Shoutbox

Unlimited Nudges script - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Unlimited Nudges script (/showthread.php?tid=65583)

Unlimited Nudges script by BrendanL on 08-30-2006 at 02:49 AM

Can anyone create a script for me that allows Unlimited Nudges so you don't have to wait a while to do a nudge again. If you can, would you please create it? Thanks.

RE: Unlimited Nudges script by NiteMare on 08-30-2006 at 02:55 AM

i don't think it can be done with a script, but you can try patching WLM with the mess patch (www.mess.be) or the a-patch (www.apatch.tk i think)

RE: Unlimited Nudges script by BrendanL on 08-30-2006 at 02:57 AM

I know about that stuff but the Mess patch and the A-patch come with a lot of other stuff when I only want the Unlimited Nudge Part.

RE: Unlimited Nudges script by DarkMe on 08-30-2006 at 03:01 AM

In that case just check the box that allow you to send unlimited nudges :p

RE: Unlimited Nudges script by BrendanL on 08-30-2006 at 03:04 AM

But then I'll have crap that just takes room on my (co).

RE: Unlimited Nudges script by DarkMe on 08-30-2006 at 03:06 AM

Then delete it and you're done :tongue:

RE: Unlimited Nudges script by BrendanL on 08-30-2006 at 03:07 AM

Is mess.be safe?

RE: Unlimited Nudges script by Reload2 on 08-30-2006 at 03:18 AM

Yes it is :) Actually it's one of the first msn messenger website and all its stuffs are safe :) Click here to download Mess patch for 8.0.0812

quote:
Originally posted by BrendanL
But then I'll have crap that just takes room on my (Smilie)
Well, the mess patch is only 307kb so it won't take a lot of room on your pc :/
RE: Unlimited Nudges script by BrendanL on 08-30-2006 at 03:27 AM

I got the mess.be patch but I don't see an unlimited nudges option.

RE: Unlimited Nudges script by Matti on 08-30-2006 at 08:23 AM

When you are in the checkboxes panel, open up the "Conversation Window Options" and check "Disable Nudge Protection". ;)

RE: Unlimited Nudges script by Underlord on 08-30-2006 at 09:21 AM

I'm certain it can be made with a script.

RE: Unlimited Nudges script by absorbation on 08-30-2006 at 10:29 AM

Patches don't take any room on your PC, they directly edit the hex values within the program :)

RE: Unlimited Nudges script by CookieRevised on 08-30-2006 at 12:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Underlord
quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
i don't think it can be done with a script
I'm certain it can be made with a script.
Indeed, it can perfectly be done...

example on how to do it can be found in my Idle on demand script.
RE: Unlimited Nudges script by Kenji on 08-30-2006 at 12:22 PM

Or you could just get nudge mania :P here

RE: Unlimited Nudges script by skyserpent on 08-30-2006 at 02:11 PM

so is anyone going to have a go at the script

RE: Unlimited Nudges script by ForestPlus! on 08-30-2006 at 02:17 PM

It would be a nice idea... but why make it a script when u can get mess patch... and mess patch lets you do other things as well?:P[Image: banana_prison.gif][Image: banana_prison.gif]

RE: Unlimited Nudges script by Reload2 on 08-30-2006 at 02:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dazmatic
Or you could just get nudge mania (Smilie) here
Actually this program doesn't make you send unlimited nudge :/ I already try it before and it doesn't work very well neither so the best is to use mess patch
RE: Unlimited Nudges script by saralk on 08-30-2006 at 02:57 PM

There used to be a bug whereby if you set your status to Busy, you could send as many nudges as you wanted to, does that bug still exist?

RE: Unlimited Nudges script by Felu on 08-30-2006 at 03:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
There used to be a bug whereby if you set your status to Busy, you could send as many nudges as you wanted to, does that bug still exist?
Nope its fixed :p. The only ways left(as per me) and the one what i use is Nudge Mania
RE: Unlimited Nudges script by ForestPlus! on 08-30-2006 at 03:34 PM

Mess patch does work but nudge mania may be simpler.. plus setting up mess patch may confuse less technical users:P
Mess Patch is there if anyone wants it just find it in the yellow box near the top left of the site:)

RE: Unlimited Nudges script by Reload2 on 08-30-2006 at 04:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
It was in some MSN Messenger 7.0 beta and it was fixed long time ago :P
RE: RE: Unlimited Nudges script by skyserpent on 08-30-2006 at 05:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ForestLand
It would be a nice idea... but why make it a script when u can get mess patch... and mess patch lets you do other things as well?:P[Image: banana_prison.gif][Image: banana_prison.gif]

yes i know, i use messpatch but the script would be good for developing into other scripts. basically, i would like it if someone had a go
RE: Unlimited Nudges script by CookieRevised on 08-30-2006 at 05:14 PM

quote:
Is mess.be safe?
It is as safe as any other patch. A patch changes code in a program. If the patch screws it up (because it patches the wrong address because you are trying to patch a different version than for what the patch was intended, unexpected stuff might happen like crashes).

