Shoutbox

MSN appearing offline but i'm online! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSN appearing offline but i'm online! (/showthread.php?tid=65689)

MSN appearing offline but i'm online! by d4n4 on 09-01-2006 at 01:51 PM

OOH!!! Help!!!
I have no idea..
But my MSN appears OFFLINE to everyone else...
But it says ONLINE on my screen!!!
What is wrong??? I don't know what to do....

Please help!!! :^)

Thank you

RE: MSN appearing offline but i'm online! by Chris4 on 09-01-2006 at 01:54 PM

Are you using MSN Messenger or Windows Live Messenger? What version?
You can check the version number by going to Help > About Messenger

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
The reason why you appear offline to your contacts (and to yourself, since you've added yourself) is because of a bug in the Messenger protocol which still exists. Many people have experienced this. All you can do is sit it out.
Staying offline while I'm online, WLM 812

Search before you post.
RE: MSN appearing offline but i'm online! by SeteMares on 09-01-2006 at 02:41 PM

Ok
Im using WLM, and I have the same problem, after I install the Plus version in my office and the probleme start, when I install the Plus in my house, the problem start too....

RE: MSN appearing offline but i'm online! by CookieRevised on 09-01-2006 at 02:51 PM

This is a Messenger problem not a Messenger Plus! problem. There is also no relation between installing or reinstalling Messenger and the bug. It can occur from time to time to anyone.

RE: RE: MSN appearing offline but i'm online! by SeteMares on 09-01-2006 at 03:04 PM

Ok, and do you know if it have sollution? its happen in 21 Agoust

RE: MSN appearing offline but i'm online! by duc on 09-01-2006 at 03:15 PM

Today I experience the same problem, and it's very annoying. Hopefully it will be fix soon

RE: MSN appearing offline but i'm online! by SeteMares on 09-01-2006 at 11:51 PM

Hi, after contact Microsoft, they told me same experiences to do, and sudently I appear Online, I recommend to whait about 30 min or more whit the msg open
see

RE: MSN appearing offline but i'm online! by Nagamasa on 09-02-2006 at 01:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4

Staying offline while I'm online, WLM 812

Search before you post.

RE: RE: MSN appearing offline but i'm online! by noelchiew on 09-02-2006 at 06:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SeteMares
Hi, after contact Microsoft, they told me same experiences to do, and sudently I appear Online, I recommend to whait about 30 min or more whit the msg open
see

I have this problem too about the offline and online bug.

Sorry but i do not quite understand you. Are you saying after contacting microsoft, they gave you instructions that solved the problem? If so can you explain and share what are they?
RE: MSN appearing offline but i'm online! by SeteMares on 09-02-2006 at 09:30 AM

Ok, I sent you a private mensage whit a "excert" from the answar of WL suport...
They give me some instrutions, one told to whait some 30 min or more....

RE: RE: MSN appearing offline but i'm online! by folieadeux on 09-02-2006 at 06:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SeteMares
Ok, I sent you a private mensage whit a "excert" from the answar of WL suport...
They give me some instrutions, one told to whait some 30 min or more....

Hi, would you mind posting what support told you to do? :)  I'm having a huge problem with this the last couple days and would love to fix it.
RE: MSN appearing offline but i'm online! by ShaggyC on 09-02-2006 at 07:36 PM

I've also had this problem, for 3 days now. I jus want to ask, to those of  you who've had it dissapear simply by waiting, how long did you wait?

And also, posting the fix (if any) would be sick

RE: MSN appearing offline but i'm online! by noelchiew on 09-03-2006 at 05:04 AM

Thanks SeteMares for your pm. For everyone affected, here's the translation of his pm to english, corrected by me to make more sense.

quote:
If you are still able to exchange messages instantaneously with contacts, but appears in the offline status to them, wait for 30 minutes so that the temporary inconveniences of the server are solved. You can continue exchange messages with contacts during this time.

I don't think it works for me simply by waiting though.
RE: MSN appearing offline but i'm online! by Redokee on 09-03-2006 at 04:21 PM

Hello pls help!

I'm Online but my partners dont see me!!! How can i fix this problem? :$

RE: MSN appearing offline but i'm online! by ShaggyC on 09-03-2006 at 04:41 PM

I read that it's possible to change which WLM server you connect to...how is this done?

RE: MSN appearing offline but i'm online! by Redokee on 09-03-2006 at 04:56 PM

how can i change server?

RE: MSN appearing offline but i'm online! by CleonGR88 on 11-04-2006 at 02:10 AM

anybody know how to change the server??? I have tried EVERYTHING else that is offered as a solution here...