Shoutbox

[release] Time N Date Sender -- Click here! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [release] Time N Date Sender -- Click here! (/showthread.php?tid=69658)

[release] Time N Date Sender -- Click here! by roflmao456 on 12-18-2006 at 09:01 PM

original idea from here : click - credit = vaccination

Time N Date Sender; easily send your contacts the time and date in your location so they would know!

Features:

- 12 or 24 hour clock support
- Metric date or standard support
- Ease of requesting time and/or date from your contact (if they have the script)
- Changable commands!
- easy configuration menu!
- Blah Blah!

Default Commands:

- Send Time: /td_time
- Send Date: /td_date
- Send Both: /td_both

if your contact has the script too..

- Request Time: /td_rtime
- Request Date: /td_rdate
- Request Both: /td_rboth

Enjoy.

RE: [release] Time N Date Sender -- Click here! by markee on 12-19-2006 at 02:26 AM

I'm sorry but shouldn't you have given this as recommendations to Vaccination as he only released his script 2 days ago?  I'm quite sure Vaccination was planning on doing something similar too, maybe people need to start asking permission more often before just using code/ideas.

RE: [release] Time N Date Sender -- Click here! by RaceProUK on 12-19-2006 at 10:31 AM

Or maybe they both came up with the idea separately? Anyway, there's nothing wrong with having similar scripts; it'll encourage competition, which will improve the quality of scripts overall.

RE: [release] Time N Date Sender -- Click here! by markee on 12-19-2006 at 10:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
Or maybe they both came up with the idea separately? Anyway, there's nothing wrong with having similar scripts; it'll encourage competition, which will improve the quality of scripts overall.
quote:
Originally posted by roflmao456
original idea from here : click

:dodgy:
RE: [release] Time N Date Sender -- Click here! by roflmao456 on 12-19-2006 at 09:54 PM

idc if you lower my reps as long as im having fun :D

edit: PLEASE NOTE THAT I PUT A LINK TO THE ORIGINAL IDEA!! READ

edit2: how is it stealing?

RE: RE: [release] Time N Date Sender -- Click here! by markee on 12-20-2006 at 12:39 AM

quote:
edit2: how is it stealing?

Plain and simple really.  You took the idea of another person without permission when he only released his script 2 days before and you even say that you got the idea from vaccination.  I would like scripters to show respect for each other's intellectual property, even a PM asking for permission would be enough.
RE: [release] Time N Date Sender -- Click here! by linx05 on 12-20-2006 at 02:24 AM

I don't see how he is stealing at all. A acknowledged the original poster and now has had a crack at it by himself. If there was only one script/program for every idea the internet would be a very different place.

Let him be.

RE: [release] Time N Date Sender -- Click here! by roflmao456 on 12-20-2006 at 12:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by markee
Plain and simple really.  You took the idea of another person without permission when he only released his script 2 days before and you even say that you got the idea from vaccination.  I would like scripters to show respect for each other's intellectual property, even a PM asking for permission would be enough.

at least i  gave him credit for the idea :O
RE: RE: [release] Time N Date Sender -- Click here! by markee on 12-20-2006 at 12:59 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by markee

at least i  gave him credit for the idea :O

Credit is one thing, ask permission is another.

It was actually my idea that I gave to Vaccination and I don't see any credit for me.  Anyway it's not the point and it isn't needed.