Shoutbox

[REQUEST]Idle lies - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [REQUEST]Idle lies (/showthread.php?tid=64688)

[REQUEST]Idle lies by Kutar on 08-09-2006 at 10:28 AM

I want my status is idle when I use this script. But I can stil move my mouse.
(Example : Idle Stats --> Idle now ! and the status will change to real Idle)

Anybody can help me ?

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by RaceProUK on 08-09-2006 at 02:47 PM

You may want to test this, but I think that, if you manually set the Idle status, it remains even when you move the mouse. I don't have the facility to test it yet, but I will later, and report back.

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by Kutar on 08-11-2006 at 10:26 AM

Thanks for your reply ;)
I don't mind that can I move my mouse now.
Just set to real idle when I use this script
But if you can make this, it is better! :D

Thanks for your reply again! :)

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by Silentdragon on 08-11-2006 at 10:37 AM

Scripting doesn't let you set your status to idle. So you'd have to write some work around in order to do it.

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by Intosia on 08-11-2006 at 10:52 AM

Idle faker would be cool indeed, i want it :D

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by RaceProUK on 08-11-2006 at 11:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Silentdragon
Scripting doesn't let you set your status to idle.
Unless you can somehow use a DLL to do it.
RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by absorbation on 08-11-2006 at 11:58 AM

Shrbr is making something, he found a registry value to change to idle status and is intergrating it into a script. Although it is limited at the moment :P

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by artfuldodga on 08-11-2006 at 12:51 PM

should be interesting:)

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by Kutar on 08-12-2006 at 03:34 PM

Anybody can help me now?
:s

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by tony on 08-12-2006 at 03:51 PM

Make a .reg file

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\PerPassportSettings\MSN ID]
"DefaultSignInState"=dword:00000012

Replace MSN ID: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/attachment.php?pid=132217

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by CookieRevised on 08-19-2006 at 07:22 PM

For the "Idle on demand" script: see below....

------------------------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
Shrbr is making something, he found a registry value to change to idle status and is intergrating it into a script.
The only idle related Messenger registry value there is is the one which indicates with what status you are going to signin. This is shown and used already 2 months ago in my Remember Status script.

But this is of no use whatsoever to the OP.

Even if you can set a registry value to "idle", that wont do anything good since Messenger does not constantly poll the registry to see if it needs to change the status.

------------------------------

To change the status on demand to 'Idle' you need to manipulate the protocol directly (this is how some addons like Messenger Discovery do it) or find a means to trick messenger into setting it to idle directly.

Also, don't forget that messenger reconizes when the computer goes to idle and out of idle by recieving a Windows message from Windows. It might by possible to manipulate that instead, but it will also have some possible drawbacks if you don't do it right and thus not do what has been requested (which is to set the status Idle on demand but still being able to use the computer; so the status stays on Idle and doesn't switch back to online). It depends on how you do it.

EDIT:
quote:
Originally posted by shrbr
Make a .reg file

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\PerPassportSettings\MSN ID]
"DefaultSignInState"=dword:00000012

Replace MSN ID: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/attachment.php?pid=132217

I already showed that registry key and the use of it in my Remember Status script. However this is of no use of what has been requested in this thread.

EDIT (because this post is linked to in several other threads):
you can not set your status to idle using
code:
Messenger.MyStatus = 6;
The idle status can be retrieved, but can not be set like this!

The MyStatus property is used to get or set the current status and 6 indicates the idle state.

EDIT: A known and very old method to set your status to Idle on demand is to patch Messenger. The patch consists of replacing an existing status with the Idle status in the protocol code which handles the setting of statusses.

However, doing this will have major drawbacks: say you change the 'Busy' status with the 'Idle' status, any contact who is busy will be shown as idle. Also, you wont be able to set your status to busy anymore either.

Hence I didn't considered this as a solution. However, since KnRd_WC recently used this method to make a patch, it got me thinking again about these drawbacks and how to eliminate them.

