Shoutbox

SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! (/showthread.php?tid=65514)

SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by Patchou on 08-28-2006 at 07:10 PM

Hey everyone,

at last, it's that time of the year again. Next weekend I'll be heading to Toronto to satisfy my geeky needs, take pictures with some cool actors from Star Trek and amazingly hot girls dressed in Final Fantasy costumes. One thing will be different this year though: I'm going alone and for that reason, I have an extra ticket.

Because I wouldn't like to throw the tickets (they are non refundable) and becase going alone is less fun, I was wondering if one of you would care to come with me and enjoy the fun. You can find information about the expo at http://www.hobbystar.com/ComicConToronto2006/CC_Main.asp .

I have an extra Anime Deluxe Pass (most complete expo pass) and an extra gold ticket to see William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy on sunday. If you're interested, just say so and give me what you can spare for the ticket(s), it will always be better that the recycle bin (especially for the Shatner/Nimoy ticket consdering its original price).

So well, I hope I'll get some positive answers. It's your one and only chance to see the wonderful Patchou this year in Toronto, you'll get to hear his totally un-funny jokes, his perverted remarks on females and his exceptional social skills talking about the evolution of the C language over time. Don't miss it! :banana:

Patchy

RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by ShawnZ on 08-28-2006 at 07:11 PM

trekie and sonicsam are going i think =p

RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by Chrono on 08-28-2006 at 07:20 PM

Plane ticket included? (A)

:P

have fun pitcho :banana:

RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by Sunshine on 08-28-2006 at 07:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
It's your one and only chance to see the wonderful Patchou this year in Toronto, you'll get to hear his totally un-funny jokes, his perverted remarks on females and his exceptional social skills talking about the evolution of the C language over time. Don't miss it! :banana:

Patchy
lol, to whoever is going: Record it! :chrongue:

Have fun!
RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by Voldemort on 08-28-2006 at 07:36 PM

quote:
his perverted remarks on females
:O:O fraisie is going to beat ya!
RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by Nathan on 08-28-2006 at 07:38 PM

I would go but i'm to young + i live in the UK :< :tongue:

RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by Joa on 08-28-2006 at 07:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
me and marissa too probably :cheesy:
at least i know that we may be going to toronto..
but i dunno about going into that ... sci fi thingy.. ....
* Joa is scared of some totally "into it" geeky people 8-)
not that me and marissa aren't two hot geeks .. but .. kjhgf

phear :sad:

anyway what day would/could people meet exactly?
RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by marissa on 08-28-2006 at 07:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Joa
quote:
me and marissa too probably :cheesy:
at least i know that we may be going to toronto..
but i dunno about going into that ... sci fi thingy.. ....
* Joa is scared of some totally "into it" geeky people 8-)

not that me and marissa aren't two hot geeks .. but .. kjhgf

phear :sad:

anyway what day would/could people meet exactly?

sept. 1-3, but i dunno what day i could go. thts right before school and i need more shopping so i should go :p and then joa, me and you could just go visit them and not go in haha
anyway, it'd be cool to meet up...and going to that expo would be scary, i agree

RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by Patchou on 08-28-2006 at 07:53 PM

naaa dont worry, this convention is far from being too trekkie, it's just much fun as long as you like anime and/or scifi.

I'll be there from friday night to sunday afternoon, we can meet whenever wherever. And don't worry, uncle Patchy here will protect you girls against the evil ones.

RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by wj on 08-28-2006 at 07:59 PM

Shatner.... Nemoy..... Fisher......

* wj wishes he lived in Canada so he could go....

RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by prashker on 08-28-2006 at 08:00 PM

once again, I have no ride :sad:

RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by Chrono on 08-28-2006 at 08:02 PM

quote:
naaa dont worry, this convention is far from being too trekkie, it's just much fun as long as you like anime and/or scifi.

I'll be there from friday night to sunday afternoon, we can meet whenever wherever. And don't worry, uncle Patchy here will protect you girls against the evil ones.
And who will protect them from you? 8-)

* Chrono runs (A)
RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by Joa on 08-28-2006 at 08:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
And who will protect them from you?
are you sure WE will be the one's needing the protection? (6)

i think i'll be able to go on either friday or saturday. depends on when i get a ride to toronto. but for sure not on sunday.
quote:
Originally posted by SonicSpam
once again, I have no ride
:sad:
RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by Voldemort on 08-28-2006 at 08:47 PM

How much did this tickets cost?

RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by Menthix on 08-28-2006 at 09:55 PM

I'm even afraid to say how much that gold ticket costs, check their site :).

RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by blackjack on 08-28-2006 at 10:16 PM

I wish i could go.. the ticket is about 400 Mexican pesos.. about 39 dollars i think ^o)

Have fun Patchou/anyone else going :)

RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by Voldemort on 08-28-2006 at 10:47 PM

Ah, i thought it was more than a 100 dollars, lawls.

RE: RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by blackjack on 08-28-2006 at 11:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
Ah, i thought it was more than a 100 dollars, lawls.

they are that expensive, i was talking about the cheaper ones :P

the one that patchou is talking about its.. 400 dollars (399) [vip] and 229 Dls Gold ticket
RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by -DiStUrBeDzOmBiE- on 08-29-2006 at 01:54 AM

I would love to go but im too young -.- and i live near it too :\

RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by TReKiE on 08-29-2006 at 02:09 AM

I'm going, just not sure what day or what I'm doing... was just planning on buying tickets at the door.

I'm interested anyway.

RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by Patchou on 08-29-2006 at 02:57 AM

that all sounds like good news :).

If you are interested in buying whichever ticket I currently have, please email me at mplus@patchou.com so that I know. It's an e-ticket so I'll simply send it to you by email, you can give me the money in person or by Paypal if you really want to avoid seeing me :p.

RE: RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by blackjack on 08-29-2006 at 03:48 AM

quote:
or by Paypal if you really want to avoid seeing me :p.

I dont think so, thats the main reason why many of them are going.. marissa and joa probably :P

Thats what i think, if i could go.. that would be my reason at least :P
RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by Patchou on 08-29-2006 at 06:16 AM

yeah right... the day cute girls will want to go to a convention because I'm there too is the day I'll buy myself a Mac.

RE: RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by blackjack on 08-29-2006 at 06:30 AM

quote:
yeah right... the day cute girls will want to go to a convention because I'm there too is the day I'll buy myself a Mac.

So that means Plus! for Mac available in some months 8-)?

j/k. But im sure that would make millions of users happy :P

Take lots of pics Patch, we want them :gfdrin:
RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by ShawnZ on 08-29-2006 at 07:30 AM

quote:

if me or jon or val goes with you, don't go to the eatons apple store.
RE: RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by Patchou on 08-29-2006 at 07:44 AM

quote:
if me or jon or val goes with you, don't go to the eatons apple store.

don't worry, there's no chance of that happening this weekend... we'll be in the exciting city of Toronto after all, which means that stores in our area probably won't be opened after 3:00pm.
RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by marissa on 08-30-2006 at 02:34 AM

i was going to come to toronto this weekend, not for the expo but just to visit but...i cant. i have to work and dads going to the U.S.
oh well, there'll be some other time :p
have fun for who ever goes!

RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by Patchou on 08-30-2006 at 02:48 AM

too bad... :(

so, who is coming and who is interested in my tickets? :p I'll throw in a free shirt with that.

RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by Chrono on 08-30-2006 at 02:49 AM

why dont you try selling it on ebay? :P

RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by albert on 08-30-2006 at 02:51 AM

quote:
too bad... :(

so, who is coming and who is interested in my tickets? :p I'll throw in a free shirt with that.

it does sound interesting.. but getting from mtl to toronto is kinda hard when u dont have a stupid driving liscence. :@

RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by Voldemort on 08-30-2006 at 02:52 AM

How much did they cost?
if they cost what they told me... then... its crazy!

RE: RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by TReKiE on 08-30-2006 at 02:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
How much did they cost?
if they cost what they told me... then... its crazy!

It's not that much just to get into the place but actually seeing Shatner/Nimoy and doing the autograph thing is kinda costly.

But, these old guys have to make the bucks somehow.  Southern California is expensive :P
RE: RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by TReKiE on 08-30-2006 at 03:01 AM

quote:
it does sound interesting.. but getting from mtl to toronto is kinda hard when u dont have a stupid driving liscence. :@

ViaRail - Toronto-Ottawa
and
Greyhound

:D
RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by Voldemort on 08-30-2006 at 03:01 AM

if its 400 per ticket... hmm... its expensive :P

RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by albert on 08-30-2006 at 03:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TReKiE
ViaRail - Toronto-Ottawa
and
Greyhound

:D

190$ just for via rail. :|
RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by Joa on 08-30-2006 at 03:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by alby
190$ just for via rail.
grayhount should be half that price :P or even less
for some reason it's always really expensive via rail

marissa's not going?? :sad:
i dunno if i'm going for sure. depends if i get a ride or not. i'm too cheap to go there by bus (a)

Edit: by the way.. umm.. where should those people who aren't going to the expo thingy but are just going to toronto meet up with all the rest of you who are going to the expo? .. and on what day and .. time of day :P
i hope this makes sense, i can't re-word it :sad:
RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by Funness on 08-30-2006 at 07:03 AM

quote:
...an extra gold ticket to see William Shatner...

