Shoutbox

[Release] Winamp Media v1.4 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Release] Winamp Media v1.4 (/showthread.php?tid=66212)

[Release] Winamp Media v1.4 by phalanxii on 09-14-2006 at 06:40 AM

23 SEPTEMBER 2006
- WINAMP MEDIA -
VERSION 1.4

Heaps of credit to -dt- who created the Winamp object (in his "Music now playing") and the "setNowPlaying" function!

This is not the most original script, but I myself find it very useful. It adds support for the "What I'm Listening To" for Winamp (tested for 5.24). I'm aware that there are many plugins and patches that can already do this, but none of them function the way I require. This script does not require any plugin in Winamp.

Features:
  • Winamp support for "What I'm Listening To"
  • Internet radio support for "What I'm Listening To" (with a filter ¹)
  • "ninemsn digital music downloads" support for when link is clicked
  • Reversable media message (Title - Artist or Artist - Title)
  • Customisable media message (with title, artist, album and year)
  • Status options for when to display the message (playing, paused and/or stopped)
  • Priority options for compatibility with other media changing scripts ²
  • File extension filter (useful to disable message when video is playing)
  • Configuration window for ease of use (hover your mouse over the options to get help on how to use them)
¹ Filter can be edited in the script; the filter currently removes urls, connection data (like "[ICY 200 OK]"), bracketed words (radio station) and "requested by ___" (for my own needs :D)
² None priority is identical to Windows Media Player (changes one time when media is changed); low priority changes only when no other media is present; medium priority (default) changes when other media is present, but not when the Winamp song is blank; high priority changes when other media is present, even if Winamp song is blank

This script is quite complex. First of all, it takes the information from the ID3 tag. If the ID3 tag does not exist (internet radio, midi files) or is blank (untitled music), it will take information from the string given directly by Winamp.

If even after that, there is no title or artist, it will replace it with "Unknown Title", etc. These "unknown" strings can be changed inside the script (Settings.js). The separator (default is " - ") can also be changed there.

The priority option simply ensures that there is no big clash between other scripts, such as AppMon+ or Countdown Live.

Currently, I don't know how to make it support Asian characters, however it can support accented characters, etc. (if Winamp can display it, then so can the script). Also, I don't know how to make it not display when video is played. Any help in these areas would be good.

Feel free to ask questions on how to use it (it's not that hard to understand :S) and post some comments and feedback.

Update Version 1.4 - updated meta info functions to -dt-'s latest "Music now playing"; included custom tags for track number and genre; fixed a "low priority" bug
Update Version 1.3 - added custom separator (default is " - "); added custom "unknown" words (for when WM is unable to retrieve song details); changed configuration window layout; fixed priority code (bug free, but a little slow with updating, though this won't make a difference as your contacts receive the message slow as well)
Update Version 1.2 - added file extension filter (to disable video), fixed up priority slightly (still a bit buggy), fixed up configuration window
Update Version 1.1 - added "none" priority, configurable refresh delay, preview in configuration window!
Update Version 1.03 - changed format tags to avoid confusion and be identical to WMP (use {0}, {1}, {2} and {3} instead), makes event log look neater as if running from WMP; increased check delay to reduce lag :S; optimised code slightly
Update Version 1.01 - minor bug fix (still works without it); added more internet radio filters
RE: [Release] Winamp Media (v1.01) by MeEtc on 09-14-2006 at 11:20 AM

Goodbye Toaster... good riddance!
Hello WA Media!

RE: [Release] Winamp Media (v1.01) by DeLaVega on 09-14-2006 at 10:04 PM

You've got a major problem in there, after I installed it worked fine but then I noticed something was wrong. WLM's process was hogging more than 200 Mb of Ram and it kept growing. It stopped after I disabled your script (disabled all of my scrips 1 for 1 to make sure wich one was causing the problem). WLM returned to the normal 60Mb after I restarted it.

