Shoutbox

No MsgPlus UI - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: No MsgPlus UI (/showthread.php?tid=72492)

No MsgPlus UI by jhopper28 on 03-09-2007 at 04:06 PM

I have the latest versions of WLM and MsgPlus installed and running, but there are no MsgPlus UI elements--no Plus! menu on WLM, no way to get to any of the MsgPlus context menu items, no desktop contacts (set up previously), etc. I've uninstalled/reinstalled several times to no avail. I can see in Sysinternals Process Explorer (fancy replacement for TaskMgr) that MsgPlusLive.dll and MsgPlusLiveRes.dll are both currently loaded by msnmsgr.exe, so MsgPlus seems to be running but is completely invisible and inaccessible. I really miss using it--what could be wrong?

RE: No MsgPlus UI by MattyRid on 03-09-2007 at 08:29 PM

Have a read of

Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed?

and

Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING

RE: No MsgPlus UI by jhopper28 on 03-11-2007 at 04:14 AM

None of that applies to me. I've never had SweetIM or SmileyCentral installed on this computer. I have administrator rights on the machine. I used MsgPlus for a long time before this started happening--it just disappeared one day several months ago, and it's still gone after many uninstalls/re-installs of both it and WLM. What else could cause this? There are no error messages or anything that would give me a clue. Are there any logs I can check?