Shoutbox

[Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Update 1.1.117) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Update 1.1.117) (/showthread.php?tid=71095)

[Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Update 1.1.117) by deAd on 01-27-2007 at 04:00 PM

The original Stickynotes thread can be viewed here. However, please post comments and concerns in this thread rather than the old one.
Note: before you go reporting this thread and whatnot because it's a new one, please keep in mind that in the script winner's email, Patchou specifically asked for it to be in a new thread!

This is a re-release of Stickynotes. It is a newer version meant to be packaged in the special Plus! release for script winners.

Stickynotes will soon be released with Plus! 4.20. For this reason I ask that anybody who can tests it (especially people using polygamy!) and reports all bugs so I can have them fixed by the 25th of February. Thank you!

Stickynotes is a script that lets you add and manage notes on the screen. They appear in customizable windows that can be modified in various ways.

All Stickynotes are customizable. You can change the text (including title), size, color, position (:tongue:), transparency, appearing effects, order of buttons, which buttons are shown, and their theme. There are three themes to choose from.

Download (version 1.1.117): http://msig.h-master.net/dead/Stickynotes.plsc
Stickynotes requires Plus! version 4.11 or above.

Please report any bugs or suggestions you may have. Enjoy!

RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes by warmth on 01-27-2007 at 07:09 PM

when do you have spected to have the new release???

RE: RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes by deAd on 01-27-2007 at 07:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by warmth
when do you have spected to have the new release???

Later today...
RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes by warmth on 01-27-2007 at 07:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by deAd
Later today...
I will wait for it ;)!
RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes by deAd on 01-28-2007 at 02:46 PM

The new version has been released by auto-update! Thanks to Kao for helping me fix the compatibility with multiple monitors and snapping, and thanks to warmth for pointing out two major hotkey errors!

The new version will be available in the database soon.

Note: Auto-update is checked when the script is started, which is usually when Messenger is started.

RE: RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes by warmth on 01-28-2007 at 02:49 PM

quote:
The new version has been released by auto-update! Thanks to Kao for helping me fix the compatibility with multiple monitors and snapping, and thanks to warmth for pointing out two major hotkey errors!

The new version will be available in the database soon.

Note: Auto-update is checked when the script is started, which is usually when Messenger is started.

Your welcome mate... (H) Always here to help!
RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes (Update 1.1.108) by deAd on 01-29-2007 at 02:00 AM

It's been updated in the DB now, so the link in the first post will be the latest version :)

RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes (Update 1.1.108) by ehbk2006 on 01-31-2007 at 04:23 PM

Hello,

Is it possible to add a yellow stickynote with a black tekst in it?

[Image: ietsyq4.jpg]

Although I like yellow stickynotes, I can hardly read them :(.

Greetz.

RE: RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes (Update 1.1.108) by deAd on 01-31-2007 at 09:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ehbk2006
Is it possible to add a yellow stickynote with a black tekst in it?

Although I like yellow stickynotes, I can hardly read them :(.

I might add detection for light colors to set the text to black automatically...:)
RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes (Update 1.1.108) by ehbk2006 on 01-31-2007 at 09:35 PM

Okay thank you :)

RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes (Update 1.1.108) by deAd on 02-15-2007 at 03:15 AM

Stickynotes will soon be released with Plus! 4.20. For this reason I ask that anybody who can tests it and reports all bugs so I can have them fixed by the 25th of February. Thank you!

The download can be accessed in the first post of this thread.

RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes (Update 1.1.108) by deAd on 02-17-2007 at 01:31 AM

I have released a new version of Stickynotes by auto-update. It is not available in the database yet. This version has better support for polygamy and checks for updates only once per week.

Please test it thoroughly, especially those of you using polygamy! You can report bugs here or through the contact link in the about window.

RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Beta Update 1.1.113) by Felu on 02-17-2007 at 04:08 AM

BUG : If you enable HotKeys and one of them is set a None you get an error that the HotKey cannot be registered :P.

quote:
---------------------------
Error
The hotkey to show/hide notes could not be registered. Please check that the hotkey you selected is not already in use.
OK   

Also being able to use Plus formatting tags in the window will be usefull :). Use a RichStaticControl instead :P.
RE: RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Beta Update 1.1.113) by deAd on 02-17-2007 at 04:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Felu
BUG : If you enable HotKeys and one of them is set a None you get an error that the HotKey cannot be registered :P.
Thanks, will fix!

quote:
Also being able to use Plus formatting tags in the window will be usefull :). Use a RichStaticControl instead :P.

