Shoutbox

Vista Tabbed Chat no blinky in the task bar - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Vista Tabbed Chat no blinky in the task bar (/showthread.php?tid=71806)

Vista Tabbed Chat no blinky in the task bar by p0wd3r on 02-16-2007 at 12:25 AM

I use Messenger Plus! Live for one reason.  Tabbed chat windows, and auto-file-download-accept-thingy.  Ok, 2 reasons...  But anyways, when tabbed chat is enabled, I enable it for all chats automatically, etc...  And all the chats are grouped just fine, however, when I get a new message the button on the task bar doesn't flash.  Sometimes, the actual tabs won't flash either, say when I'm typing to one person, and some one else that I already have a tab for sends a message, it won't blink.  So I have to constantly cycle through all the tabs to see if I missed anything, which kinda defeats the purpose.  This happens on any Vista system that I use, with the latest Messenger Live and latest Messenger Plus builds.  Even earlier versions of Messenger Live cause the same problems in Vista.

Windows Vista 32 bit - tested on Ultimate, Business, Enterprise.

Thanks for the awesome product, sadly I won't be using it until this works again.  :(

RE: Vista Tabbed Chat no blinky in the task bar by alexp2_ad on 02-16-2007 at 12:42 AM

This is a known fault, and it's been fixed in the latest private betas, so should be available to the general public in a couple weeks. :)

RE: Vista Tabbed Chat no blinky in the task bar by Felu on 02-16-2007 at 04:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Felu
Create a new script and put the following code in it.
code:
function OnEvent_ChatWndReceiveMessage(ChatWnd, Origin, Message, MessageKind){
     Interop.Call("User32", "FlashWindow", ChatWnd.handle, true);
}
That does the trick for me.

RE: Vista Tabbed Chat no blinky in the task bar by p0wd3r on 02-16-2007 at 04:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alexp2_ad
This is a known fault, and it's been fixed in the latest private betas, so should be available to the general public in a couple weeks. :)
AWESOME!  I'm glad to hear that I get my Plus! back!  w00t!  You made my day.  I'll keep an eye out for the next release.