Shoutbox

Sounds and Text - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Sounds and Text (/showthread.php?tid=69609)

Sounds and Text by GaPx on 12-17-2006 at 05:49 PM

Hi,
I'm using Windows XP Pro with Live Messenger and the latest Messenger Plus and I would like to know how can I send a sound followed by text to my contacts.
For example if I want to say "see You later" I use the command "/sbye seeyou later" and my contact ears the sound and reads the message. But I can't do the same when I use for example a sound called "welcome to Internet". I type the command "/sound welcome to internet" but I cannot add any text because I get an error message saying the sound cannot be found.
Does anyone know how can I do this with the sounds I download?
Thanks in advance

RE: Sounds and Text by duck! on 12-17-2006 at 07:03 PM

As far as i know you cant do this ;)

RE: Sounds and Text by MattyRid on 12-17-2006 at 07:34 PM

If it's how I remember it, to send sounds with the command....you need to go "/sound #<unique sound identification goes here>". The sound identifier is an alphanumeric identification generated by Messenger Plus!.

But in reality, remembering a whole lot of identification number is just a waste of time. Best off sending sounds using the sound panel

RE: Sounds and Text by pollolibredegrasa on 12-17-2006 at 07:51 PM

AFAIK, built in sounds are sent a different way to custom sounds, which is why you cannot do what you want.

For custom sounds, you use /sound <id> or /sound sound-name, so if you enter any text afterwards it will fail to find the sound.

The only way I can see a solution to your problem is to use quicktexts, by setting a shortcut you want which sends the sound you want, followed by the text you want (see images below for example)

Quicktext window

Chat Window

However, sometimes the sound will be sent AFTER the message.

Hope this helps.