Shoutbox

v4.10 contact list popup menu bug > no plus! submenu - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: v4.10 contact list popup menu bug > no plus! submenu (/showthread.php?tid=68854)

v4.10 contact list popup menu bug > no plus! submenu by twigboy on 11-25-2006 at 10:25 PM

hi there

i right click on a contact on my contact list and the popup menu i get seems to be missing the "plus!" menu item where i can pick from
- contact information
- open logs
- floating contact
- etc

i'm currently using
- MSN Live 8.0.812
- Patched with messPatch

Also tried with scripts off.

The menu worked before upgrading to MsgPlus v4.10 (i beleive i was using 4.01, not sure of the exact build version though)

screenshot at
http://img165.imageshack.us/my.php?image=msgplusbugmh6.jpg

RE: v4.10 contact list popup menu bug > no plus! submenu by foaly on 11-25-2006 at 10:33 PM

try installing plus again...
that should fix it...

RE: v4.10 contact list popup menu bug > no plus! submenu by CookieRevised on 11-25-2006 at 10:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by twigboy
hi there

i right click on a contact on my contact list and the popup menu i get seems to be missing the "plus!" menu item where i can pick from
- contact information
- open logs
- floating contact
- etc

i'm currently using
- MSN Live 8.0.812
- Patched with messPatch

Also tried with scripts off.

The menu worked before upgrading to MsgPlus v4.10 (i beleive i was using 4.01, not sure of the exact build version though)

screenshot at
http://img165.imageshack.us/my.php?image=msgplusbugmh6.jpg
First make sure it is a Plus! bug and fix your messenger (thus remove any patches like MessPatch). You can do this by going to Add/Remove programs, selecting "Windows Live Messenger" and choosing "repair".

Second, the contact you're having this trouble with, did you assigned a custom nickname to it?
RE: RE: v4.10 contact list popup menu bug > no plus! submenu by twigboy on 11-25-2006 at 10:46 PM

foaly: tried and didnt work

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
First make sure it is a Plus! bug and fix your messenger (thus remove any patches like MessPatch). You can do this by going to Add/Remove programs, selecting "Windows Live Messenger" and choosing "repair".

Second, the contact you're having this trouble with, did you assigned a custom nickname to it?

ok i've tried repairing it, and it still didnt work (eww now i got ads all over the place)

and no, i dont use custom nicknames
i have tried before with several contacts (online, offline, busy, etc)
sorry i forgot to mention that
RE: v4.10 contact list popup menu bug > no plus! submenu by Felu on 11-26-2006 at 04:52 AM

Do you have SweetIM. Remove it. Should fix your problem. Many people had this problem when they upgraded to 4.1

RE: v4.10 contact list popup menu bug > no plus! submenu by twigboy on 11-26-2006 at 07:22 AM

nope never heard of it before