Ask him to sing.. anything. It's funny, trust me.
RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by CookieRevised on 08-30-2006 at 12:55 PM

quote:
roflol, I think you will regret saying that some day :p;)

* CookieRevised looks forward to Plus! for Mac :D

(Joa, go for it, meet Patchou, this is the moment :p)

Anyways, have lots and lots of fun there (and pictures of course)...
RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by John Anderton on 08-30-2006 at 01:16 PM

damn .... hopefully one of these will be conducted in a country i am in sometime :)

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
quote:
It's your one and only chance to see the wonderful Patchou this year in Toronto, you'll get to hear his totally un-funny jokes, his perverted remarks on females and his exceptional social skills talking about the evolution of the C language over time. Don't miss it! :banana:

Patchy
lol, to whoever is going: Record it! :chrongue:

Have fun!
Send a copy to me too <3
rofl at pitcho's quote :P
RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by user27089 on 08-30-2006 at 02:19 PM

Hope you have fun at the meeting.

I went into a comic store yesterday and forgot to buy a comic that I really need. It's called To Hell and Back - A Sin City Love Story issue 1, it was only like $5.

If anybody sees it anywhere, or goes to the comic book store that's just off queen st. west (it has a spiderman on the front, i think it's called quadrant comics) then would you be able to buy it for me please? I'll pay you back obviously. I also need SIN CITY: To Hell and Back issue 9 and The Big Fat Kill issue 1.

RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by John Anderton on 08-30-2006 at 02:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I went into a comic store yesterday and forgot to buy a comic that I really need. It's called To Hell and Back - A Sin City Love Story issue 1, it was only like $5.
So basically this post was to tell anyone who is going to the expo that you wanted that comic?
:dodgy:
RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by Patchou on 08-30-2006 at 04:06 PM

As I said in the first post, I'll accept whatever you can spare for the tickets, even for the Shatner/Nimoy one. I just don't want to throw it, that would be totally stupid. Selling it for cheap to a forum member will make me much happier (especially if you have two X chromosomes but I'll make an exception for Trekie).

RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by Joa on 08-31-2006 at 12:31 AM

i won't be going after all.
mainly cuz i'm scared of seeing patchou :O
j/k
actually it's partially true, if marissa went and i wasn't there with a bunch of boys by myself i'd probably go (a)
blah, i don't have a ride, and i payed for my tuition for next semester and i'm broke :sad:
maybe i'll be able to see patchou some other time :sad:
i'm sure there's bound to be more meets in canada, maybe in kitchener?? :O i mean there's two hot people from this forum living here :O if that's not exciting i don't know what is

RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by Patchou on 08-31-2006 at 03:39 AM

bhaaaaaa :(

RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by tony on 08-31-2006 at 03:52 AM

why dont you just take fraisie with you :P

RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by Chrono on 08-31-2006 at 04:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Joa
i won't be going after all.
mainly cuz i'm scared of seeing patchou :O
j/k
actually it's partially true, if marissa went and i wasn't there with a bunch of boys by myself i'd probably go (a)
blah, i don't have a ride, and i payed for my tuition for next semester and i'm broke :sad:
maybe i'll be able to see patchou some other time :sad:
i'm sure there's bound to be more meets in canada, maybe in kitchener?? :O i mean there's two hot people from this forum living here :O if that's not exciting i don't know what is

who's the other one? 8-)

oh wait, that was too nice... *mean mode: on* who are the 2 hot people? i dont see any 8-)!!
* Chrono runs (A)

j/k <3
RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by Curtis on 08-31-2006 at 11:27 PM

I'll give you $20 for the ticket if plane ticket is included.

RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by Voldemort on 09-01-2006 at 01:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Tony
why dont you just take fraisie with you

:O
RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by Curtis on 09-02-2006 at 12:05 AM

So can I go?!?!?

RE: RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by TReKiE on 09-02-2006 at 12:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Curtis
So can I go?!?!?

Nope, I bought them.. :P  I was surprised someone else didn't snatch them up.
RE: RE: RE: SciFi & Anime expo - Toronto Sept 1-3 - come! by Chris4 on 09-02-2006 at 12:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TReKiE
quote:
Originally posted by Curtis
So can I go?!?!?

Nope, I bought them.. :P  I was surprised someone else didn't snatch them up.

Have fun! :D
How much did you pay? ;D
Are you meeting Patchou?
Take photos!! (P) :o