Shoutbox

[Request] close or signoff when "winkey + L" is pressed. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Request] close or signoff when "winkey + L" is pressed. (/showthread.php?tid=72362)

[Request] close or signoff when "winkey + L" is pressed. by ezkim0x on 03-06-2007 at 01:46 AM

whenever I leave my computer to go somewhere I always leave my computer on.. but I'm in the habit of pressing the windows key + L to lock my machine while I'm gone.

I know I can simply signoff or close out msn.. but would it be possible to create a script where it automatically logs off or closes msn when I press that key combination?

RE: [Request] close or signoff when "winkey + L" is pressed. by Felu on 03-06-2007 at 10:26 AM

You can use Status Key for it ;).

Wait... The script will not perform the function with WinKey+L because the same HotKey is being used by windows which can't be overwritten. But a script can be made which has its own HotKey which signs you off and locks the computer aswell :)

Code for locking the workstation

code:
Interop.Call("User32", "LockWorkStation");

RE: [Request] close or signoff when "winkey + L" is pressed. by ezkim0x on 03-06-2007 at 10:35 AM

I haven't wrote a plus script before, and not real sure how.

do you think you could write a script that would sign off+lock the system like you said?

you could make the new key be alt+L or ctrl+L

RE: [Request] close or signoff when "winkey + L" is pressed. by Felu on 03-06-2007 at 10:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ezkim0x
do you think you could write a script that would sign off+lock the system like you said?
I can write a very basic script with no interface or options except for enable and disable... Will that do?
RE: [Request] close or signoff when "winkey + L" is pressed. by Cool Fruits on 03-06-2007 at 10:38 AM

Download MDL and use the option to click on mousewheel button and move the mouse in a certain direction. Which will sign out messenger. Simple.. Already done.

RE: RE: [Request] close or signoff when "winkey + L" is pressed. by ezkim0x on 03-06-2007 at 10:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Felu
quote:
I can write a very basic script with no interface or options except for enable and disable... Will that do?

yeah that would be great.
RE: [Request] close or signoff when "winkey + L" is pressed. by Eljay on 03-06-2007 at 11:04 AM

I made a script a while back that changes my status when I lock Windows, but I never released it.
I'm going to work on this script now and I will add a preferences window to it to change what happens when you lock/unlock windows.

----------
I'm planning to just have a few options for each:
Lock:
  Sign out
  Change status to x
Unlock:
  Sign in
  Change status to x (previous status by default)
  Nothing

If you want any more options, just post here and I'll see what I can do...

RE: RE: [Request] close or signoff when "winkey + L" is pressed. by ezkim0x on 03-06-2007 at 11:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Eljay
I made a script a while back that changes my status when I lock Windows, but I never released it.
I'm going to work on this script now and I will add a preferences window to it to change what happens when you lock/unlock windows.

----------
Lock:
  Sign out
  Change status to x
Unlock:
  Sign in
  Nothing

that would be sweet as well.

have an option to disable the unlock though.. although I do like the idea.
RE: [Request] close or signoff when "winkey + L" is pressed. by vaccination on 03-06-2007 at 11:27 AM

quote:

----------
Lock:
  Sign out
  Change status to x
Unlock:
  Sign in
  Nothing

I like the sound of that too, would be a lot easier than changing statuses everytime I lock/unlock (Y)

RE: [Request] close or signoff when "winkey + L" is pressed. by Volv on 03-06-2007 at 11:34 AM

quote:

I think the option 'Nothing' (in the Unlock menu) which Eljay mentions is exactly that :p

quote:
Lock:
  Sign out
  Change status to x
Unlock:
  Sign in
  Nothing
It would be good to have 'Nothing' for Lock/Logout as well because for example a user may want to change their status to 'phone' and log out while they go and take the call in another room, or they may want to change their status to 'lunch' while they have their lunch etc. so they do not want something to overwrite this status (and obviously it would be annoying if you have to configure it each time - especially in the case of a phone call where there isnt much time :P) whereas when they come back and login they want their status to be online again.
RE: [Request] close or signoff when "winkey + L" is pressed. by Eljay on 03-06-2007 at 11:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Volv
quote:

I think the option 'Nothing' (in the Unlock menu) which Eljay mentions is exactly that :p

Exactly.

quote:
quote:
Lock:
  Sign out
  Change status to x
Unlock:
  Sign in
  Nothing
It would be good to have 'Nothing' for Lock/Logout as well because for example a user may want to change their status to 'phone' and log out while they go and take the call in another room, or they may want to change their status to 'lunch' while they have their lunch etc. so they do not want something to overwrite this status (and obviously it would be annoying if you have to configure it each time - especially in the case of a phone call where there isnt much time :P) whereas when they come back and login they want their status to be online again.

