Shoutbox

Script Update Bug under Vista - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Script Update Bug under Vista (/showthread.php?tid=71215)

Script Update Bug under Vista by Islander on 01-30-2007 at 10:24 PM

Hi and hello.

Here go the instructions for crashing WLM using the Plus!-Script-Update.

Requirements:

- Vista Ultimate x64
- WLM 8.1.0178
- Plus! 4.11.0.254
- Firefox 2.0.0.1 default browser
- Administrator Account, UAC activated

Steps:

- Start WLM, open up the browser in order to download the "CountDown In Personal Message 3.0.17" script. Download and install it.
- As soon as it is installed, a window pops up informing about a new version. Click on "Download" and... BOOM! WLM crashes.

Bug - Extended edition:

After following the steps above and seeing WLM crash, start it up again. A windows pops up informing about a new version of the script. Click on "Download" and... BOOM! WLM crashes.

That's all, after the third time Plus! deactivates the script automatically and you can perfom the update manually.

RE: Script Update Bug under Vista by DarkMe on 01-30-2007 at 10:30 PM

This use to happen also for iTunes+ :p

RE: Script Update Bug under Vista by Patchou on 02-11-2007 at 09:25 PM

hum... I guess the developer of CountDown should be notified of this.

RE: Script Update Bug under Vista by RaceProUK on 02-11-2007 at 09:40 PM

Does it happen with UAC turned off?

RE: Script Update Bug under Vista by Menthix on 02-11-2007 at 11:00 PM

CountDown In Personal Message 3.0.17 confirmed with:
- Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit
- WLM 8.1.0178.00
- Plus! 4.11.0.254
- IE7
- Administrator Account, UAC activated

iTunes+ doesn't seem to install at all"
Gives me "An error occurred while importing the script files." after I press Import. Can anyone confirm that?

EDIT: Contacted both creators and linked them to here. Please let me know when you have any problems with a script listed in the Scripts DB under Vista. When the new Plus! build enters beta I will be checking scripts under Vista as much as possible.

RE: Script Update Bug under Vista by alexp2_ad on 02-11-2007 at 11:18 PM

Can't test this right now, since I'm out and about on my ubuntu laptop, but if I remember correctly it'll just be a permissions issue, and if you go into the properties for the scripts folder (or just the scripts with problems) and set them with write permissions for all user groups it'll work fine.

As I say, can't try that now, but I'll do my best to sort it out asap.

RE: Script Update Bug under Vista by NiteMare on 02-12-2007 at 11:28 AM

i'm trying to install vista on VMware right now, but i've come down with the flu today, and don't know how long i can stay up, if anyone with vista wants to take a shot at finding the cause of the crash in my script, please feel free to let me know

thanks

Edit: upon re-reading the thread, it looks like the problem is with -dt-'s update script, which is what my script uses to check for updates. i'll let him know about this, see if he has a fix, if he doesn't, i'll release an update with with the auto-update disabled.