I had this originally before it was released, but the tags were not saved properly (GetControlText returns spaces instead of the tags, like if you copy from the chat window) and it showed special characters when it wrapped. :(
RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Beta Update 1.1.113) by Felu on 02-17-2007 at 04:20 AM

quote:
I had this originally before it was released, but the tags were not saved properly (GetControlText returns spaces instead of the tags, like if you copy from the chat window) and it showed special characters when it wrapped. :(
Hmm I see. Why don't you store the text while setting it? And get it back when editing?
RE: RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Beta Update 1.1.113) by deAd on 02-17-2007 at 05:08 PM

quote:
quote:
Hmm I see. Why don't you store the text while setting it? And get it back when editing?

I was thinking of doing that (and actually the text is stored when you edit it now, I changed that for its initial release) but it still shows special characters everywhere when it wraps.
RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Beta Update 1.1.113) by Sunshine on 02-19-2007 at 08:08 PM

On installing your script i got an errormessage:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=790914]

And yes indeed the hotkey was regged already...to OneNote to open a new note...now i did some research to see how many ppl are gonna have this program installed. Microsoft OneNote is part of Office 2007 suites, so maybe it's better to change to another "default" key in the Sticky Notes setup.

Also on installing your script i think it be better to have Hotkeys disabled by default. People can enable them later and/or set the key combinations they want...that way they'll know about the combinations aswell.

[Image: default.aspx?AssetID=ZA101742711033]
Source: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/FX101635841033.aspx

RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Beta Update 1.1.113) by Rolando on 02-19-2007 at 08:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
On installing your script i got an errormessage:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=790914]

And yes indeed the hotkey was regged already...to OneNote to open a new note...now i did some research to see how many ppl are gonna have this program installed. Microsoft OneNote is part of Office 2007 suites, so maybe it's better to change to another "default" key in the Sticky Notes setup.

Also on installing your script i think it be better to have Hotkeys disabled by default. People can enable them later and/or set the key combinations they want...that way they'll know about the combinations aswell.

I had the same problem as well. I completely agree in the two things that you stated; that hotkeys should be disabled by default and that, anyways, the default shortcut should be changed.
RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Beta Update 1.1.113) by deAd on 02-19-2007 at 09:15 PM

Hey guys, thanks! I am going to disable hotkeys by default as per your request (thanks for the visual sunshine :P) but I won't change the default shortcut. It can be changed when the user enables them easily enough ;). The chart you posted shows that less than half of the Office 2007 packages have this software and its hotkey enabled, so it shouldn't be a big problem :)

Thanks, it has been changed and will not be enabled by default in the future. (If you already have it enabled and upgrade it will stay)

RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Beta Update 1.1.113) by CookieRevised on 02-19-2007 at 10:04 PM

quote:
The chart you posted shows that less than half of the Office 2007 packages have this software and its hotkey enabled, so it shouldn't be a big problem (Smilie)
You read the chart wrong I'm afraid....

It is not because there are only 3 dots on a horizontal line for OneNote, that less than half the people are going to suffer from this.

The first dot especially shows that many people are going to suffer from it, since it stands for one of the most common packages of Office2007. The further you go to the right the rarer the packages become since students and other normal users wouldn't be able to afford such high end pro packages, they would have mostly the student and standard versions.

;)
RE: RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Beta Update 1.1.113) by deAd on 02-19-2007 at 10:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
The chart you posted shows that less than half of the Office 2007 packages have this software and its hotkey enabled, so it shouldn't be a big problem (Smilie)
You read the chart wrong I'm afraid....

It is not because there are only 3 dots on a horizontal line for OneNote, that less than half the people are going to suffer from this.

The first dot especially shows that many people are going to suffer from it, since it stands for one of the most common packages of Office2007. The further you go to the right the rarer the packages become since students and other normal users wouldn't be able to afford such high end pro packages, they would have mostly the student and standard versions.