MessPatch, as well as the other very well known A-patch are tested and used by thousands of people. But this still does not garantuee they are bug free of course. As a matter of fact, certain stuff in those patches have sideeffects and can screw up addons like Messenger Plus!. Patches should always be used at your own risk.

Also, hard-patching (= physically changing program code on disc) is illegal. Note that it is not because everybody does it that it is not illegal. Soft-patching (eg: a script like requested here) is less illegal (if there is such a thing), thus still not totally 100% legal as you still change programming code, you only don't modify the physical files.

Tutorials and detailed explanations related to patching:

What's the difference between disassembling and decompiling?
CookieRevised's reply to Decompile dll

How do you know what bytes to patch (and other questions):
CookieRevised's reply to [Tut-Updated 08/04/05] Resource Hacking - Hex Editing

What is hex-editing and patching:
CookieRevised's reply to Help with understanding.

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
Patches don't take any room on your PC, they directly edit the hex values within the program :)
true... however, one inaccuratie here... they don't change hex values. A hex value is only a means to display a certain byte value. You can also display it as a decimal number, binary number, octal number, ascii character, whatever... Patches change bytes. And those bytes form the code of the program.

Hex values are only a way to represent those bytes and codes.

quote:
Originally posted by ForestLand
but why make it a script when u can get mess patch...
1) Because a script can be turned on/off on the fly.
2) You don't have the drawback that other features don't work anymore because you patched msgr...
3) etc...

quote:
Originally posted by skyserpent
the script would be good for developing into other scripts.
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
example on how to do it can be found in my Idle on demand script.

RE: Unlimited Nudges script by BrendanL on 08-30-2006 at 07:42 PM

RE: Unlimited Nudges script by CookieRevised on 08-30-2006 at 10:39 PM

I had some free time, here is the script.

Enable/disable the delay by going to the Plus! script icon menu.
The current state of the delay is stored per user.

I wont include the removal of the shaking as this script is already a bit against my principles (as it might encourage flooding). Though, I could change my mind later when I'm in a very good mood and have some time... and if I don't forget it.

THIS SCRIPT WILL ONLY WORK ON WLM 8.0.0792, 8.0.0812, 8.1.0106, 8.1.0168 and 8.1.0178.

If you run it on another version, the script will _not_ patch messenger and therefor it is impossible that this script would cause problems on any other version.

Previous downloads: 686

RE: Unlimited Nudges script by Chris4 on 08-30-2006 at 11:43 PM

Thanks Cookie. Nice script.

RE: Unlimited Nudges script by ForestPlus! on 08-31-2006 at 08:10 AM

Yes i must admit, very good script (and very basic, so likely theres no bugs:P)  Why not submit it to the scripts database?

quote:

I wont include the removal of the shaking as this script is already a bit against my principles (as it might encourage flooding). Though, I could change my mind later when I'm in a very good mood and have some time... and if I don't forget it.

Isn't there a feature built into messenger that allows you to stop the shaking? If not i don't remember how i did mine:P
RE: Unlimited Nudges script by linx05 on 08-31-2006 at 02:04 PM

No there isn't ForestLand. You must patch it to stop the shaking.

RE: Unlimited Nudges script by ForestPlus! on 08-31-2006 at 02:09 PM

That coulda been what i ment (since i use A-patch and mess-patch):P

RE: Unlimited Nudges script by Chocolatino on 11-11-2006 at 04:56 PM

I Dowloaded it but its causing problems onthe messenger how do i remove it from the system?

RE: Unlimited Nudges script by BrendanL on 11-11-2006 at 05:03 PM

You find the script on your computer and delete it completely like delete it then delete it from the Recycle Bin and delete it from the scripts section in Messenger Plus!. Though you could probably get a better explanation from someone else since I'm not good at explaining this sort of things.

