Shoutbox

[Request] Status on the contact`s nickname - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Request] Status on the contact`s nickname (/showthread.php?tid=65665)

[Request] Status on the contact`s nickname by Firehalk on 08-31-2006 at 08:17 PM

Well, I dont remember in what version of messenger it existed, but some version ago on my contact list the status of the user used to appear at his nickname (something like: Richard (Busy), while now it is just Richard).

Is there a way to put it back?

RE: [Request] Status on the contact`s nickname by Pure_BY on 08-31-2006 at 08:49 PM

Yes, with Mess patch (you can find and download it from Mess.be)

But I agree, if this will be possible with a script, it would be much better... What I do not like about mess patch, is that it really shows the status as if it is part of contact's name (in black color, between brackets behind his real nick). With Script it would be possible to use Plus! color codes to make it grey (as it should be), and you would be able to easily switch the feature off, if you don't like it.

RE: [Request] Status on the contact`s nickname by Firehalk on 08-31-2006 at 09:58 PM

Yes, that's why I think will be pretty useful if someone create a script to do such a thing.

It's not that hard I think, just capture the user status (there is a cmd that do that if I remember) and then print it in some gray color behind the contact's nickname.

The problem is that I don't know the language to script, so I think it's better I keep my mouth closed.

RE: [Request] Status on the contact`s nickname by Jesus on 08-31-2006 at 11:02 PM

the status is easy to get. the biggest problem will be in putting it after the contact's name...

If plus!'s far-superior-to-WLM's-silly-attempt-for-custom-names feature would return, with scripting options ofcourse, this will be a lot easier.

RE: RE: [Request] Status on the contact`s nickname by CookieRevised on 08-31-2006 at 11:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pure_BY
Yes, with Mess patch (you can find and download it from Mess.be)

But I agree, if this will be possible with a script, it would be much better... What I do not like about mess patch, is that it really shows the status as if it is part of contact's name (in black color, between brackets behind his real nick). With Script it would be possible to use Plus! color codes to make it grey (as it should be), and you would be able to easily switch the feature off, if you don't like it.
If you use messpatch for this, the status is shown as it is shown because that is how messpatch has made it to be shown.

In other words, if you want to show the status differently (grey color, after the name) you need to alter the resources of Messenger yourself, just as messpatch does, but instead of using the layout messpatch uses, use your own layout.
RE: RE: RE: [Request] Status on the contact`s nickname by Pure_BY on 09-01-2006 at 08:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevisedIf you use messpatch for this, the status is shown as it is shown because that is how messpatch has made it to be shown.

In other words, if you want to show the status differently (grey color, after the name) you need to alter the resources of Messenger yourself, just as messpatch does, but instead of using the layout messpatch uses, use your own layout.

Well, I believe you that this is possible, but the problem is that I'm really not that advanced user... :) If it can be changed with Resourse Hacker, I can try (if you tell me, how :P), but I'm no expert in other complicated tools and file editors...
RE: [Request] Status on the contact`s nickname by CookieRevised on 09-01-2006 at 02:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pure_BY
Well, I believe you that this is possible, but the problem is that I'm really not that advanced user... :) If it can be changed with Resourse Hacker, I can try (if you tell me, how :P), but I'm no expert in other complicated tools and file editors...
Yep you need to change it using a program like Resource Hacker (in fact this is also the exact same thing what MessPatch and A-Patch does for things like this: they edit the resources)...

I need to lookup the correct locations myself though, can't help you with that atm.

RE: [Request] Status on the contact`s nickname by Firehalk on 09-01-2006 at 10:09 PM

Cookie, no rush, but when you have time please take a look at that for us.

We will appreciate that.

Thanks!

RE: [Request] Status on the contact`s nickname by Pure_BY on 09-02-2006 at 12:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Firehalk
Cookie, no rush, but when you have time please take a look at that for us.

We will appreciate that.

Thanks!
Yes! We would :)