Shoutbox

Different sign in sounds for different contacts [Solved[ - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Different sign in sounds for different contacts [Solved[ (/showthread.php?tid=64716)

Different sign in sounds for different contacts [Solved[ by robintw147 on 08-09-2006 at 06:35 PM

Hi

I seem to remember that in a previous version of Messenger Plus I managed to set it so that it played a different sound when certain contacts signed in. This was very useful to me, as I could tell, without looking at my laptop, if it was someone 'important'.

I can't seem to find this feature now, is it still there? If not, might it be possible to write a script to add this feature?

It might not have been Messenger Plus that had this feature, but I don't remember using any other messenger extension...

Overall though guys - thanks for a great piece of software!

Robin

RE: Different sign in sounds for different contacts by Mnjul on 08-09-2006 at 08:41 PM

The feature is still available:

In the preferences, select "Customize!" Tab, and in it, click on "Events Notifications" section. Then click on "Add" button, select the specific contact, click Next and select "User has signed in". Then again click Next and in the next screen, check "Play a sound when this event occurs" and pick your preferred sound file :)

RE: Different sign in sounds for different contacts by robintw147 on 08-09-2006 at 08:47 PM

Thanks so much - I really should have spotted that! Silly me.

Cheers,

Robin