Shoutbox

BUG? -> cryptographic key couldnt be generated on this computer! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: BUG? -> cryptographic key couldnt be generated on this computer! (/showthread.php?tid=65582)

BUG? -> cryptographic key couldnt be generated on this computer! by Eminence on 08-30-2006 at 02:27 AM

Hello, i have a problem on one of my maschines.
The only difference between them is that one is WinXPpro and the other one is WinXPmediacenter ...both have the same WLM-version and the latest msgpluslive-version running. But on the winXPmce i can't use the encryption-feature :(
I get the following error:
cryptographic key couldnt be generated on this computer!

But i have used the encryption before WLM/MPL with the old MSN/MP-Combo...any ideas?

RE: BUG? -> cryptographic key couldnt be generated on this computer! by RaceProUK on 08-30-2006 at 10:12 AM

MP!L uses a new encryption algorithm, so you may need to install the latest version of the Windows Cryptography libraries.

RE: BUG? -> cryptographic key couldnt be generated on this computer! by Eminence on 09-02-2006 at 12:38 AM

...and what is the exact solution?
I never have this problem before, but i read here, that there are many users with that kind of problem, if they want to use the crypt-funktion...

What have i to do to fix this?

RE: BUG? -> cryptographic key couldnt be generated on this computer! by RaceProUK on 09-04-2006 at 11:29 AM

The Microsoft website should have a redist package for the latest Cryptography libraries. That and Windows Update are always good places to start.