Shoutbox

Gradient Text - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Gradient Text (/showthread.php?tid=71833)

Gradient Text by willas00 on 02-16-2007 at 10:34 PM

Ive been hunting for a Gradient Text script ive had it before but cant find it can any one help me locate it...

thanks

edit:

forgot to mention its for txt being sent out to

RE: Gradient Text by roflmao456 on 02-16-2007 at 10:37 PM

* roflmao456 calls NanaFreak and markee

Message Customizer Live i think..

RE: Gradient Text by NanaFreak on 02-17-2007 at 12:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by roflmao456
* roflmao456 calls NanaFreak and markee

Message Customizer Live i think..
yup Message Customizer! Live... you can download it in the database Here
RE: Gradient Text by willas00 on 02-17-2007 at 12:21 AM

no thats not the 1 its easier than that just a box asks wot 2 colours and done

RE: Gradient Text by NanaFreak on 02-17-2007 at 12:27 AM

I think you are thinking of Message Gradiator which isnt a very good scrpit... the one that i helped make, it can do it to only certain contacts ;) just incase a contact doesnt have MP!L or MP! 3.xx

also do you remember the name of the script?

RE: Gradient Text by willas00 on 02-17-2007 at 12:36 AM

no i dont remember the name

all i know was u install the script > it asks wot 2 colours u want then click ok and done, you txt would appear in the 2 chosen colours when talking to someone i really liked it

RE: Gradient Text by NanaFreak on 02-17-2007 at 12:44 AM

did it look like this:

[Image: MG_thumb.png]
Click for large

if that is it, then it is a bad script and please just use the one that i have helped make ;)

RE: Gradient Text by willas00 on 02-17-2007 at 12:45 AM

yes thats the 1 it was really easy for me and worked

RE: Gradient Text by roflmao456 on 02-17-2007 at 12:45 AM

you can do that without a script .. :P

RE: Gradient Text by NanaFreak on 02-17-2007 at 12:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by willas00
yes thats the 1 it was really easy for me and worked
you have people the dont use Messenger Plus! Live right?

if you do then PLEASE use mine

edit:
quote:
Originally posted by roflmao456
you can do that without a script .. :P
he wants it to be done all the time not just once
RE: Gradient Text by willas00 on 02-17-2007 at 12:49 AM

is that other 1 not avaliable any more

RE: Gradient Text by NanaFreak on 02-17-2007 at 12:54 AM

its not available due to:

• it isnt compatible with Stuff Plug 3
  • development has stopped

our script can be on for certain contacts and you can also do different colours for each contact if you want.

also simplicity is not always the best option ;)
RE: Gradient Text by willas00 on 02-17-2007 at 01:05 AM

ok im using that now

whats the IRC stuff about?

RE: Gradient Text by markee on 02-17-2007 at 01:09 AM

If you would like to suggest some ideas to make our script simplier and easier to use then please feel free to contact us.  You can either reply right here, in the thread about the script (see my signature for the link) or by email (you can find NanaFreak's and me email addresses in our profiles).  We would love to help make our script more appealing for everyone.  The reason why we have it the way we do at the moment is to allow for as many different possibilities as possible.  I do realise by doing so it has become a little harder to use, but there is more customizability (something I feel very strongly about).

There are problems with the other scripts that we have rectified in ours, these include:

• groups/individual colours so as not to annoy people who do not have messenger plus! and therefore cannot see the colours but can only see the colour codes
  • more customizability of the colours used (with easy to use and common colour choosing interfaces)
  • allowing for !commands (in an update to be released soon)
  • can have other formatting (bolding, italics, strike-through and underline)
  • colouring for MP! 3.xx contacts (as there is a new system of colour codes in MP!L but it still allows for the old ones too)

If there is something you would like then just ask please, it will be my pleasure to try and do it for you as I'm sure there are others that haven't asked.

EDIT: The IRC stuff is for your contacts that only have Messenger Plus! 3.xx so as they can see the colouring and formatting.
RE: Gradient Text by NanaFreak on 02-17-2007 at 01:10 AM

quote:
ok im using that now

whats the IRC stuff about?
the IRC stuff is for if you have contacts with Messenger Plus! 3.xx ;)
RE: Gradient Text by willas00 on 02-17-2007 at 12:24 PM

Well to make the script easier i would do an extra section so that you could just chose your text and apply it to all conacts or allow you to be able to select ALL contacts from your conacts list because if you want to apply it for all of your conacts it takes age when you have so many like me....

RE: Gradient Text by markee on 02-17-2007 at 01:06 PM

quote:
Well to make the script easier i would do an extra section so that you could just chose your text and apply it to all conacts or allow you to be able to select ALL contacts from your conacts list because if you want to apply it for all of your conacts it takes age when you have so many like me....
Thanks, I'll look into a multi-selection for it so that you can use ctrl and shift to be able to select multiple.  I'm sorry for the inconvenience (and I can't remember my reasoning for not doing it from the beginning).
RE: Gradient Text by willas00 on 02-17-2007 at 02:02 PM

thanks would make it easier for thoes who just want to select all conacts like me

RE: Gradient Text by willas00 on 02-21-2007 at 10:04 PM

this script has a bug in it or something is wrong ive added all my contacts now if i go to add more it crashes my MSN

RE: Gradient Text by markee on 02-21-2007 at 10:32 PM

quote:
this script has a bug in it or something is wrong ive added all my contacts now if i go to add more it crashes my MSN
You sure it is this script?  I cannot see any reason and have not come across any problem either.  Just to test it, try turning this script (and only this script) off (uncheck in the scripts tab) and try adding a contact again.  I hope it was only a coincidence and not my script's fault.