RE: Unlimited Nudges script by Jimbo on 11-11-2006 at 05:07 PM

quote:
You find the script on your computer and delete it completely like delete it then delete it from the Recycle Bin and delete it from the scripts section in Messenger Plus!. Though you could probably get a better explanation from someone else since I'm not good at explaining this sort of things.
Lol good try. bit complicated to understand.

quote:
Originally posted by Chocolatino
I Dowloaded it but its causing problems onthe messenger how do i remove it from the system?
First to go to plus>>prefereneces>>scripts and delete unlimited nudges
Then go to C>>programfiles>>messenger plus live>>scripts>> and if unlimited nudges is still here, delete that folder

RE: Unlimited Nudges script by Chocolatino on 11-11-2006 at 05:07 PM

thank i know u meant well, but were are the files and the scripts

ok thnks
RE: RE: Unlimited Nudges script by BrendanL on 11-11-2006 at 05:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted Jimbodude
First to go to plus>>prefereneces>>scripts and delete unlimited nudges
Then go to C>>programfiles>>messenger plus live>>scripts>> and if unlimited nudges is still here, delete that folder.

This is correct...............................for some people. Not all people decide to click Run so the script goes to C>>programfiles>>messenger plus live>>scripts>>. Other people (like me) might decide to save it in another folder so they know where to find it.

Note: I'm not sure if what I said makes sense, just letting ya' know.
RE: Unlimited Nudges script by CookieRevised on 11-12-2006 at 12:31 AM

quote:

To remove a script go to the Plus! script preferences:
Plus! > Preferences > General > Scripts

There you select the script you want to remove and you press on the "Remove" button...

After confirming the message the script will be removed from Plus! and the files will be removed from your hard disk.

If Plus! gives a warning that not all files were removed, then you first need to exit Messenger completely. After that you can manually remove the remaining files by going to the script's installation directory. This directory is usually in the form: "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts\name_of_script\"

Plus! can not completely remove all the files of a script if the script was using external libraries (like ActiveX OCXs, .NET libraries and DLLs).

------------------

As for this "Unlimited Nudges" script:

- That script is highly version dependant and will only work on Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0792 and 8.0.0812.
- If you run it on another Messenger version, the script will _not_ patch messenger and therefore it is impossible that this script would cause problems on other Messenger versions.
- The script does not use any external libraries, so you can simply remove it as described above and all files will be deleted automatically

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbodude
Then go to C>>programfiles>>messenger plus live>>scripts>> and if unlimited nudges is still here, delete that folder
If files are still in a script's folder after you tried to remove the script from the script list in Messenger Plus!, it means that those files are locked. You wont be able to delete them as long as Messenger is still running.

quote:
thank i know u meant well, but were are the files and the scripts
ok thnks
Do not remove scripts manually. Always remove them by going to the Plus! script preferences. Only when Plus! gives you a warning that not all files could be deleted, you must exit messenger and remove the remaining files.

quote:
This is correct...............................for some people. Not all people decide to click Run so the script goes to C>>programfiles>>messenger plus live>>scripts>>. Other people (like me) might decide to save it in another folder so they know where to find it.

Note: I'm not sure if what I said makes sense, just letting ya' know.
When you install a script it will _always_ be installed in the "scripts" subdirectory of Messenger Plus!. You can not install it anywhere else.

Where you store or save the scriptpack is another matter. That is a file like any other file and can be stored anywhere you like. But we're not talking about that though.

quote:
but i don't think thats what is affecting my msn
Correct, it would be very strange (but not impossible, though very very strange) that this script would affect your Messenger in a bad way. It is especially made so it wont do any damage if you don't have the correct messenger version.

quote:
(quick question whene i trouble shoot it it says my gate way is offline any 1 know what to do?)
Follow the instructions given in the troubleshooter. Read everything carefully... But note that this hasn't got anything todo with this script.

quote:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=65583&pid=722072#pid722072 this link has the perfect patch for unlimited nudging and its well easy to use and it only affects nudging no sid orders if u catch my drift.
ermmm that makes no sense. First you post here saying you want to remove this script, next you post a message saying it is the script to use??? This is what this whole thread is about. Don't go off topic...

And do not post multiple times after eachother. This is also not allowed (it is called double posting).

RE: Unlimited Nudges script by questsin on 01-21-2007 at 04:01 AM

what about WLM 8.1.0168_ClientV8.1?

RE: Unlimited Nudges script by Sebby on 02-01-2007 at 12:12 AM

lol what about the final release now? ....

RE: Unlimited Nudges script by Eljay on 02-03-2007 at 06:47 PM

I've updated the script to support 8.1.0178.
I have also sent a message to CookieRevised so he can update his post with the new version.

EDIT: Script removed on Cookie's request.

RE: Unlimited Nudges script by CookieRevised on 02-04-2007 at 12:03 AM

updated

PS: please do not rerelease any of my scripts.

RE: Unlimited Nudges script by psycho_maniac on 03-05-2007 at 12:52 AM

ok there used to be a way that you could send a million nudges. this how it was set up. in the old msgplus3 or whatever you would set up a quick text for /nudge to be /nudge and it would send a zillion nudges till you closed the window? I want this back because I have some people that really piss me off. Adding me to group convos every day when i tell them not to. i tried it to start a chain reaction like
/nudgee=
/nudge
/nudge
/nudge
/nudgee

so then it would go on forever but this doesn't work.

