Shoutbox

Some older features - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Some older features (/showthread.php?tid=71561)

Some older features by Flav_cool on 02-10-2007 at 05:55 AM

Hey,

1) I read the FAQ and I see custom names is gone. BUT microsoft's custom names, "add a nickname" sucks! With plus you could add a nickname but still see the contact's real chosen name, which would get updated. With this if you put a custom name, not only does it stay like that forever but there's no way you can see their real name (what they wrote) as far as I can see...

2) Also, I don't see a Plus! timestamp feature anymore? I know WLM has one but I liked it at the beginning of the name, not at the end! Any way to put it at the beginning?

3) Also, this may just be a question for WLM, but there's no more little display pictures by the names in the contact list?

RE: Some older features by Eddie on 02-10-2007 at 06:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Flav_cool
3) Also, this may just be a question for WLM, but there's no more little display pictures by the names in the contact list
The only way i know this can be done is with a patch, you can use messpatch. I don't have a certain answer to number 1 but i think it was removed because it's not possible at the moment, number 3 i have no idea. If there is another way of doing "3)" then someone please post :)

RE: RE: Some older features by Flav_cool on 02-10-2007 at 06:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Shadow
quote:
3) Also, this may just be a question for WLM, but there's no more little display pictures by the names in the contact list
The only way i know this can be done is with a patch, you can use messpatch. I don't have an answer to the other two sorry. If there is another way of doing "3)" then someone please post :)

Yup, I actually have the mess patch set up. BUT if you put on the little pictures, you have them AND the little green guy. You can also take away the little green buddy icon but then you can't tell the person's status... [only in writing]
RE: Some older features by Flav_cool on 02-18-2007 at 08:28 PM

Bump, I'm most concerned with 1)

RE: Some older features by Rolando on 02-18-2007 at 08:34 PM

quote:
Bump, I'm most concerned with 1)

Patch already said he would not add custom nicknames because of MS's feature. He said he was going to consider adding them if there were many problems with this feature however, but there was no further word.
RE: Some older features by Jimbo on 02-18-2007 at 08:34 PM

quote:
but there's no way you can see their real name (what they wrote) as far as I can see...

Just click edit custom nickname then blank it all out so theres nothing there. Then press enter
RE: RE: Some older features by Flav_cool on 02-18-2007 at 08:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbodude
quote:
but there's no way you can see their real name (what they wrote) as far as I can see...

Just click edit custom nickname then blank it all out so theres nothing there. Then press enter

And that ruins the whole point of the feature....
RE: Some older features by Rolando on 02-18-2007 at 08:41 PM

You might want to read MenthiX's reply to missing features. He explains why this feature was not added.