So, to overcome these drawbacks, you can use a dirty but simple hack: patch a messenger status, set your status to that patched one, and change the patched status back to what it was. This is exactly what is done in the attached script "Idle on demand".

But note that such simple patch scripts are version specific. They are designed for a particular build (or builds) and will not work on any other (unless they are made generic, but that requires more code and isn't always that easy/possible). The attached script is only compatible with build 8.0.0812, 8.1.0106, 8.1.0168, 8.1.0178, 8.5.0517, 8.5.0601 and 8.5.1018:

Idle on demand (WLM 8.0.0812, 8.1.0106, 8.1.0168, 8.1.0178, 8.5.0517, 8.5.0816 and 8.5.1018 (and very maybe 9.0)

Usage:
    - Select 'Idle' from the Plus! icon submenu for scripts
    - Use the '/idle' command in a conversation.

It will always be updated shortly after a new (public) Windows Live Messenger version comes out (when I got the time!). Please do not alter the script yourself.

;)

Previous downloads: 788
RE: RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by bleezer on 08-19-2006 at 10:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
This is exactly what is done in the attached script "Idle on demand".
[...]
Idle on demand (WLM 8.0.0812)
Thanks a lot! :bow: Works fine.. I think this was what I wanted..
RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by artfuldodga on 08-30-2006 at 10:21 PM

works nicely, sweet :)

Would this script, cause problems... after being Signed In to Messenger Servers for awhile? Yesterday after being on Idle for awhile, Messages I Received started coming in as Offline Messages to me... some Offline, some Regular ... and, some Contacts told me I Appeared Offline to them.

This happend before, and was because of Server Problems :) but I didn't know if the Idle script / patch... ? Messed with the Server.

Edit: ok thanks for the reply below cookie, I guess it was a Server problem

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by CookieRevised on 08-31-2006 at 11:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by artfuldodga
Would this script, cause problems... after being Signed In to Messenger Servers for awhile?
no... it does absolutly nothing more than what messenger itself does.
RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by ~*McoreD*~ on 11-12-2006 at 01:06 AM

This is one fine elite script. Thanks CookieRevised! :)

for WLM 8.0.0812
var AddressList = [0x493AD4];

for WLM 8.1.0106
If we figure out the AddressList value all will work as before?

Thanks,
McoreD

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by CookieRevised on 11-12-2006 at 01:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ~*McoreD*~
Yes, the script is made in such a way that all it requires to be compatilble with future version is to add the correct address to that array.

I just updated it (was long overdue)...

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by ~*McoreD*~ on 11-12-2006 at 11:52 PM

Very nice CookieRevised! :D

Can I ask if this AddressLocation is in msmsgr.exe or someother?
Because in my msmsgr.exe the last addresss was only upto 00562920.

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by RaceProUK on 11-13-2006 at 12:11 AM

0x493ad4 < 0x562920 :P

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by MicroWay on 11-13-2006 at 12:25 AM

quote:
Idle on demand (WLM 8.0.0812 and 8.1.0106)
Usage:
    - Select 'Idle' from the Plus! icon submenu for scripts
    - Use the '/idle' command in a conversation.

it will be updated if a new windows live messenger version comes out.

Thanks Cookie!!! Download it and it works!!!
(Y)

Just an Sugestion:
Is it possible to move the "Idle" from the Plus! menu to the "clickable" status or the Plus! more statuses menu (on contact list)???

See the image from the attach:
Image / Attachment removed by me!!!

Another question: People that don't have anabled the Plus! opition to "Show contacts as Idle instead of Away when appropriate" (on Plus! > Preferences > Customize), will see the "Artificial Idle"???

Edit: I don't know how it works to you, but I've made a test with a buddy that has Plus! Live too. When he turns off the opition, he sees my status as "Away" and when he turns on again, he sees my status as "Idle"
;)
RE: RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by ~*McoreD*~ on 11-13-2006 at 01:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MicroWay
Another question: People that don't have anabled the Plus! opition to "Show contacts as Idle instead of Away when appropriate" (on Plus! > Preferences > Customize), will see the "Artificial Idle"???

