Shoutbox

To Boot Someone - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: To Boot Someone (/showthread.php?tid=66387)

To Boot Someone by Ooz on 09-17-2006 at 09:50 PM

I'd like to know if is it possible to boot/kick someone from a group chat, once I've invited them

Thanks

RE: To Boot Someone by prashker on 09-17-2006 at 09:51 PM

No you cannot...but you can say ".pif" without the quotes and it will kick everyone ;-)

RE: To Boot Someone by Ooz on 09-17-2006 at 09:53 PM

Is it a bug? Hahaha, nice...
What actually '.pif' does?

RE: To Boot Someone by Chris4 on 09-17-2006 at 09:55 PM

No, you can't. But apprently if you type ".pif" in a conversation, it kicks everyone out of the conversation :P It's incase someone sends a .pif virus, I'm guessing.

There's a script that tells you when someone has added you in a conversation and you can accept/decline it. If you decline, it kicks everyone out by saying ".pif" :P Group Chat Warning 0.5

Too slow :sad:

RE: To Boot Someone by Ooz on 09-17-2006 at 10:01 PM

Thanks
I thought of it was in case of a virus
Interesting
I installed the plugin
Thanks
But, in the scrip, when you decline, it always send a .pif in order to kick everyone or can i configure whether I want them to be kicked?

RE: To Boot Someone by Chris4 on 09-17-2006 at 10:06 PM

Go to Plus! > Preferences > Main > Scripts, and edit the Group-Conversation Warning script, see the two lines:

code:
Window.SendMessage(".pif");
Window.SendMessage("/close");

You can delete them if you wish.
RE: To Boot Someone by Nathan on 09-17-2006 at 10:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSpam
No you cannot...but you can say ".pif" without the quotes and it will kick everyone ;-)
False,
Microsoft had found this bug and have updated it, so it only kicks you.
So that script isnt usefull in the kickage way any more
RE: To Boot Someone by deAd on 09-17-2006 at 10:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan

False,
Microsoft had found this bug and have updated it, so it only kicks you.
So that script isnt usefull in the kickage way any more
Well actually, from what I've been seeing in all the versions since (and including) 7.5 beta, it sometimes kicks you and sometimes the contacts. Besides, if they'd fixed this, .pif wouldn't have any effect :^)
RE: To Boot Someone by Nathan on 09-17-2006 at 10:33 PM

.pif would have effect *sigh*
.pif is a nasty virus so when you try to use/send it in a convo it will kick you to stop you using it.

From my knowledge a .pif fileis basically, an information file that when you click on it the information in the file is used by Windows to run some program; including code that can be in the PIF file.

RE: To Boot Someone by Ooz on 09-17-2006 at 10:38 PM

So... it kicks me? Let's supose a 4 people chat group
If i wrote .pif I'm gonna be kicked... and they are gonna continue talking blabla? Or everybody is automaticly kicked? Probably the second option, because it would not have reason, once u can just quit the conversation :P

RE: To Boot Someone by Nathan on 09-17-2006 at 10:42 PM

It will just kick you.
and it will most likely say:
"  You are having temporary network problems and are no longer in this conversation."

RE: To Boot Someone by Volv on 09-18-2006 at 06:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ooz
If i wrote .pif I'm gonna be kicked... and they are gonna continue talking blabla? Or everybody is automaticly kicked? Probably the second option, because it would not have reason, once u can just quit the conversation :p
It used to kick everyone in the conversation but MSN realised that it was being exploited to disrupt group conversations so they changed it such that only you are kicked and all other members of the conversation remain.
RE: To Boot Someone by NiteMare on 09-18-2006 at 06:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Volv
quote:
Originally posted by Ooz
If i wrote .pif I'm gonna be kicked... and they are gonna continue talking blabla? Or everybody is automaticly kicked? Probably the second option, because it would not have reason, once u can just quit the conversation :p
It used to kick everyone in the conversation but MSN realised that it was being exploited to disrupt group conversations so they changed it such that only you are kicked and all other members of the conversation remain.
yeah, they made group chats mroe annoying, no more kicking everyone

RE: To Boot Someone by Deco on 09-18-2006 at 01:43 PM

I sent a chat bot the other day. I made it so that you can kick people from it. But it's a little different from msn chat. GIve it a shot.