64412)

Clear Screen? by RewinD on 08-03-2006 at 11:22 AM

Hi i was just wondering if it was possible to make a script that clears all the text in a window instead of closing it, ive requested this from the developers a few times now and to no avail. i just wanna know if this is possible and if someone could make it as i would have no idea how to do it:S

RE: Clear Screen? by RaceProUK on 08-03-2006 at 11:45 AM

So it doesn't clear the screen, does it?

RE: Clear Screen? by markee on 08-03-2006 at 11:45 AM

I think I can write you a script that when you type "/clear" then it will close the current window and open a new one, the only problem is that it will probably create an event in your chat logs and start it as if it is a new conversation not just follow on.

RE: Clear Screen? by Matti on 08-03-2006 at 01:03 PM

Here's a nice script which does exactly what markee suggested!

quote:
Originally posted by markee
I think I can write you a script that when you type "/clear" then it will close the current window and open a new one, the only problem is that it will probably create an event in your chat logs and start it as if it is a new conversation not just follow on.

Download Clear Window (1.33 KB)
Note: There's a time delay of 100 milliseconds between closing and re-opening the chat window, this is because it won't open else. If you think you can fix this issue, feel free to post your solution! ;)
RE: Clear Screen? by RaceProUK on 08-03-2006 at 01:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
There's a time delay of 100 milliseconds between closing and re-opening the chat window, this is because it won't open else.
That will be dependent on the computer's speed btw.
RE: RE: Clear Screen? by Blokie on 09-13-2006 at 07:21 PM

quote:
quote:

Note: There's a time delay of 100 milliseconds between closing and re-opening the chat window, this is because it won't open else. If you think you can fix this issue, feel free to post your solution! ;)

If i were you. Upload him to the script database. (if you have not je done that)
There much people that search for that.

(sorry for my english)
RE: Clear Screen? by Jimbo on 09-13-2006 at 07:35 PM

fantastic script, i've always missed the old msg plus function

thanks so much

RE: Clear Screen? by crank on 09-14-2006 at 04:45 PM

quote:
quote:

Funny, i was working on the same thing some days ago and stopped because my pc started acting up, i figured i needed a delay, and that i'd add it once i went online again. Now i see you did it :p
RE: Clear Screen? by felipEx on 02-13-2007 at 10:14 PM

:D
Función llamada: OnGetScriptMenu
Función llamada: OnEvent_MenuClicked
Error: 'Count' es nulo o no es un objeto.
       Línea: 54. Código: -2146823281.
La función OnEvent_MenuClicked devolvió un error. Código: -2147352567

RE: Clear Screen? by riahc4 on 02-13-2007 at 10:55 PM

Thanks for the script! Being able to modify that 100 ms timer would be nice though.