Shoutbox

A Quick Tip For How to fix MSGRES(2).DLL so Msg+ could work - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: A Quick Tip For How to fix MSGRES(2).DLL so Msg+ could work (/showthread.php?tid=71645)

A Quick Tip For How to fix MSGRES(2).DLL so Msg+ could work by Churro on 02-11-2007 at 10:41 PM

Ok ... I had a problem whit MSGRES(2).DLL after installing Msg+ so i deleted it and my Msg+ worked perfect :D ... So here's a tip for u guys who have this problem

First and Last step :
Close Msn and go to C:Program FilesMSN Messenger ( My Computer ,, Local Disk ,, Program files ,, Msn Messenger)
Then click on it to open it and search for MSGRES(2).DLL  then select it and delete it ... Than start your msn and ... TATATATA .. there u have your MsgPlus !

P.s. IM SURE THAT IT WILL WORK !!!!!!!1:D

RE: A Quick Tip For How to fix MSGRES(2).DLL so Msg+ could work by MattyRid on 02-12-2007 at 03:35 AM

Already mentioned in this thread by a post from CookieRevised which gives 2 methods.

RE: A Quick Tip For How to fix MSGRES(2).DLL so Msg+ could work by Patchou on 02-12-2007 at 05:23 AM

Actually, Cookie's post was about msglang.dll... hum... any idea how you got this problem? I'd be interested in reproducing it. Did it happen only after installing Messenger Plus! ?

RE: A Quick Tip For How to fix MSGRES(2).DLL so Msg+ could work by MattyRid on 02-12-2007 at 05:35 AM

Well that makes it one of 2 things...either he posted the wrong file or I am getting it mixed up :P

RE: RE: A Quick Tip For How to fix MSGRES(2).DLL so Msg+ could work by Churro on 02-16-2007 at 07:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
Well that makes it one of 2 things...either he posted the wrong file or I am getting it mixed up :P

Haha LOL thinking that u got mixed up .. and its not the same as his:D.. his version is Longer|-)...MIne is just in 1 Easy Step :D

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Actually, Cookie's post was about msglang.dll... hum... any idea how you got this problem? I'd be interested in reproducing it. Did it happen only after installing Messenger Plus! ?

Yepss ,,, It Happend After It ;) and BTw mine is about MSGRES(2).DLL ... Not Msglang.dll (Y)
RE: A Quick Tip For How to fix MSGRES(2).DLL so Msg+ could work by CookieRevised on 02-16-2007 at 08:14 PM

PS (to set things straight):

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Actually, Cookie's post was about msglang.dll...
It is about a different file but the cause (probably) and solution (certainly) is exactly the same

quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
It is the correct file.

quote:
Originally posted by Churro
Yepss ,,, It Happend After It ;) and BTw mine is about MSGRES(2).DLL ... Not Msglang.dll (Y)
The solutions I posted are for the exact same files being xxxxx(2).dll...

quote:

and its not the same as his:D.. his version is Longer|-)...MIne is just in 1 Easy Step :D
Read again.... What you've posted is exactly the same what I posted.

And your "1 easy step" (which is not 1 step at all, but many steps too) is not the proper detailed solution which I posted too...

The 'short' solution (thus what I've posted and what you posted again in this thread) will not always work either, hence why I posted the 'long' solution too....

Conclussion, MattyRid was absolutely correct to link to the post: CookieRevised's reply to 'Error Message When Installing'.

;)
RE: A Quick Tip For How to fix MSGRES(2).DLL so Msg+ could work by Nathan on 02-16-2007 at 08:16 PM

Cookie's right, its a step with lots of steps in it :P

RE: A Quick Tip For How to fix MSGRES(2).DLL so Msg+ could work by vikke on 02-16-2007 at 09:14 PM

I don't really understand what's this bug is about. Does it prevent MessengerPlus! from loading?

That would be really odd because I see no reason Messenger would load a copy of an DLL.

-vikke

RE: A Quick Tip For How to fix MSGRES(2).DLL so Msg+ could work by MattyRid on 02-16-2007 at 10:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vikke
I don't really understand what's this bug is about. Does it prevent MessengerPlus! from loading?

Mainly prevents Messenger from loading and presents an error message like the one presented in the attachment. Althought it refers to "msgslang(2).dll", as CookieRevised has said, the solution will still be the same regardless.
RE: A Quick Tip For How to fix MSGRES(2).DLL so Msg+ could work by CookieRevised on 02-16-2007 at 10:29 PM

The bug happens because for some reason a copy of the file is made (and named xxxx(2).dll... a third copy would be named xxxx(3).dll). But apparently in doing so, the copy got corrupted and couldn't be loaded.

Why a copy is made is probably because the original file was in use (locked) and thus couldn't be changed.

Why it needs changing beats me (since changes in files are done in memory by Plus! and not physically on disk, IIRC), unless it has something todo with flushing file cache back to disk or whatever.

Since the copy, which Messenger tries to load, got corrupted Messenger doesn't start anymore...

It sounds like a strange (rare) bug happening because of some caching, data corruption prevention of Windows, or even some strange bug in a Windows API or whatever.... (and because of all that, it sounds interesting to know what exactly causes it :p)...

RE: A Quick Tip For How to fix MSGRES(2).DLL so Msg+ could work by Patchou on 02-17-2007 at 05:32 AM

Well, I'm still 100% positive this can't come from Messenger Plus!, I really don't see how this could happen.

RE: A Quick Tip For How to fix MSGRES(2).DLL so Msg+ could work by funkyirishlad on 02-17-2007 at 01:42 PM

quote:
Ok ... I had a problem whit MSGRES(2).DLL after installing Msg+ so i deleted it and my Msg+ worked perfect :D ... So here's a tip for u guys who have this problem

First and Last step :
Close Msn and go to C:Program FilesMSN Messenger ( My Computer ,, Local Disk ,, Program files ,, Msn Messenger)
Then click on it to open it and search for MSGRES(2).DLL  then select it and delete it ... Than start your msn and ... TATATATA .. there u have your MsgPlus !

P.s. IM SURE THAT IT WILL WORK !!!!!!!1:D

it worked...i love you! lol...you are a legend.