Shoutbox

Delete messages after... days - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Delete messages after... days (/showthread.php?tid=70716)

Delete messages after... days by washington2004 on 01-15-2007 at 04:12 PM

Hello,

Is there any plugin/script to automatically delete chat logs after 'x' days(or hours)?

RE: Delete messages after... days by qgroessl on 01-15-2007 at 04:42 PM

This would be an awesome feature... either by script or if Patchou would put it into MsgPlus! Live... I'm suprised nobody's ever thought of that before...

Chat logs do get a bit annoying if they've been there for 3+ years... haha... This would be a good way to prune them from time to time.

RE: Delete messages after... days by Ezra on 01-15-2007 at 04:55 PM

I still have all my logs, I archive them every year, so they don't take up all too much space.

RE: Delete messages after... days by qgroessl on 01-15-2007 at 04:57 PM

But it's much eaiser to get rid of them after a period of time.

RE: Delete messages after... days by Spunky on 01-17-2007 at 03:06 PM

The whole reason behind them is to keep a log of who said what. If you remove them after x hours/days/weeks and so on there would be no point to it at all. If you want to delete logs from the previous month, you can just delete the files (if done chronologically and not per contact)

RE: Delete messages after... days by qgroessl on 01-17-2007 at 03:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
The whole reason behind them is to keep a log of who said what. If you remove them after x hours/days/weeks and so on there would be no point to it at all. If you want to delete logs from the previous month, you can just delete the files (if done chronologically and not per contact)

Yes... that is the whole point of it... and that's exactly it... If we do want to delete logs that are x-months old... It would be nice if it would do it automatically in case we're too busy/lazy to do so...