Shoutbox

problem with live - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: problem with live (/showthread.php?tid=66569)

problem with live by cdy on 09-23-2006 at 05:56 PM

any version of live crashes when i try to log on? but windows messenger works fine.i get an error report to msn pic attached,does it on any live messenger install,tried uninstall and reinstall and still same.
any help would be appreciated.

RE: problem with live by Nagamasa on 09-23-2006 at 07:53 PM

Have you recieved an error code?

RE: problem with live by cdy on 09-23-2006 at 08:24 PM

no no error code just whats in the picture.the pic is attached in the gif,thats all i get before it closes down and i have to attempt to open it again,just happens all the time i open it and attempt to log on.

RE: problem with live by Nagamasa on 09-23-2006 at 08:32 PM

So you get this between the time you click sign in and when your contact list appears correct? Has it ever worked?

RE: problem with live by cdy on 09-23-2006 at 11:14 PM

it worked ye but i cant remember what happened for it to stop.the error starts as soon as i enter my name and pass and it starts to log in,the actual msn is working behind the error then stops working and dies.leaving me with the error message still.

RE: problem with live by Chris4 on 09-23-2006 at 11:20 PM

Try uninstalling Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live from Control Panel > Add Remove Programs. Then delete folders 'MSN Messenger' and 'Messenger Plus! Live' in \Program Files\. Reboot your computer. Then download Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live. Install Messenger, see if it works, then install Plus! Live and see if you have the same problem.

RE: problem with live by cdy on 09-24-2006 at 12:14 AM

still get the same unfortunatly :(

RE: problem with live by Chris4 on 09-24-2006 at 12:52 AM

Search the forum, crashes accour all the time, just like yours. Or search Google.

Are there any programs that could be interfearing? Firewall? etc.
Do you have any other programs installed for Messenger, like Smiley Central etc.?

RE: problem with live by CookieRevised on 09-24-2006 at 01:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by cdy
no no error code just whats in the picture. the pic is attached in the gif,thats all i get before it closes down and i have to attempt to open it again,just happens all the time i open it and attempt to log on.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=733093]
RE: problem with live by cdy on 09-24-2006 at 08:10 AM

error.jpg

dont know how to add images so i have a link to imageshack,hope thats ok?
but i get this no matter what version of live i use.thanks for the help its appreciated loads.
greetz

RE: problem with live by cdy on 09-24-2006 at 03:44 PM

ive sorted the problem heh i formatted windows :S
thanks for all the help people its much appreciated.

:)