Shoutbox

Help with colored nicknames. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Help with colored nicknames. (/showthread.php?tid=66812)

Help with colored nicknames. by Zeh on 09-30-2006 at 02:57 PM

Ok so I have some questions about colored nicknames.

1. Will people without wlm plus! see the colors in my nick or will the see the code?
2. Will people with plus! set to use mirc formating see the colors of people using BB formating and vice versa?

RE: Help with colored nicknames. by Mnjul on 09-30-2006 at 03:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Zeh
Ok so I have some questions about colored nicknames.

1. Will people without wlm plus! see the colors in my nick or will the see the code?

They will see the code.
quote:
2. Will people with plus! set to use mirc formating see the colors of people using BB formating and vice versa?
Yes.
RE: RE: Help with colored nicknames. by markee on 10-01-2006 at 03:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
quote:
Originally posted by Zeh

Yes.

It should also be noted that if you use BBCode then contacts using MP! 3.xx will only see code, only people using MP!L will see it as colour.
RE: Help with colored nicknames. by Chris4 on 10-01-2006 at 03:11 AM

In conclusion,

People with MSN Messenger and Messenger Plus! 3.xx can only see colour in IRC codes.
People with Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live can see colour in both IRC and BBCode.

RE: Help with colored nicknames. by Zeh on 10-01-2006 at 01:39 PM

Ohh ok. And is it possible to make gradients with irc code? Because when I set it to irc code it only uses it for normal color, it still uses bb code for bold, italic, underlined and gradient.

RE: Help with colored nicknames. by Jimbo on 10-01-2006 at 04:46 PM

it is possible to make gradients using IRC code but it is a lot longer, so you would have to have a short WLM name
If you need help with makeing your gradient PM me zeh