Shoutbox

[BETA] Imitate Script - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [BETA] Imitate Script (/showthread.php?tid=68087)

[BETA] Imitate Script by MrT on 11-05-2006 at 02:47 PM

this is my imitate script.it is first :D

Bug 1:
  you talking person1 and person2
  script saves person1's color,type,style
  try to imitate person2
  your imitated color is person1's color

Bug 2:
  this script can't imitate font type.how can i change current font?

i don't know another bug *-)

NOTE: this script doesn't work for wireless connections ;)

Version: Beta2

(sorry my english.i'm from Turkey)

//Thanks to CookieRevised for Notifier - Typing
//Thanks to Plik for getLocalIp()
//Thanks to Pai for Xniff
//Thanks to Sander112 for contactsay

RE: [BETA] Imitate Script by MicroWay on 11-05-2006 at 03:00 PM

Sorry my question, but how to use it??? :S

RE: [BETA] Imitate Script by MrT on 11-05-2006 at 03:05 PM

/imitate [you message]

sorry :(

RE: [BETA] Imitate Script by MicroWay on 11-05-2006 at 03:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MrT
sorry :(

Ohhh... No Problem!!!
Thanks for the help
;)
RE: [BETA] Imitate Script by phalanxii on 11-05-2006 at 10:42 PM

I haven't tried this, but perhaps to get around "Bug 1", you can save the font color, type and style for each person.

For example (sorry, I looked through the code :S), bir, iki and uc could all be made into arrays, and the font information can be stored in each element, ie. bir[contact@domain.com] or iki[123456789] (user ID). Then when you send the message, you check who you are sending it to, and access the font information using that.

RE: [BETA] Imitate Script by aNILEator on 11-05-2006 at 11:08 PM

I've been a tester of such a script that can correctly imitate, I think development has stopped for now however :S

Odd really, it was starting to show potential

RE: [BETA] Imitate Script by CookieRevised on 11-05-2006 at 11:20 PM

MrT,

To add to what phalanxii has said: you need to take into consideration that several contacts can talk to you at the same time. And that a user could want to imitate a contact who hasn't spoken last.

So only storing the last text parameters from the last contact who spoke to the user is not going to work. Do as phalanxii suggested: use an array to store the information, indexed by the contact's email _and_ by the user's email(**). And remove the array element when the chat window of that contact is closed(***).

** highly important if you don't want to screw things up when the current user signs out and a new user sign in. Another way around this and probably much more convenient in this case: empty the array when the user signs out.

*** be carefull. There can be multiple contacts in 1 chat window (multi-contact or group chats).

PS: without looking at the code: I can't see the use of my "typing notifier" code in this script though.

RE: [BETA] Imitate Script by MrT on 11-06-2006 at 05:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
MrT,

To add to what phalanxii has said: you need to take into consideration that several contacts can talk to you at the same time. And that a user could want to imitate a contact who hasn't spoken last.

So only storing the last text parameters from the last contact who spoke to the user is not going to work. Do as phalanxii suggested: use an array to store the information, indexed by the contact's email _and_ by the user's email(**). And remove the array element when the chat window of that contact is closed(***).

** highly important if you don't want to screw things up when the current user signs out and a new user sign in. Another way around this and probably much more convenient in this case: empty the array when the user signs out.

*** be carefull. There can be multiple contacts in 1 chat window (multi-contact or group chats).

PS: without looking at the code: I can't see the use of my "typing notifier" code in this script though.

quote:
Originally posted by phalanxii
I haven't tried this, but perhaps to get around "Bug 1", you can save the font color, type and style for each person.

For example (sorry, I looked through the code :S), bir, iki and uc could all be made into arrays, and the font information can be stored in each element, ie. bir[contact@domain.com] or iki[123456789] (user ID). Then when you send the message, you check who you are sending it to, and access the font information using that.

thanks for help.
i use window handle but it doesn't work in group chats.it only work 1-1 chat
RE: [BETA] Imitate Script by Matti on 11-06-2006 at 07:04 PM

Also note in your first post that this doesn't work for wireless connections, due to the way of the Xniff object. ;)

[offtopic]
* Matti sighs...
* Matti wants to have Xniff on his wireless...
[/offtopic]

RE: [BETA] Imitate Script by cloudhunter on 11-07-2006 at 03:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
Also note in your first post that this doesn't work for wireless connections, due to the way of the Xniff object. ;)