Edit: I don't know how it works to you, but I've made a test with a buddy that has Plus! Live too. When he turns off the opition, he sees my status as "Away" and when he turns on again, he sees my status as "Idle"
;)

That's exactly what we are after. Without Plus! users wouldn't konw if we are Away/Idle anyways.
RE: RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by CookieRevised on 11-13-2006 at 02:03 AM

quote:
Very nice CookieRevised! :D

Can I ask if this AddressLocation is in msmsgr.exe or someother?
Because in my msmsgr.exe the last addresss was only upto 00562920.
quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
0x493ad4 < 0x562920 :P
That has nothing todo with it (well... it has something to do with it but not like that).

Nothing is patched on disc (it wouldn't be possible to work when you need to patch something on disc as that is only read when you start up, making it into a script rather useless), the patching happens in memory.

The memory addresses are completely different (but related) than what you see on disc.

quote:
Just an Sugestion:
Is it possible to move the "Idle" from the Plus! menu to the "clickable" status or the Plus! more statuses menu (on contact list)???
No, that requires API callbacks.

quote:
No, they will see Away. This question/issue is years and years old (more than 5 years at least) and has been handled multiple times on forums already.

quote:
That's exactly what we are after. Without Plus! users wouldn't konw if we are Away/Idle anyways.

Messenger has always had the 'Idle' status (as long as Messenger had the option to set your status to 'away' when you don't use the PC for a while), only it is also named "Away" in its resources. What Plus!, A-Patch, MessPatch, and almost every other single patch that exists or has exited does is replacing that "Away" word with "Idle". Tutorials have been written to do this resource editing yourself on many places and forums... It was probably one of the very first patches that got public/available on the forums in history of Messenger, it is that widely known  :p
RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by MicroWay on 11-13-2006 at 02:16 AM

Ok, Cookie (Y) -> No problem :)
Thanks for your fast reply (and the script)... ;)

Removed the picture and attachment from the other post

RE: RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by CookieRevised on 11-13-2006 at 02:23 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:
Just an Sugestion:
No, that requires API callbacks.
Ok, Cookie (Y) -> No problem :)
Thanks for your fast reply... ;)
Well, there is a dodgy way, but that requires the removal of one other status. So, the idle status will actually overwrite that other status, everywhere, and any contact who is 'that other status' will be shown to you as 'idle' too. In other words, this is not good in practice.

The closest you can get to adding it to those menus is by triggering the change to idle when you actually change the status to an existing one (your contacts will therefore also see two status changes btw). And this triggering will of course happen too whenever something changes your status to that 'trigger' status, including other scripts for example.

To avoid that you could also make a special personalised status which will actually trigger on its turn the setting of the idle status (but your contacts (and your scripts ofcourse) will still see two status changes).

But all these things are just very dodgy workarounds which all have major drawbacks in practice, etc (I just point them out now to avoid that people reply that it is possible to my "no"  :p).
RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by MicroWay on 11-13-2006 at 02:35 AM

Just one thing: My suggestion was to make a faster way to make WLM's status "Idle". So, if is too much hard (as I could see), forget it... I agree with you...
In the first sugestion you gave, I agree with you in that point and don't want a overwrited status...
In the second idea, as things are going, forget it too...
I realised that is a hard work for such a stupid change :)

Thanks again for yours reply Cookie (Y)
;)

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by deAd on 11-13-2006 at 02:51 AM

quote:
Sorry, didn't get it: If I could do this special personalized status, my contact will see "MicroWay (Away) (Idle)"? Or is going to hapen 2 consecutive changes?
Two consecutive changes...
RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by MicroWay on 11-13-2006 at 02:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by deAd
quote:
Sorry, didn't get it: If I could do this special personalized status, my contact will see "MicroWay (Away) (Idle)"? Or is going to hapen 2 consecutive changes?
Two consecutive changes...

Thanks to your reply too.. ;) now I got it...

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by artfuldodga on 12-16-2006 at 03:33 PM

cookie, can this be updated for the latest messenger beta as well?

