Shoutbox

Multiple acounts Vs multiples scripts - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Multiple acounts Vs multiples scripts (/showthread.php?tid=66550)

Multiple acounts Vs multiples scripts by AlfmaniaK on 09-23-2006 at 12:42 AM

Hi there,
I was wondering if its possible to import a script into one acount only, not affecting other acounts when using poligamy?

RE: Multiple acounts Vs multiples scripts by CookieRevised on 09-23-2006 at 01:36 AM

No, scripts are loaded globally.

However, you can make scripts in such a way that only with a certain account the script's functions will be executed, and with other accounts it will do nothing.

For this you need to check the email of the 'allowed' account with the email of the currently logged in user (= Messenger.MyEmail). However, of course this will only work for scripts which don't do stuff in their global scope (before all events are called) or for scripts which do stuff in OnEvent_Initialize for example.

RE: Multiple acounts Vs multiples scripts by AlfmaniaK on 09-23-2006 at 01:52 AM

Thanks for the quick reply.
After that, is there any way to build a script that manage the other scripts?
What I was thinking right now was a script (loaded globally) where we could set wich user acount should trigger the available scripts. If there is no way to do this, is it wrong if I edit the scripts one by one to match the acount I want?

RE: Multiple acounts Vs multiples scripts by CookieRevised on 09-23-2006 at 01:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by AlfmaniaK
Thanks for the quick reply.
After that, is there any way to build a script that manage the other scripts?
Nope, for the same reason: you could alter registry settings, but you can't force Plus! to reload those newly set settings.

eg: scripts are not reloaded, or the enabled/disabled scriptlist is not reread, when a user signs in or signs out; scripts simply keep on running without interuption (the only thing which will happen is OnEvent_SignIn and  OnEvent_SignInReady and such events are called).

Only when Messenger restarts all registry settings are read in again (and when you change stuff via the Plus! preferences window of course).

quote:
Originally posted by AlfmaniaK
If there is no way to do this, is it wrong if I edit the scripts one by one to match the acount I want?
I'm sure no author would have a problem with that. On the condition you do not spread those altered sources and you take in account that you are responsible for any errors this might cause in the scripts.

RE: Multiple acounts Vs multiples scripts by AlfmaniaK on 09-23-2006 at 02:17 AM

Thanks!