Not strictly true... I use Xniff myself, and it works on my wireless :)

Cloudy
RE: [BETA] Imitate Script by bgmrk on 11-12-2006 at 04:47 PM

is ne1 still working on this script? maybe a  pro scripters could get together and master this.

i have wireless and would love for this script to be fully functional for wireless :)

RE: [BETA] Imitate Script by MrT on 11-13-2006 at 08:50 PM

i don't know wireless conneciton well but
have your wireless connection got static IP?

xniff.IP = getLocalIp();       --->        xniff.IP = "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"

*OR*

getLocalIp() gets last IP
i have three network adapter: bluetooth,hamachi and ethernet
i disabled bluetooth and hamachi
and it's working (Y)

RE: [BETA] Imitate Script by watzels on 02-09-2007 at 10:28 AM

how about the bug where its doesnt change the name back........
it changes name to ur friends - posts the message - changes your name back to original - then in about 3 secs(or less) it changes your name back to your contacts name...... this is VERY anoying!

RE: [BETA] Imitate Script by riahc4 on 02-13-2007 at 08:40 PM

Doesn't work. Gives me a error when I try to import.

RE: [BETA] Imitate Script by Menthix on 02-26-2007 at 07:31 PM

Script imports fine here.

RE: [BETA] Imitate Script by riahc4 on 02-26-2007 at 09:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
Script imports fine here.
Could you upload the version you have? Ive downloaded it several times and it does not work.
RE: [BETA] Imitate Script by Menthix on 02-26-2007 at 09:26 PM

Just downloaded the one from the first post of this thread, re-uploaded it to http://random.menthix.net/Imitate_beta2.plsc maybe your download got corrupted somehow.

I am currently using Plus! 4.20 beta (which will be released to public in a few days), so it could also be just on your Plus! version. Maybe someone else can confirm that.

I'm currently using:
MP!L 4.20 beta3 (4.11.0.260)
WLM 8.1.0178.00

RE: [BETA] Imitate Script by riahc4 on 02-27-2007 at 12:02 AM

quote:
Just downloaded the one from the first post of this thread, re-uploaded it to http://random.menthix.net/Imitate_beta2.plsc maybe your download got corrupted somehow.

I am currently using Plus! 4.20 beta (which will be released to public in a few days), so it could also be just on your Plus! version. Maybe someone else can confirm that.

I'm currently using:
WLM 8.1.0178.00
Same error tells me

"An error occured while importing the script files"

Messenger Plus! 4.11.0.254
Windows Live Messenger 8.1.0178.00
Windows Vista Ultimate

Other scripts import just fine.

RE: RE: [BETA] Imitate Script by CookieRevised on 02-27-2007 at 12:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
quote:

I'm currently using:
WLM 8.1.0178.00
Same error tells me

"An error occured while importing the script files"

Messenger Plus! 4.11.0.254
Windows Live Messenger 8.1.0178.00
Windows Vista Ultimate

Other scripts import just fine.
I have no problems importing it using Plus! 4.11.254 and WLM 8.1.0178... Though, this is on XP.

For Vista, note the comment in the history log for 4.01.240:
quote:
Double clicking on a script pack or a sound pack in Windows Vista works properly (in Vista, it currently requires administrator privileges, you can bypass it by importing the files directly from the Messenger Plus! windows). If you still fail to import a specific script in Windows Vista, delete the entire "C:\Users\accountname\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live" directory and restart Messenger.
This might have something todo with it? dunno
RE: [BETA] Imitate Script by riahc4 on 02-27-2007 at 09:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
This might have something todo with it? dunno
Tried it out; Still doesnt import it.

Could someone try to import it that has Vista?
RE: [BETA] Imitate Script by riahc4 on 03-01-2007 at 07:34 PM

Update: It didnt work on Vista. I upgraded to 4.20 and now it works :).

RE: [BETA] Imitate Script by CookieRevised on 03-01-2007 at 09:59 PM

hmmm... well stuff regarding this (and what I've said in previous post: admin privileges and access rights on importing scripts etc) have changed in the new version, so this might have done the trick.

http://www.msgpluslive.net/download/changelog/

RE: [BETA] Imitate Script by rainbow on 07-09-2007 at 12:01 AM

Everytime i try to imitate someone
The script changes my name to my contacts name, but it doesnt change back, so its kind of...lame?

This happens with every script, like the script called "contact say" or something...

Is it some option i have or something?