RE: [Release] Winamp Media (v1.01) by DarkMe on 09-14-2006 at 10:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DeLaVega
You've got a major problem in there, after I installed it worked fine but then I noticed something was wrong. WLM's process was hogging more than 200 Mb of Ram and it kept growing. It stopped after I disabled your script (disabled all of my scrips 1 for 1 to make sure wich one was causing the problem). WLM returned to the normal 60Mb after I restarted it.
the same here :sad:
RE: RE: RE: [Release] Winamp Media (v1.01) by phalanxii on 09-14-2006 at 11:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
quote:
Originally posted by DarkMe
quote:
Originally posted by DeLaVega
the same here :sad:

I must say I'm not getting this problem at all. Mines stays at the ussual 10-20k mark

For me, Messenger stays at the 50-60mb mark, regardless of whether the script is turned on or not. The only explanation I can give is that, in order for the script to be accurate, it needs to continually check whether Winamp is playing something (a downside of this script rather than having Winamp send the information).

The only solution that I can give you (not sure if it will work, because I don't have this problem) is to change the check rate.

If you edit the script, go to "Events.js" and find the code:
code:
function OnEvent_Timer(TimerId) {
    WnMd_SetWinampMedia(WnMd_Priority);

MsgPlus.AddTimer("WnMd_MediaRefresh", 100);
}
Where it says 100 (in bold), change that to a larger number. The number is in milliseconds (default 100 milliseconds = 0.1 seconds), so I'd suggest changing this to anything from 500 to 5000. If it's too big, you will find that it will have a huge delay updating.

Try that for now, if it doesn't fix it, I'll try to find something else. :S (Sorry for lagging your computers everybody!)
RE: [Release] Winamp Media v1.1 by phalanxii on 09-15-2006 at 08:16 AM

Ok, I've made a big update this time. In v1.03, I changed the format tags and refresh delay. Now in v1.1, I've added these new features:

• "None" priority (identical to Windows Media Player priority)
  • Configurable refresh delay in configuration window
  • Preview in configuration window!
See the first post to download. :) Hopefully this will work better for everyone.
RE: [Release] Winamp Media v1.2 by phalanxii on 09-16-2006 at 07:45 AM

Updated to v1.2:

• Added file extension filter (default settings disable video)
  • Fixed priority options
  • Fixed configuration window
I believe that this update basically completes the script. I have no need for further features, but I will update if things are suggested, bugs need to be fixed or if there is a better way of doing some of the functions. Hope you all enjoy it. :)
RE: [Release] Winamp Media v1.2 by ForestPlus! on 09-16-2006 at 10:17 AM

Works fine here, allthough i may not keep  it (i had it just to test, i like testing thingies)

RE: [Release] Winamp Media v1.2 by minipatchou on 09-16-2006 at 12:12 PM

Works good here, upload it to the script database.
i only tested it for a bit i just need to test things but winamp is to confusing for me..so back to wmp.

RE: [Release] Winamp Media v1.3 by phalanxii on 09-17-2006 at 05:26 AM

Alright, this is the final update (v1.3) before I submit it to the DB. This basically adds all configurable settings to the configuration window (except the filter). I've also fixed up the priority options so there should be no problems now.

If there are any problems, please let me know. Enjoy! :)

RE: [Release] Winamp Media v1.4 by phalanxii on 09-23-2006 at 06:55 AM

Hehe, one more update (now v1.4). This one is fairly important, as it updates the metadata functions to those in the latest version of -dt-'s "Music now playing", which in my opinion are definitely more efficient than the previous functions. This version also fixes a bug in the "low priority" option (no more bugs, I promise :)).

PS. Sorry for double posting... :$

RE: [Release] Winamp Media v1.4 by Mizery_Made on 09-25-2006 at 06:42 PM

I noticed something about your script, might be a bug, might just be the way it's designed. But it doesn't always show the full title. For example, I tag my music in the following fashion:

quote:
Crooked I - Boom Boom Clap [Remix] (ft. Conyac, Horse Shoe Gang and Mykestro)

It displays nearly perfect, except it ALWAYS leaves off the "(ft.)" and it's contents within, no matter what the song. If I have a "(ft.)" on it, it always prunes it. :\
RE: RE: [Release] Winamp Media v1.4 by phalanxii on 09-26-2006 at 02:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mizery_Made
I noticed something about your script, might be a bug, might just be the way it's designed. But it doesn't always show the full title. For example, I tag my music in the following fashion:

quote:
Crooked I - Boom Boom Clap [Remix] (ft. Conyac, Horse Shoe Gang and Mykestro)

It displays nearly perfect, except it ALWAYS leaves off the "(ft.)" and it's contents within, no matter what the song. If I have a "(ft.)" on it, it always prunes it. :\

Yes, that would have to be because of the filter in Winamp Media. However, if you tagged your music properly, I'm not sure how the script could have pruned your bracketed words. The script only applies its filter if it is unable to retrieve meta info, which only happens if a) there is no ID3 tag enabled or b) you are listening to internet radio.