Yeh I guess.
* Eljay sticks it in ToDo.txt
RE: RE: [Request] close or signoff when "winkey + L" is pressed. by ezkim0x on 03-06-2007 at 11:43 AM

quote:
quote:

good call.. I didn't even notice that ahah.
RE: [Request] close or signoff when "winkey + L" is pressed. by Felu on 03-06-2007 at 01:42 PM

How would you sign-in if Sign me in automatically isn't ticked :P?

RE: [Request] close or signoff when "winkey + L" is pressed. by lopardo on 03-06-2007 at 01:43 PM

I was making my own script for this too. :sad:

RE: [Request] close or signoff when "winkey + L" is pressed. by Eljay on 03-06-2007 at 01:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Felu
How would you sign-in if Sign me in automatically isn't ticked :P?

You can't. In the case of not having automatic sign-in enabled, you would just have to sign back in manually.
RE: [Request] close or signoff when "winkey + L" is pressed. by Felu on 03-06-2007 at 02:15 PM

Here is a script.
On System Lock-
  Changes Status to Appear Offline if Signed in.
On System Unlock-
  Changes Status back to the old status.
Can be Enabled and Disabled from the Script Menu

Have Fun :).

RE: [Request] close or signoff when "winkey + L" is pressed. by Jesus on 03-06-2007 at 02:29 PM

As discussed in this (quite ancient) thread, messenger already automatically changes your status to Idle when you lock your workstation (if you have "change status after x minutes of inactivity" enabled), but it would be great to have more control over which (personalized) status it is set to.

Eljay, will your script support personalized statuses? (guess not, but would be cool)
Also, when can we expect a release? I'm really looking forward to it :D

RE: [Request] close or signoff when "winkey + L" is pressed. by Felu on 03-06-2007 at 02:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jesus
I'm really looking forward to it :D
The script i posted above your post does something very similar to what Eljay's would do. You can edit it to suit yourself ;). I might think of creating a script with advanced options when i get rid ofmy exams :P.
RE: [Request] close or signoff when "winkey + L" is pressed. by Eljay on 03-06-2007 at 02:50 PM

(8) What's that coming over the hill, is it a preview? (8)

[Image: jmpkcmx4-OnLock_Preview.png]

:P

RE: [Request] close or signoff when "winkey + L" is pressed. by vaccination on 03-06-2007 at 02:56 PM

quote:

=D

looks good (Y) ;p
RE: RE: [Request] close or signoff when "winkey + L" is pressed. by ezkim0x on 03-13-2007 at 12:45 PM

quote:

when do you think you'll be able to release it?
RE: [Request] close or signoff when "winkey + L" is pressed. by Felu on 03-13-2007 at 12:57 PM

I don't think he is planning to release the script :P. Just use the simple one i posted in this thread ;).

RE: [Request] close or signoff when "winkey + L" is pressed. by ezkim0x on 03-13-2007 at 01:07 PM

I think he said something earlier about releasing it.. but I could be wrong.

I am using your script for now though.. it works great.. and thanks!

RE: [Request] close or signoff when "winkey + L" is pressed. by Eljay on 03-13-2007 at 01:09 PM

quote:
I think he said something earlier about releasing it.. but I could be wrong.

I am using your script for now though.. it works great.. and thanks!

I do plan to release it, I just get a little sidetracked quite often. Be patient... :P
RE: [Request] close or signoff when "winkey + L" is pressed. by Oxy on 03-13-2007 at 05:48 PM

quote:

Keep it up? Yes!
RE: [Request] close or signoff when "winkey + L" is pressed. by ezkim0x on 05-08-2007 at 07:23 PM

anything yet?

I found this for aim:

http://www.aim.com/windows/license.adp?download=defaultAway

Default Away
Always forgetting to set your away message? This AIM plugin automatically sets your status to "away" anytime you lock your computer.

which is the only other messenger I have.. so now both will go into effect.

RE: [Request] close or signoff when "winkey + L" is pressed. by ezkim0x on 12-03-2007 at 07:50 PM

any updates?

RE: [Request] close or signoff when "winkey + L" is pressed. by ezkim0x on 12-29-2007 at 12:25 AM

bump

RE: [Request] close or signoff when "winkey + L" is pressed. by Eljay on 12-29-2007 at 12:30 AM

I never actually got around to finishing this off, and I don't actually have the version I made before (I 'lose' stuff a lot :P)
I have some free time atm so I'll try and get this sorted out in the next few days.

RE: [Request] close or signoff when "winkey + L" is pressed. by ezkim0x on 12-29-2007 at 12:30 AM

thank you!

RE: [Request] close or signoff when "winkey + L" is pressed. by Eljay on 12-30-2007 at 12:59 AM

[Release] OnLock - Version 1.0.0
finally :P

RE: [Request] close or signoff when "winkey + L" is pressed. by ezkim0x on 12-30-2007 at 01:08 AM

yayyyyyyyy

thank you