Shoutbox

Problems loging in - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Problems loging in (/showthread.php?tid=67445)

Problems loging in by suleicaholguin on 10-18-2006 at 03:04 PM

Hi
For about 2-3 days I've been having problems loging in my messenger account. I tried on several computers, tried the web.messenger, and the windows messenger too and nothing worked. Its like my account is having problems. When i try to do it it says it failed because the service is temporarily unavailable and the error code is 81000314. But its strange because other people sign in in my same computer and their accounts do work.

Please I need your help cause I use this for work to communicate with the persons I work with.

Waiting for your answer ASAP.
Suleica Holguin

RE: Problems loging in by Felu on 10-18-2006 at 03:15 PM

Server Side Issue... Try this temporary fix.

quote:
Originally posted by linx05
Just put these two lines in your host file:

65.54.239.80 messenger.hotmail.com
65.54.239.80 dp.msnmessenger.akadns.net

Restart WLM and it should work.

Just make sure you remove the two lines from the host file in a day or so when the problem is fixed.
Learn more about hostfiles - http://www.accs-net.com/hosts/how_to_use_hosts.html.
RE: Problems loging in by Slacker on 10-18-2006 at 03:22 PM

Im also having the same problem, i cannot log on on my main account but can on another account on the same PC using the same WLM. Thanks Felu, but could you please explan in more detail how to use the "temporary fix". It would be very much apreciated. Thanks.

RE: Problems loging in by Felu on 10-18-2006 at 03:28 PM

Go to Window Directory > Windows > system32 > drivers > etc . After that you'll find a hosts file without an extension. Open it in a next editor like notepad. Go to the last line and put the following lines -

code:
65.54.239.80 messenger.hotmail.com
65.54.239.80 dp.msnmessenger.akadns.net
Restart Messenger and you're done [Image: msn_wink.gif].

Moreover in about a day remove these so that your messenger won't cause problems when the server is up [Image: msn_happy.gif].

RE: Problems loging in by suleicaholguin on 10-18-2006 at 03:38 PM

Do I just add it to what is already there?

:((( It didnt work!!!!

RE: Problems loging in by Felu on 10-18-2006 at 03:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by suleicaholguin
[Image: msn_sad.gif](( It didnt work!!!!
Its a server side error. Many people on my contact list are offline for the past 1 hour. If the that didn't work then i can't say anything except to wait for the issue to be resolved. That may take some more hours. After all i'm neither Microsoft nor God [Image: msn_tongue.gif].
RE: Problems loging in by CookieRevised on 10-18-2006 at 03:47 PM

please see "CookieRevised's reply to Contacts problem" for the possible cause and fix of the sign in problems people are experiencing these couple of days.

RE: Problems loging in by suleicaholguin on 10-18-2006 at 04:07 PM

CookieRevised, I did what u suggested too and it didnt work either. :( Guess Ill have to open a temporary user (account) to work while the problem fixes itself. :s

Thanks anyways all.

RE: Problems loging in by fbc on 10-18-2006 at 04:20 PM

Like suleicaholguin, your fix doesn't solve my problem :/

I hope it'll quickly be fixed !

RE: Problems loging in by CookieRevised on 10-18-2006 at 04:38 PM

http://status.messenger.msn.com/Status.aspx

quote:
The .NET Messenger Service is temporarily experiencing difficulty. You may be unable to sign in. If you are signed in, some features may be unavailable. Please try again later.
Last Update: 10/18/2006 9:24:00 AM Pacific Time (GMT -8:00)

seems MS is working on it...
RE: RE: Problems loging in by fbc on 10-18-2006 at 04:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
http://status.messenger.msn.com/Status.aspx

quote:
The .NET Messenger Service is temporarily experiencing difficulty. You may be unable to sign in. If you are signed in, some features may be unavailable. Please try again later.
Last Update: 10/18/2006 9:24:00 AM Pacific Time (GMT -8:00)

seems MS is working on it...

Good news :D
RE: Problems loging in by Slacker on 10-18-2006 at 04:48 PM

Hmm i hope they get a fix soon.... its really annoying me now. I can still get on msn, but with another account so i do not ahve access to alot of stuff i need. Anyway thanks for your help cookie and felu. Im sure MS will have it fixed in an hour or so.

RE: Problems loging in by fbc on 10-18-2006 at 08:56 PM

Problem solved : my account is now working :)

RE: Problems loging in by Slacker on 10-18-2006 at 09:19 PM

Same, thanks everyone :)

RE: Problems loging in by phydeauxiii on 10-18-2006 at 09:51 PM

I used the host fix shown here...it works fine, however how will i know to remove the hosts ip? will messenger stop working again?

RE: Problems loging in by Felu on 10-19-2006 at 04:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by phydeauxiii
I used the host fix shown here...it works fine, however how will i know to remove the hosts ip? will messenger stop working again?
You can remove those lines now. The servers appear to be fine
quote:
All systems are stable and running.

Just remove those lines.. you won't receive such an error unless the server has problems again [Image: msn_tongue.gif].
RE: Problems loging in by phydeauxiii on 10-19-2006 at 04:15 PM

i'm getting the same error now on my pc, again this solution works,  I also removed this fom the laptop and again the error occured,though the service status suggest everything is fine. Wheres the best place to report this error, as i'm getting it on 2 different machines, also is there a security problem in using this solution?