If your scenario is a), it most likely means that you have not tagged your music properly (ie. you have only named your music by its filename). All you need to do is add some ID3 tags:
  1. Open your music with Winamp.
  2. Open the track information by pressing Alt+3.
  3. Add your information here.
  4. Click Update.
If you have a lot of music to tag, then you might want to consider using a batch tagging program, otherwise see the second set of instructions in scenario b).

If your scenario is b), it is slightly more complicated. The filter was designed to remove the station name to avoid interference with the title and artist name, but you can do this in Winamp:
  1. Open Winamp.
  2. Open your preferences by pressing Control+P.
  3. Go to the Plug-ins tab.
  4. Go to the Input tab.
  5. Select Nullsoft MPEG Audio Decoder 3.52 [in_mp3.dll].
  6. Click Configure.
  7. Go to the Streaming tab.
  8. In Streaming extensions, untick Include stream name in title.
You will also need to edit the Winamp Media script:
  1. Sign in to Windows Live Messenger.
  2. Open your Messenger Plus! Live preferences.
  3. Go to the Scripts tab.
  4. Select Winamp Media.
  5. Click Edit.
  6. In the Current Script File, select Settings.js.
  7. Scroll down and find the line:
    code:
    var WnMd_Filter = new Array(/http:\/\/\S*\b/, /\[Connecting\] /, /\[ICY 200 OK\] /, /\[Buffer: \d*%\] /, / +\(.*?\)/g, / requested by .+$/);
  8. Remove the red text (or remove the whole line if you want).
  9. Click Save All.

Hopefully one of these two solutions will fix your problem. :)
RE: [Release] Winamp Media v1.4 by Mizery_Made on 09-26-2006 at 09:13 AM

Silly me, turns out, I didn't have WinAmp running when I noticed this. Instead, it was MediaMonkey that I had playing. Though, it works perfectly fine in WinAmp (showing the "(ft.)") but a side note, removing that line you mentioned fixes the problem with MediaMonkey. :)

RE: [Release] Winamp Media v1.4 by ChromeX on 10-31-2006 at 08:15 PM

IS it only me, but when i click on Custom it shows Now Playing - " Title - Artist" instead of usual Title - Artist. I mean i cant get it to reverse Artist - Title

RE: RE: [Release] Winamp Media v1.4 by phalanxii on 11-01-2006 at 05:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ChromeX
IS it only me, but when i click on Custom it shows Now Playing - " Title - Artist" instead of usual Title - Artist. I mean i cant get it to reverse Artist - Title

Could you perhaps explain that again? I don't quite understand what you mean... :S

If all you want is the default display format of Title - Artist, then select "Default". If you want it reversed like Artist - Title, then check the "Reversed" checkbox.

The "Custom" box allows you to create a personalised tag using {0} (title), {1} (artist), {2} (album), {3} (year), {4} (genre) and {5} (track number). So let's say you wanted to have your current media in the format of I am listening to Mozart's The Magic Flute, written in 1791, then you would put "I am listening to {1}'s {0}, written in {3}" in the box.

If you don't know what anything does, try reading the tooltip (by hovering your mouse over an option).
RE: [Release] Winamp Media v1.4 by ChromeX on 11-01-2006 at 06:54 PM

quote:
If all you want is the default display format of Title - Artist, then select "Default". If you want it reversed like Artist - Title, then check the "Reversed" checkbox.

I don't have the reversed checkbox in the script..

Maybe i have to reinstall it
RE: [Release] Winamp Media v1.4 by psycho_maniac on 11-02-2006 at 03:14 AM

is there any screen shots we can see of this script in action?

RE: RE: [Release] Winamp Media v1.4 by phalanxii on 11-02-2006 at 08:03 AM

Just to help both of you in one post, here's some screenshots of the configuration in v1.4:

[Image: wm1ip9.png]     [Image: wm2wj9.png]

@ChromeX: Check if the "Reversed" checkbox is there like in the screenshot.

