Shoutbox

My Friend Keeps Booting Me Off Of WLM Somehow!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: My Friend Keeps Booting Me Off Of WLM Somehow!! (/showthread.php?tid=72175)

My Friend Keeps Booting Me Off Of WLM Somehow!! by lilhacker on 02-28-2007 at 05:34 AM

And I have NO idea on how he does this, he calls it "dropping"

he leaves for like 2 seconds, and the next thing you know, my
WLM says "Not Responding"!

RE: My Friend Keeps Booting Me Off Of WLM Somehow!! by NanaFreak on 02-28-2007 at 05:36 AM

he might be spamming you with messages?

RE: My Friend Keeps Booting Me Off Of WLM Somehow!! by deAd on 02-28-2007 at 09:42 PM

If you send a very large message, WLM freezes for approximately two minutes before displaying it -- it's a known bug which is countered by the character limit...which unfortunately is extended by programs like SP3 (plus' extending isn't long enough to freeze it)

RE: My Friend Keeps Booting Me Off Of WLM Somehow!! by Cool Fruits on 03-03-2007 at 01:05 AM

Ummm well this sometimes happens when you know someones password and your signed in and then they sign in on your account. If you have a toast spammer you can crash another persons WLM to the point of it not responding. Change your password maybe?

RE: My Friend Keeps Booting Me Off Of WLM Somehow!! by CookieRevised on 03-03-2007 at 02:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Cool Fruits
Ummm well this sometimes happens when you know someones password and your signed in and then they sign in on your account. If you have a toast spammer you can crash another persons WLM to the point of it not responding. Change your password maybe?
How does the toast spammer relate to signing in from another computer on the same account?

If the "hacker" signed in on your account, you would be signed out and you wouldn't be able to recieve any message/toast/or whatever anymore. So you can't be crashed either with that...
RE: My Friend Keeps Booting Me Off Of WLM Somehow!! by Eddie on 03-03-2007 at 03:44 AM

Maybe a Messenger Plus Live! Script that "lilhacker" Messenger will Respond to that this "friend" has sent to "lilhacker". Very ironic name bt meh *-)

RE: My Friend Keeps Booting Me Off Of WLM Somehow!! by Voldemort on 03-03-2007 at 03:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
Maybe a Messenger Plus Live! Script that "lilhacker" Messenger will Respond to that this "friend" has sent to "lilhacker".
I just don't understand, can you reword :P?
RE: My Friend Keeps Booting Me Off Of WLM Somehow!! by Eddie on 03-03-2007 at 03:53 AM

lol i knew that was hard to understand...so here goes..."Friend" sends a Messenger Plus Live Script to lilhacker (person who posted the thread) that "Friend" can control with text that he enters. Get it now? :P

RE: My Friend Keeps Booting Me Off Of WLM Somehow!! by Voldemort on 03-03-2007 at 04:02 AM

quote:
can control with text that he enters.
buuuuuuuuut it says it crashes :P
RE: My Friend Keeps Booting Me Off Of WLM Somehow!! by Mario Achkar on 03-03-2007 at 08:41 AM

Your contact is probably sending you large amount of characters or emoticons which can easily crash messenger, used to do it a lot...

RE: My Friend Keeps Booting Me Off Of WLM Somehow!! by Felu on 03-03-2007 at 09:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mario Achkar
large amount of emoticons
You can't send more that 5 different custom emoticons in a message :P.
RE: My Friend Keeps Booting Me Off Of WLM Somehow!! by Kenji on 03-03-2007 at 09:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Felu
quote:
You can't send more that 5 custom emoticons in a message :P.
Yes you can...
RE: My Friend Keeps Booting Me Off Of WLM Somehow!! by NanaFreak on 03-03-2007 at 09:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dazmo
quote:
quote:
Yes you can...
if they are the same one ;)
RE: My Friend Keeps Booting Me Off Of WLM Somehow!! by Kenji on 03-03-2007 at 09:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
quote:
Originally posted by Dazmo
quote:
quote:
Yes you can...
if they are the same one ;)
Or by using stuffplug...
RE: My Friend Keeps Booting Me Off Of WLM Somehow!! by Mario Achkar on 03-03-2007 at 10:58 AM

I'm not talking about custom emoticons , any animated emoticon in large numbers can cause a crash

RE: My Friend Keeps Booting Me Off Of WLM Somehow!! by High Speed Chaser on 03-04-2007 at 10:11 AM

try appearing offline then block him and see what happens
there are other programs that have flood protection but I don't think this works for emotions
Stuff-plug has a feature where you can block a person but still talk when you need to (i think)
anyway let me know what happens?

RE: My Friend Keeps Booting Me Off Of WLM Somehow!! by scott2010_h on 03-05-2007 at 04:52 AM

quote:
Maybe a Messenger Plus Live! Script that "lilhacker" Messenger will Respond to that this "friend" has sent to "lilhacker". Very ironic name bt meh *-)
quote:
lol i knew that was hard to understand...so here goes..."Friend" sends a Messenger Plus Live Script to lilhacker (person who posted the thread) that "Friend" can control with text that he enters. Get it now? :P
Wait if WLM crashes then don't all scripts get disabled [Image: xso_huh.gif]
RE: My Friend Keeps Booting Me Off Of WLM Somehow!! by CookieRevised on 03-05-2007 at 11:08 AM

The crash occurs _after_ a so called script has been send and executed, as it is the script which let WLM crash on command.

Furthermore, no scripts aren't always disabled with a crash, it depends on what kind of crash it was.

But all in all, I highly doubt it even was a script send from the "hacker" which caused it. The chances for that are way less than the chance the "hacker" send some very long messages to lilhacker.