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by Efe/ZX on 12-16-2006 at 07:34 PM

quote:
Changing the 17th line of Cookie's script from
code:
var AddressList = [0x493AD4, 0x5DCE94];
to
code:
var AddressList = [0x493AD4, 0x5DCE94, 0x4A13EC];
(in which a new address is added to the array) seems to be enough for the script to run under WLM 8.1.0168 (at least for me :P)
RE: RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by CookieRevised on 12-16-2006 at 10:45 PM

quote:

quote:
It will always be updated shortly after a new (public) Windows Live Messenger version comes out (when I got the time).

-------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Efe/ZX
seems to be enough for the script to run under WLM 8.1.0168 (at least for me :P)
it will work for everybody
quote:
quote:
Yes, the script is made in such a way that all it requires to be compatilble with future version is to add the correct address to that array.

-------------------------

updated...

enjoy ;)

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by artfuldodga on 12-17-2006 at 01:12 AM

thanks, appricate that :)

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by Lucette on 01-30-2007 at 02:27 AM

Thank you! I downloaded this yesterday and wished I'd found it sooner.

Unfortunately, I just downloaded WLM 8.1.0178 and it is not supported :(

I'd like to request Idle Lies for the new WLM please. I'm looking forward to it's release. Thanks!

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by artfuldodga on 01-30-2007 at 01:28 PM

yes update asap please :)

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by Eljay on 01-30-2007 at 02:29 PM

For 8.1.0178, just open up "Idle on demand.js" and find line 17:

code:
var AddressList = [0x493AD4, 0x5DCE94, 0x4A13EC];

Change it to the following:
code:
var AddressList = [0x493AD4, 0x5DCE94, 0x4A13EC, 0x5E67F0];

It should now work in WLM 8.1.0178. :)
RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by Lucette on 01-30-2007 at 02:35 PM

That worked. Thank you! :)

RE: RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by ZrednaZ on 01-30-2007 at 02:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Intosia
Idle faker would be cool indeed, i want it :D

Or not, sounds like the most useless script suggestion to date. 8-)

I'm sure no-one except the most hardcore Plus! users (or users of various other addons maybe) even knows there is a difference between manual Away and Idle. And 99 percent of those who do notice don't give a damn anyway.

Not meaning to be a party-pooper or anything... ;)
RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by CookieRevised on 01-31-2007 at 12:09 AM

be patient and I'll always update.... ;) which is also done now...

quote:
Originally posted by ZrednaZ
I'm sure no-one except the most hardcore Plus! users (or users of various other addons maybe) even knows there is a difference between manual Away and Idle.
The most hardcore Plus! users surely know there is a difference. (you even don't need to be a hardcore Plus! user for that)
RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by artfuldodga on 05-28-2007 at 08:53 PM

whats the AddressList code  for the latest leaked 8.5 beta? and where can i view it myself next time i need it :) thx.

RE: RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by ~*McoreD*~ on 06-02-2007 at 05:26 AM

quote:
whats the AddressList code  for the latest leaked 8.5 beta? and where can i view it myself next time i need it :) thx.

Repeat: and where can i view it myself next time i need it :)

Thanks.
RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by artfuldodga on 06-02-2007 at 05:33 AM

takes a bit of advanced knowkedge apparently, prob have to wait until cookie updates it.

RE: RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by ~*McoreD*~ on 06-02-2007 at 11:22 PM

quote:

So howcome I get the feeling that it is getting obvious where can i view it myself next time i need it is ignored. :|
RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by CookieRevised on 06-03-2007 at 01:47 AM

Please don't tamper with it...

quote:
whats the AddressList code for the latest leaked 8.5 beta? and where can i view it myself next time i need it :) thx.
You can't 'view' it. It is explained in one of my posts in this thread what those numbers are.

------------

script updated
RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by riahc4 on 06-03-2007 at 03:44 AM

quote:
Please don't tamper with it...

You can't 'view' it. It is explained in one of my posts in this thread what those numbers are.