;)

I realized that, but still, as long as they're disabled by default and the shortcuts are customizable, it should be fine ;)
RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Beta Update 1.1.113) by Felu on 02-20-2007 at 10:07 AM

quote:
I was thinking of doing that (and actually the text is stored when you edit it now, I changed that for its initial release) but it still shows special characters everywhere when it wraps.
Erm so when you're storing the text. You can get the text and use SetControlText when needed while editing ;). Get me?
RE: RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Beta Update 1.1.113) by deAd on 02-20-2007 at 09:44 PM

quote:
quote:
Erm so when you're storing the text. You can get the text and use SetControlText when needed while editing ;). Get me?

Yes, and that works fine. In fact, I believe (but honestly I'm not sure since I haven't made changes to the editing mechanism for a while) that it does that currently. The major problem is that when you resize the Stickynotes, special characters appear in the text box as it wraps. This doesn't happen with the standard static controls (except for with line breaks).
RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Beta Update 1.1.113) by deAd on 02-23-2007 at 11:57 PM

Stickynotes has been updated again, you can get it from the first post in this thread :).

URGENT (was: RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Update 1.1.117)) by CookieRevised on 02-27-2007 at 12:31 AM

Stickynotes update notes:

When the user gets a "new update available" window, the release notes are a bit strange:
This version of Stickynotes is even more bugfixes and changes for the final Plus! release.
change to:
This version of Stickynotes is even more bugfixed and changed for the new Plus! release.

("final" to "new" cause there is no such thing as a 'final' version though; a new release will always be 'final' until the next release ;))

More urgent to fix:

Eventhough the user has cancelled the update, a popup may appear from Stickynotes telling that you can't use the hotkey feature (for whatever reason, doesn't matter). But this popup has got no indication at all that it comes from Stickynotes, this needs to change so the user knows from where it comes.

I suggest to change the title. "Warning" is the current title, but it's already clear that it is a 'warning', so better change that to 'Stickynotes v1.1.117' or something.

;)

RE: URGENT (was: RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Update 1.1.117)) by deAd on 02-27-2007 at 12:38 AM

quote:
Stickynotes update notes:

When the user gets a "new update available" window, the release notes are a bit strange:
This version of Stickynotes is even more bugfixes and changes for the final Plus! release.
change to:
This version of Stickynotes is even more bugfixed and changed for the new Plus! release.

("final" to "new" cause there is no such thing as a 'final' version though; a new release will always be 'final' until the next release ;))
Typo :P

quote:
More urgent to fix:

Eventhough the user has cancelled the update, a popup may appear from Stickynotes telling that you can't use the hotkey feature (for whatever reason, doesn't matter). But this popup has got no indication at all that it comes from Stickynotes, this needs to change so the user knows from where it comes.

I suggest to change the title. "Warning" is the current title, but it already clear that it is a 'warning', so better change that to 'Stickynotes v1.1.117' or something.

;)

I have changed the title and it will be included in the next update :) (which will be soon ;))
Stickynotes by Rodney on 02-27-2007 at 05:39 PM

When I add a note and start typing something in it, for some odd reason after a couple of words it starts to act as if I'm keeping some key pressed.
Best explained in a screenshot, see attachment.
It happens with every single note I try, after a seemingly random amount of letters/time. Can anyone confirm?

EDIT: forgot information:
Vista Business
WLM .178
MP!L .261
Stickynotes .122

RE: Stickynotes by Sunshine on 02-27-2007 at 05:53 PM

Can't reproduce on WinXP SP2

Windows XP Service Pack 2 (5.1.2600)
Windows Live Messenger 8.01.0178
Messenger Plus! Live 4.11.0.261

RE: Stickynotes by Eljay on 02-27-2007 at 06:00 PM

Can't reproduce here either, exactly the same versions of everything as in the first post.

Windows XP Service Pack 2 (6.0.6000)
Windows Live Messenger 8.01.0178
Messenger Plus! Live 4.11.0.261

RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Update 1.1.117) by CookieRevised on 02-28-2007 at 05:18 AM

URGENT: Stickynotes still produces popups at startup.

1) At Messenger startup:
- messagebox "The hotkey to add a note can not be registered"
- all the existing notes

2) At user sign in: "update available"

All still not fixed. For the update and the notes, remember that settings are not removed when plus! installs the scripts, so this has the potential to display the update window since it could have been longer than 7 days since the previous version was installed and thus that registry setting set.

RE: RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Update 1.1.117) by deAd on 02-28-2007 at 09:14 PM

quote:
URGENT: Stickynotes still produces popups at startup.

