Shoutbox

A question of plausibility - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: A question of plausibility (/showthread.php?tid=68982)

A question of plausibility by Step666 on 11-30-2006 at 01:24 AM

I was wondering if it were possible/plausible to have a script that when you used a certain keyboard shortcut, it brought up a pop-up menu of different statuses and you could click on one.

I don't think there's anything out there that does this, at least I've been searching for it but having no idea what search term to use other than 'status', I understandably was left digging through quite a mountain of threads with, sadly, no luck - I started going light-headed after a while, it was almost like being stoned except with more of an urge to pass out than to snack.

So, yeah, this isn't a request as such as I don't even know if such a thing would be possible (I suspect/hope it is but I would appreciate it if someone with more knowledge of scripting could confirm this for me).
That said, I suppose that if it is true, then I would quite like someone to make such a thing (I'm a terrible coder myself and am not familiar in any way with how scripting works with msgplus).

Anyway, thanks for reading and especially so if you're able to help.

RE: A question of plausibility by Menthix on 11-30-2006 at 01:28 AM

Should be possible, how to use keyboard shortcuts is explained here: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=68...d=758339#pid758339

Add a nice GUI window to that with statuses, preferable at the position of the mousecursor, and we have ourselves the basis of what you want :D.

RE: A question of plausibility by Spunky on 11-30-2006 at 01:35 AM

Gimme an hour and I'll see what I can do ;)

RE: A question of plausibility by Step666 on 11-30-2006 at 01:36 AM

Well, it's nice to know it's possible.
Thanks for the quick response.

Now all I need to do is teach myself how to write scripts...

edit: scrap that, my knight in shining armour has just pitched up :D

RE: A question of plausibility by Spunky on 11-30-2006 at 02:23 AM

Right, just press ALT+S to open up a window with buttons to switch status... The window opens at the mouse location :p

[Image: statuskey.png]

EDIT: Even managed it in under an hour :D

EDIT2: Attachment Removed. Script now uploaded to the Scripts Database along with new features :p

RE: A question of plausibility by Step666 on 11-30-2006 at 02:34 AM

That is, quite possibly, perfect.

To offer up a little explanation as to why I wanted this, I have a Logitech MX500 bluetooth keyboard.
It has function keys for a messenger program and a status change. Problem is, every time MSN logs out or I restart my computer or whatever, it forgets which status it is I want it to switch to and reverts back to 'Appear offline', very annoying.

However, the Logitech software also allows it to mimic certain keyboard shortcuts, ALT + ..., CTRL + ... or CTRL + ALT + ... - so know I can set it to mimic ALT + S and everything's perfect. In fact, it's better now than it was when the Logitech software worked the way it's meant to.

Thanks.

RE: RE: A question of plausibility by deAd on 11-30-2006 at 03:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
Right, just press ALT+S to open up a window with buttons to switch status... The window opens at the mouse location :p

Just a suggestion: make the statuses in a list box with the status icons appropriately before each item, and pressing S again while its open goes forward and pressing Shift+S goes backwards, and when you release the Alt key it sets the status to the selected item and hides the window (no clicking necessary!)

This can all be done with RegisterWindowNotification, you'll need to listen for WM_KEYUP and WM_KEYDOWN etc.

but good work!
RE: A question of plausibility by Nagamasa on 11-30-2006 at 03:13 AM

quote:

Is it possible to add Personalized Status to the List?
RE: A question of plausibility by ShawnZ on 11-30-2006 at 03:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Step666
Problem is, every time MSN logs out or I restart my computer or whatever, it forgets which status it is I want it to switch to and reverts back to 'Appear offline', very annoying.

There are scripts to remember your last status, of course...
RE: A question of plausibility by Nagamasa on 11-30-2006 at 03:19 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Naga
Is it possible to add Personalized Status to the List?

Not everybody had the same personalised status' though so it would be hard to get which code, tag, psm etc to use... I don't think it's possible

No, I mean for the pop-up Personalized Status thing to appear.
RE: A question of plausibility by Spunky on 11-30-2006 at 03:25 AM

I actually went back and changed what I typed (before posting) but it had already posted ^o)

It shoule pop up when your status changes to away... I'm not sure if there is a way to make it pop up via a script

RE: RE: A question of plausibility by Step666 on 11-30-2006 at 10:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
quote:
Originally posted by Step666
Problem is, every time MSN logs out or I restart my computer or whatever, it forgets which status it is I want it to switch to and reverts back to 'Appear offline', very annoying.

There are scripts to remember your last status, of course...

No, it's not MSN that the problem lies with, the Logitech software forgets which status it was meant to be using.