------------

script updated

It would be nice if you could make the script versionproof so we can update it ourselves.

Thanks anyhow cookie.

EDIT: I also PLEASE ask that you add a option to remove/delete the popup toast saying that it is hooked. Very annoying.
RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by artfuldodga on 06-03-2007 at 09:00 AM

thanks for updating cookie.

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by Volv on 06-13-2007 at 03:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
"5E67F0" equals in decimal "6186992" so I see no relation to Messenger 8.1.0178 so I myself wouldnt know what would be needed and added to make it compatible with Messenger 8.5.1235.0517
Subtract 0x400C00
RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by artfuldodga on 09-06-2007 at 02:00 AM

Live Messenger 8.5 Beta 2 has gone Public in Windows Live Installer Suite.

Update this Script Cookie, whenever you get a chance, sooner rather than later hopefully :)

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by Mnjul on 09-06-2007 at 06:19 PM

Cookie, are you sure you aren't going to make it automatically generic? :S

It shouldn't be too hard with ReadProcessMemory :p

It doesn't have to be perfect. We don't expect to it be "once and for all", just that people don't have to wait for others to tell the new address offset. :p

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by {ESO} on 09-09-2007 at 11:18 AM

Cookie i'm with you ;)

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by MondayX on 10-04-2007 at 05:57 PM

I would need the Adress for WLM 8.5.1288.816...
Thank you (:

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by scowl on 10-14-2007 at 04:40 PM

Is an update in the works for 8.5.1288.816?

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by MondayX on 10-14-2007 at 04:46 PM

Ok, I found it.
Add 0x4EE434 in AddressList

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by artfuldodga on 10-17-2007 at 07:07 PM

Thanks MondayX.

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by snAke_LeAder on 11-03-2007 at 09:16 PM

thx working :)

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by snAke_LeAder on 11-07-2007 at 02:07 PM

any adresses for the final version 8.5.1302.1018 ?

RE: RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by Firehalk on 11-12-2007 at 02:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by snAke_LeAder
any adresses for the final version 8.5.1302.1018 ?

Please, can someone say?
RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by vikke on 11-12-2007 at 07:46 PM

It is: 0x50F2EC

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by snAke_LeAder on 11-13-2007 at 11:00 AM

thx :)

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by John Anderton on 11-17-2007 at 10:39 AM

Update to the latest version of WLM will you Cookie :(

RE: RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by vikke on 11-17-2007 at 12:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Just add "0x50F2EC" to the address list (in the script editor).
RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by John Anderton on 11-17-2007 at 12:20 PM

Could I know where you get these addresses from so I can do this myself in the future? :)

RE: RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by vikke on 11-17-2007 at 08:19 PM

quote:
Could I know where you get these addresses from so I can do this myself in the future? :)
I'm reversing Messenger using Ollydbg (http://www.ollydbg.de/). I might release a tutorial on it later, it's not that advanced.
RE: RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by CookieRevised on 11-29-2007 at 09:46 PM

quote:
It would be nice if you could make the script versionproof so we can update it ourselves.
quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
Cookie, are you sure you aren't going to make it automatically generic? :S
I'm sure I wont do it at this moment :p But maybe later (although it wont always be 100% garantueed it will work, but 99,9999% :p)

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
It doesn't have to be perfect. We don't expect to it be "once and for all", just that people don't have to wait for others to tell the new address offset. :p
Absolutely valid point... it's on my (long) todo list :p.

quote:
EDIT: I also PLEASE ask that you add a option to remove/delete the popup toast saying that it is hooked. Very annoying.
For now, remove line 35 in the script (the displaytoast line).
(not worth adding an option, functions and extra registry stuff just for that imho)

---

quote:
updated (finally :p)

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by TheGuruSupremacy on 11-29-2007 at 10:55 PM

quote:
updated (finally (Smilie))

Idle Script updated you posted doesn't work because you packaged it zipping the folder ;);)..So it seems to be not a valid msgplus script..Greetings
RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by CookieRevised on 11-29-2007 at 11:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheGuruSupremacy
quote:
updated (finally (Smilie))