1) At Messenger startup:
- messagebox "The hotkey to add a note can not be registered"
- all the existing notes

2) At user sign in: "update available"

All still not fixed. For the update and the notes, remember that settings are not removed when plus! installs the scripts, so this has the potential to display the update window since it could have been longer than 7 days since the previous version was installed and thus that registry setting set.

1) The Messageboxes I will fix, but the existing notes shouldn't pop up unless you already have Stickynotes installed when you install Plus. In that case, the Plus! wizard shouldn't pop up either :S
EDIT: I've moved this all to signin so it won't be a problem anyways :)
EDIT 2: This doesn't matter because I've fixed it, but hotkeys are disabled on clean installs and people without them *most likely* don't have broken hotkey shortcuts :P

2) Patchou was fine with this, because it is at startup and not initialization ;)
RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Update 1.1.117) by CookieRevised on 02-28-2007 at 10:38 PM

As far as signing in goes, that too shouldn't be done. SendTo had to be adapted again especially for that too (only at sign it showed something in some cases). Same with "if the user already has it" which shouldn't matter, nothing should be shown, ever. It was discussed and Patchou explicitly told this ("I agree the new way is better but I still don't want any message after signin, sorry").

Maybe you might wanna double check this, to make sure...

;)

EDIT: I just got Patchou on the line, he confirmed, what you've said, so (y)
sorry for misunderstanding...

RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Update 1.1.117) by djsolidsnake86 on 03-01-2007 at 09:40 AM

is possible show stickynotes only with msn messenger?

RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Update 1.1.117) by NanaFreak on 03-01-2007 at 09:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by djsolidsnake86
is possible show stickynotes only with msn messenger?
you can only use stickynotes with WLM and MP!L ;)
RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Update 1.1.117) by djsolidsnake86 on 03-01-2007 at 11:13 AM

sorry i wanted mean, show notes when wlm is open and hide when wlm is reduced to icon

RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Update 1.1.117) by NanaFreak on 03-01-2007 at 11:16 AM

do you mean when Messenger is locked? MP!L automatically makes all windows not visible when it is locked.

i hope this is what you wanted

RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Update 1.1.117) by CookieRevised on 03-01-2007 at 11:36 AM

He means when the contactlist is not open.
Which would be indeed a nice option.

RE: RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Update 1.1.117) by djsolidsnake86 on 03-01-2007 at 12:01 PM

quote:

EXACTLY
RE: RE: RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Update 1.1.117) by deAd on 03-01-2007 at 10:46 PM

quote:
quote:

EXACTLY

Sure, I'll include this as an option :) nice idea!
RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Update 1.1.117) by CookieRevised on 03-03-2007 at 02:35 AM

Stickynotes was installed from the Plus! setup...

Now, all of sudden my Messenger signed me out (not because of your script or whatever, just some connection fluke I think), upon signing me back in automatically I suddenly got the message
    "the hotkey to add a note could not be registered"...
After pressing OK the next one pops up:
    "the hotkey to show/hide notes could not be registered"...

However, hotkeys are 1) disable and 2) I don't have any hotkeys selected...

The debug shows:

code:
Script is starting
Script is now loaded and ready
Function called: OnEvent_Initialize
Function called: OnEvent_Signin
<at this point I'm using messenger like allways, when it suddenly signed me out>
Function called: OnEvent_Signin     <-- Messenger signs me in again and StickyNotes popups are shown

RE: RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Update 1.1.117) by deAd on 03-03-2007 at 02:57 AM

quote:
Stickynotes was installed from the Plus! setup...

Now, all of sudden my Messenger signed me out (not because of your script or whatever, just some connection fluke I think), upon signing me back in automatically I suddenly got the message
    "the hotkey to add a note could not be registered"...
After pressing OK the next one pops up:
    "the hotkey to show/hide notes could not be registered"...

However, hotkeys are 1) disable and 2) I don't have any hotkeys selected...

Yes, I noticed this bug recently. I will add a fix and release a new version soon!
RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Update 1.1.117) by djsolidsnake86 on 04-26-2007 at 03:40 PM

when a new version?

RE: RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Update 1.1.117) by deAd on 04-26-2007 at 08:38 PM

quote:
when a new version?

When it's ready :P I've been pretty busy lately, not much time to work on it :(
RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Update 1.1.117) by aC23 on 12-30-2007 at 06:42 PM

BUG: no buttons other than the X button show on the stickynote.