RE: Unlimited Nudges script by markee on 03-05-2007 at 01:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by psycho_maniac
ok there used to be a way that you could send a million nudges. this how it was set up. in the old msgplus3 or whatever you would set up a quick text for /nudge to be /nudge and it would send a zillion nudges till you closed the window? I want this back because I have some people that really piss me off. Adding me to group convos every day when i tell them not to. i tried it to start a chain reaction like
/nudgee=
/nudge
/nudge
/nudge
/nudgee

Ever heard of Block?  There are other ways of dealing with situations rather than nudging them continuously.
RE: RE: Unlimited Nudges script by BrendanL on 03-05-2007 at 02:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by markee
quote:
/nudgee=
/nudge
/nudge
/nudge
/nudgee

Ever heard of Block?  There are other ways of dealing with situations rather than nudging them continuously.

Yes there are other ways of dealing with these kind of situations but nudging is the best solution :P.
RE: RE: RE: Unlimited Nudges script by psycho_maniac on 03-05-2007 at 06:02 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by markee
quote:
/nudgee=
/nudge
/nudge
/nudge
/nudgee

Yes there are other ways of dealing with these kind of situations but nudging is the best solution :P.

yes it is. One time I did the /nudge command that would go on forever to my cousin whos computer would slow down A LOT with just one nudge well i went to bed after i hit that and he hated me it was funny.
RE: Unlimited Nudges script by High Speed Chaser on 03-05-2007 at 06:16 AM

it was put there for a reason so you can't annoy people so why do you want to annoy your contacts

RE: Unlimited Nudges script by Cool Fruits on 03-05-2007 at 06:42 AM

Ummm BORING just download MDL and check the box where it lets you send unlimited nudges. Then you can just keep clicking the nudge button to piss off people. That script nudges to slowly. Download an autoclicker or powernudger (made in VB Script) and use that they send like 10 nudges per second. Bummer how you can change your status to busy and nothing happens...

RE: Unlimited Nudges script by High Speed Chaser on 03-05-2007 at 07:50 AM

yeh they can also block you so you can't nudge anyone anymore

RE: Unlimited Nudges script by CookieRevised on 03-05-2007 at 11:34 AM

BrendanL, do not abuse the unlimited nudges facility. This is just as bad (even worse) than people who "annoy" you.
It is abusive stuff like this why there are buildin limits been made in quicktexts and why you normally can't send multiple nudges. Aka: such abusive use of features leads to limitation for genuine use and people who do not abuse such stuff.

Cool Fruits, You suggest to download MDL to remove the nudges limit... If you read this thread you'll notice that this thread is exactly about a script which does exactly the same. No need for anything else...

PS: if more abusive suggestions are made, or more people use the script for abusive stuff, I'll remove it and will never ever update it anymore for future WLM releases... sorry for those who didn't abused it and only used it for genuine use.

RE: RE: Unlimited Nudges script by BrendanL on 03-06-2007 at 12:43 AM

quote:
BrendanL, do not abuse the unlimited nudges facility. This is just as bad (even worse) than people who "annoy" you.
It is abusive stuff like this why there are buildin limits been made in quicktexts and why you normally can't send multiple nudges. Aka: such abusive use of features leads to limitation for genuine use and people who do not abuse such stuff.

Cool Fruits, You suggest to download MDL to remove the nudges limit... If you read this thread you'll notice that this thread is exactly about a script which does exactly the same. No need for anything else...

PS: if more abusive suggestions are made, or more people use the script for abusive stuff, I'll remove it and will never ever update it anymore for future WLM releases... sorry for those who didn't abused it and only used it for genuine use.

Don't worry. My friends are cool with the unlimited nudges thing. I don't send them constantly for 5 minutes, I just do a couple or so nudges and that's it.
RE: Unlimited Nudges script by MicroWay on 03-06-2007 at 01:38 AM

Sometime ago, a friend started doing it, don't remember if all the time.....
So... Thats why I disabled the Window Shake from Nudges... :P
Now I just recieve the text message (without noise/shake)... (Y)

Forgot to say: I have disable the nudge delay (before the script)..
Now I haven't the delay and have the script... so, if he tries again.... (6)

RE: Unlimited Nudges script by psycho_maniac on 03-06-2007 at 09:40 AM

Everybody i know has the patch and disables the nudge shake so it dont really harm them.Jjust shows the text. If im really good with them i don't do it at all. Then on accident I still apologize