Idle Script updated you posted doesn't work because you packaged it zipping the folder ;);)..So it seems to be not a valid msgplus script..Greetings
oops... how stupid am I... thanks for reporting... fixed...
RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by John Anderton on 12-02-2007 at 11:40 AM

Care to tell me on WLM sometime as to what you do when a new version comes out (if you don't mind)? :)

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by Felu on 12-02-2007 at 11:53 AM

quote:
Care to tell me on WLM sometime as to what you do when a new version comes out (if you don't mind)? :)
Even I'd like to know that Cookie if you don't mind :p.
RE: RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by vikke on 12-02-2007 at 12:09 PM

Tutorial: Finding Idle Address (in memory)
1. Download Cheat Engine, and install it.
2. Open it up, click the glowing icon in the top left of the window.
3. Select Msnmsgr.exe in the list.
4. In the value box type "AWY".
5. In the Value Type box, select Text.
6. Press New Scan.
7. You can now find a list of all addresses found to the left.
8. Now you have to find out which one is the right one. Double-click every item, so they will appear in the bottom-list.
9. Now double-click the value list, to change the address value, and change it to IDL. Now change your status to Away, and if you become Idle, it's the correct address. Do this step for every address you have found. When you find the correct one, just copy the address from the Address-field, and add "0x" in the front, then it's ready to be added into the script's array! :)

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by John Anderton on 12-02-2007 at 01:27 PM

The reason I said in private was because I didn't want newbs to do it and screw it up. Thanks for the tut though :)

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by Felu on 12-02-2007 at 01:50 PM

Thanks for the tutorial vikke but as JA said, it shouldn't be posted in public as newbs might screw it.

Btw Cookie, your method of setting Idle Status doesn't work in 9.0.

RE: RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by snAke_LeAder on 12-02-2007 at 05:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Felu

plus doesn't work im 9.0 ^o)
RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by CookieRevised on 12-02-2007 at 07:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vikke
1. Download Cheat Engine, and install it.
2. Open it up, click the glowing icon in the top left of the window.
3. Select Msnmsgr.exe in the list.
4. In the value box type "AWY".
5. In the Value Type box, select Text.
6. Press New Scan.
7. You can now find a list of all addresses found to the left.
8. Now you have to find out which one is the right one. Double-click every item, so they will appear in the bottom-list.
9. Now double-click the value list, to change the address value, and change it to IDL. Now change your status to Away, and if you become Idle, it's the correct address. Do this step for every address you have found. When you find the correct one, just copy the address from the Address-field, and add "0x" in the front, then it's ready to be added into the script's array! :)

1) Any (small) hex-editor will do for this purpose. No need for big programs. And a hex-editor/viewer would actually be way better since you can actually see the surrounding stuff also (so you don't waste time changing AWY to IDL in normal text etc).

9)
quote:
.......just copy the address from the Address-field, and add "0x" in the front, then it's ready to be added into the script's array!
This will screw stuff up.
At least the script 'Idle on demand' will check if the address you provided is correct (if there is indeed an AWY string at its location) before it makes the change. So instead of screwing up, it simply will refuse to change it.

The reason why it will not work is because patching happens in memory, not on disk. The memory address is never the same as the address within the file (but related). You need to add the BaseMemoryOffset for the program, the offset where the program is loaded in memory. This can be different for each program and even change from version to version, though it is rare.

Note: although the above method works 9/10 for stuff like this (provided you calculate the address correctly!), it is not a proper method. The proper method would be to actually dissassemble the program with OlyDbg for example.

quote:
Originally posted by Felu
Thanks for the tutorial vikke but as JA said, it shouldn't be posted in public as newbs might screw it.

It wasn't tested in WLM9 either. The address listed in the script is just a very quick and dirty assumption without checking anything. I simply already added that after releasing the script. But since I screwed up the scriptpacket the first time, I made a new one but didn't bothered to remove that test-address.