@psycho_maniac: These are the options that you can use to configure your now playing. If you have any questions about any feature, just ask.

RE: [Release] Winamp Media v1.4 by ChromeX on 11-02-2006 at 05:45 PM

thanks for your replies phalanxii, but i get this in the configuration:
[Image: faghgahmx8.jpg]

RE: [Release] Winamp Media v1.4 by phalanxii on 11-03-2006 at 05:08 AM

That's really strange... When you reinstalled the script, did you remove previous versions first?

Also, it would be really helpful if you could upload a file for me. First go to where Messenger Plus! Live is installed (ie. C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live), then go to Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts\Winamp Media. In there, there should be a file called Interace.xml. If you could attach that it would be great. (Y)

Thanks for your co-operation and understanding. :)

RE: [Release] Winamp Media v1.4 by Mr. Blonde on 11-03-2006 at 11:49 AM

I got the same problem:

[Image: errorap3.jpg]

I also attached my Interface.xml (rarred)

RE: [Release] Winamp Media v1.4 by ChromeX on 11-03-2006 at 07:08 PM

Here is the Interface:

RE: [Release] Winamp Media v1.4 by folley on 11-03-2006 at 07:21 PM

How can I access the configuration window?
thanks

RE: [Release] Winamp Media v1.4 by Jimbo on 11-03-2006 at 08:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by folley
How can I access the configuration window?
thanks
Click the plus! icon, the scroll down to winamp media, then click config.
RE: [Release] Winamp Media v1.4 by phalanxii on 11-04-2006 at 01:56 AM

I'm not entirely sure what the cause is, but I think that the following update might fix it for you guys. (Another screenshot would be good. (Y))

This seems like quite a big problem, so I will probably recode the script when I get time (I've got exams in a few weeks :().

Thanks for all your help.

RE: [Release] Winamp Media v1.4 by ChromeX on 11-04-2006 at 09:59 AM

I tried your fix mate, but i got the same results :(

Waiting for a new fix

RE: [Release] Winamp Media v1.4 by phalanxii on 11-05-2006 at 05:00 AM

Man, this is not good... I honestly have no idea what's going on... *-) I guess you'll have to wait for when I recode the script (which may be some time from now). Don't worry, my script isn't that great anyway. :P For now I've made this Lite Version of my script if you really want to use it. To change settings, you will need to change the script directly:

1. Click on the Plus! icon or menu in the contact list.
2. Go to "Preferences...".
3. Go to the "General" tab at the top.
4. Go to the "Scripts" tab on the left.
5. Select "Winamp Media Lite".
6. Click the "Edit..." button.
7. Change the "Current Script File" to "Settings.js".
8. Edit the settings found in the second top chunk by changing the values coloured in red:

code:
var WnMd_Priority = 0; // 0 = None, 1 = Low, 2 = Medium, 3 = High (Number)
var WnMd_Display = new Array(false, true, false, true); // Stopped, Playing, Unopen, Paused (true/false)
var WnMd_Reverse = false; // Artist - Title (true/false)
var WnMd_Custom = "Now Playing: \"{0}\" by \"{1}\""; // {0} = Title, {1} = Artist, {2} = Album, {3} = Year, {4} = Genre, {5} = Track # (Use "\" in front of "'"s) (String)
var WnMd_Format = 0; // 0 = Default, 1 = Custom (Number)
var WnMd_Refresh = 1000; // Refresh in Milliseconds (Number)
If you have any questions on what to change, feel free to ask. Sorry to everyone who can't get the full version to work. I will start working on a new version once I get the time. :)
RE: [Release] Winamp Media v1.4 by ChromeX on 11-05-2006 at 09:35 AM

Ye it works now by manually editing the settings.js :)

RE: [Release] Winamp Media v1.4 by mrgone on 06-18-2007 at 05:03 PM

i just can´t make it work, i installed it, but exactly how do i do to get the "now playing" title + artist to go on my personal msg....?

RE: [Release] Winamp Media v1.4 by KatieScarlett on 06-18-2007 at 06:55 PM

Hello,
This script works like a charm, works well with the latest WinAMP Pro. :)
Thanks a bunch. (F)