Shoutbox

Need help! (checked "Don't ask me again") - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Need help! (checked "Don't ask me again") (/showthread.php?tid=67189)

Need help! (checked "Don't ask me again") by fireloss on 10-11-2006 at 01:01 AM

My Live Messenger 8 doesn't have file sharing enabled. However, whenever someone sent me a file sharing request, a notification box comes up. I accidentally clicked on "Don't ask me again". However, I would like to know when someone does that so that I can tell them that I cannot use it. How can I uncheck this selection? I cannot find the way to do that under tools ---> options.

Many thanks!

RE: Need help! by Chris4 on 10-11-2006 at 01:09 AM

Try... clicking this button on Messenger, may pop-up with a message to enable Shared Folders.

[Image: 1wc3.png]

If no success, try going to Tools > Options > Shared Folders and tick the box.

RE: Need help! by fireloss on 10-11-2006 at 01:12 AM

Thanks. However, when I tried that, it still wouldn't let me check or uncheck that "don't ask me again" option. Do you know any other ways?

RE: Need help! by Chris4 on 10-11-2006 at 01:19 AM

No I don't sorry. You could try reinstalling Messenger (Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs).

RE: Need help! by fireloss on 10-11-2006 at 01:25 AM

Well I tried that as well. It still doesn't show up. Do you know if this setting is somewhere in the registry?

RE: Need help! by Panachiba on 10-11-2006 at 01:38 AM

maybe if you delete the folder of the msn...
and clean installation (search in the forum)

RE: Need help! by fireloss on 10-11-2006 at 01:40 AM

I did that, together with the cache, history, local settings, etc, and still it won't work... :(

RE: Need help! by DarkMe on 10-11-2006 at 01:45 AM

maybe disabling the option at Tools>Options>Files Sharing>use sharing folders instead of....

RE: Need help! by fireloss on 10-11-2006 at 01:46 AM

Yes, it's "greyed out" so i actually cannot even check the box. So this is not quite an option...