If it indeed doesn't work, then it might be proof that a method like described by vikke isn't a proper method to get the patch address.

snAke_LeAder: he's an beta tester and thus has access to a new beta version of Plus! which is (partially) compatible with WLM9.

---------------------------

PS: For those who are wondering: how to find such addresses is already talked about before in this thread though, more than once. And hints were already given.
It indeed isn't big rocket science, but it is true that newbies could easly screw stuff up with these things. If you want to learn how to find such stuff I suggest to read tutorials and books about dissassembling (which means you must at least know what hex-editing is, basic knowledge of programming, etc).

;)
RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by vikke on 12-02-2007 at 07:38 PM

JA and Felu: What could newbies screw up? I don't get it, the script checks if the offset is correct before patching, so no need to worry.

And now over to Cookie... :)

This tutorial was written to find offsets for the script, not editing the memory itself, that was just for testing if it was the correct address (though it's possible that way).

I was using OllyDbg for myself, but writing a disassembler/debugger tutorial is just too advanced. So I found Cheat Engine, and it worked while it was pretty simple. That's why I chose to describe that method in the tutorial.
In the address field, the address is in hex, so we add 0x so JScript reads it as a hexadecimal number.
I used Cheat Engine, and I found the exact address as already used in the script, so it's proper. It might not work every time, but it has worked so far (haven't tried WLM 9 as I'm not a tester).

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by CookieRevised on 12-03-2007 at 04:10 AM

quote:
This tutorial was written to find offsets for the script, not editing the memory itself, that was just for testing if it was the correct address (though it's possible that way).
Actually, after this reply and rereading your tutorial I understand that the Cheat Engine loads the program in memory.

In other words, what you described in the tutorial IS editing it in memory, not on disk.

It should be made very clear in such tutorials what you're actually doing because both are different addresses, as you can read from my previous post, and as I know you know :p

----------

This to show that in matters like this you need to be very carefull in what you describe and how you explain it. It isn't rocket science, but you need to know what you're doing...

;)
RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by John Anderton on 12-03-2007 at 05:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by snAke_LeAder
plus doesn't work im 9.0 ^o)
Beta testers get to work on different versions than you are and the last few betas have been partially compatible with Plus!

Thanks for all the help people. Should make things easier for us :)
RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by riahc4 on 12-22-2007 at 11:56 AM

Cookie would you mind updating this for 9.0 please?

Your post with the Idle On Demand script does not work with 9.0

RE: RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by High Speed Chaser on 12-22-2007 at 12:00 PM

quote:

quote:

It will always be updated shortly after a new (public) Windows Live Messenger version comes out (when I got the time!). Please do not alter the script yourself.

I he said he would only update it when a public version of WLM was released and since 9.0 is still a beta and will probably be changed he would have to update every time a new beta came out. Why should he update it every time a new beta comes out?
He is busy (even for a bot/sever-side script).

* High Speed Chaser runs
RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by vikke on 12-22-2007 at 12:05 PM

With my tutorial you can update it yourself. No need to bother Cookie. :)
Though I'm not 100% sure this method is working on WLM 9, why don't you try?

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by riahc4 on 12-22-2007 at 01:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by High Speed Chaser
quote:

quote:

I he said he would only update it when a public version of WLM was released and since 9.0 is still a beta and will probably be changed he would have to update every time a new beta came out. Why should he update it every time a new beta comes out?
He is busy (even for a bot/sever-side script).

* High Speed Chaser runs

8.5 was a beta too and it was updated...

quote:
With my tutorial you can update it yourself. No need to bother Cookie. :)
Though I'm not 100% sure this method is working on WLM 9, why don't you try?
Well, seeing as im right now pissed off and really have nothing much else to do, Ill give it a try :)

Tried it out; And your method doesn't seem to work vikke. I went address per address changing the AWY to IDL and it didnt work.

Man, JScript is ugly; lol just looked at  cookie's code and C looks alot more organized

(This isnt directed at you or your code, cookie. Just dont like JScript IDK why...)
RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by riahc4 on 01-02-2008 at 07:31 PM

Can anyone comment on why it doesnt work?

