Shoutbox

sign in delay - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: sign in delay (/showthread.php?tid=71615)

sign in delay by saralk on 02-11-2007 at 01:35 PM

There is definatly quite a big delay between a contact appearing in the contact list as online, and Plus! doing anything about it.

I was looking through my contact list when I noticed that my friend Mike was online, but I thought that was strange because he appeared offline in his contact on desktop thing.

In my hase of shock and awe, I forgot to press Print Screen.

Then, as if sensing my state of distress and confusion, Plus! notified me that my friend had signed in and miraculously, Mike's contact on desktop counterpart turned green too!

There must have been about 3 seconds between me noticing this and the alert. However, it could have been way longer, since I only just opened up the contact list.

I guess the secret will die with my Pentium 4.

RE: sign in delay by vikke on 02-11-2007 at 02:35 PM

The delay is probably because MessengerPlus! loads, and that would cause a delay.

Do you use any other addons (which might be slow)?
Do you have a firewall?

RE: sign in delay by MicroWay on 02-11-2007 at 02:40 PM

Maybe too much scripts enabled???

RE: RE: sign in delay by vikke on 02-11-2007 at 02:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MicroWay
Maybe too much scripts???

But scripts doesn't really read protocol data (which I think causes the problem)?
There are such scripts but, they're not that slow.

If you have any scripts, disable them and see if Messenger's faster.
RE: sign in delay by Felu on 02-11-2007 at 03:01 PM

Happens to me too but in a different way. If a contact comes online and appears in my list, a notification toast doesn't come up or comes up after some time. Or sometimes the toast notification doesn't even appear at all. Yes, i have notifications enabled for all contacts and i'm sure that i didn't miss the toasts. I always thought that it was some problem with WLM. I didn't see the Event Notifier to verify but next times i'll make sure to check [Image: msn_happy.gif].

RE: sign in delay by RaceProUK on 02-11-2007 at 09:43 PM

It's possible that there's a delay between the contact coming online and Messenger firing the event that Plus! catches.After all, Plus! minimises the amount of protocol sniffing to help compatibility.