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by CookieRevised on 01-03-2008 at 03:59 AM

Because WLM 9 is programmed differently an this can change yet again also...

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by isg on 03-09-2008 at 01:33 PM

will there be an update to this? this is the only script i even use

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by chance on 07-26-2008 at 05:44 PM

yeah i'm looking for an update too.

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by chance on 11-11-2008 at 08:27 AM

no updates? doesn't work with the new Messenger Plus with windows live messenger 9 wave 3

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by chance on 12-26-2008 at 11:40 AM

anything yet? i think the official version is out now. im using it. windows live 9.0. not beta. update it pleasee!!!!

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by Spunky on 12-26-2008 at 06:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chance
anything yet? i think the official version is out now. im using it. windows live 9.0. not beta. update it pleasee!!!!

It's not a release... it's an RC version. Still in testing I'm afraid
RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by IA015 on 01-11-2009 at 12:19 PM

Any support for The RC version yet? Or a similar script?

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by jumpjet321 on 01-13-2009 at 07:14 PM

I hope someone can update it, I'm in big need of it to, MDL idle function does not work either. Please can some kind scripter update it for us?

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by Jag021 on 01-26-2009 at 08:47 PM

I asked and CookieRevised said:

"Unfortunatly I don't have the time to investigate WLM9 in order to update the Idle on demand script. WLM9 is significantly different than WLM8, so it isn't that easy to update (if at all possible)....

Though I will try to update it in the future, but dunno exactly when.."!

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by MicroWay on 02-14-2009 at 08:57 PM

I hope Cookie or someone please update it... :)

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by Jag021 on 02-18-2009 at 10:30 PM

Does anyone know where Cookie is nowadays?

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by John Anderton on 02-21-2009 at 07:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jag021
Does anyone know where Cookie is nowadays?
He has a life.

I tried finding the code myself but it didn't really work. The things that they've changed make it harder to put it to idle though I must admit, my attempt was just a light pass.. I put in a few mins and then I had to leave. If there is anyone else with more conviction who can give this a try, be my guest but I do remember (may be incorrectly or for an older version) Cookie saying that this is going to be difficult to do with the new WLM since quite a few things have changed.
RE: RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by Jag021 on 02-21-2009 at 11:41 PM

quote:

He has a life.

lol I knew that... just wondering though
RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by John Anderton on 02-22-2009 at 05:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jag021
quote:

He has a life.

lol I knew that... just wondering though
This isn't the first time. It happens quite a few times that Cookie gets busy IRL and doesn't show up for a few months.. as does Patchou :P He'll return eventually.. :P If he doesn't return in a year or so, then you can call the police and start googling for him. Until then, its all good :)

Back on track, has anyone else tried for find the idle code in WLM 9.x?
RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by IA015 on 02-22-2009 at 06:29 PM

I think this can be fixed with latest messenger.. but scripters are to lazy to work with it, or they see this as a useless script and won't try to fix it.. However if they think like that.. they should open their eyes and look around and see how many as want this script to new msn. So as I.

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by Jag021 on 02-22-2009 at 08:51 PM

USELESS SCRIPT!?!?

its the best script out there

cookie asked for it not to be edited by anyone else anyway

RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by TheGuruSupremacy on 02-22-2009 at 09:27 PM

Well i'm really busy this period,but i was thinking when i have the time and if cookie allow me, to make the script compatible with the last build (of course i 'll finish to update app.offline helper before doing that).

RE: RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by IA015 on 02-22-2009 at 09:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheGuruSupremacy
Well i'm really busy this period,but i was thinking when i have the time and if cookie allow me, to make the script compatible with the last build (of course i 'll finish to update app.offline helper before doing that).
Sounds great :)
RE: [REQUEST]Idle lies by TheGuruSupremacy on 02-27-2009 at 07:26 PM

If anyone is interested i have released Idle Lier Here.It's fully compatible with wlm 14.0.8064.206 .Greetings