Shoutbox

WLM and NOD32 Antivirus - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: WLM and NOD32 Antivirus (/showthread.php?tid=74119)

WLM and NOD32 Antivirus by MaikelS on 05-03-2007 at 12:16 AM

Im having some problem with both
when im signing in on WLM my CPU usage goes up to 100, and stays that way a long time, making the log in procedure very slow
and even after my contact list is visible, the CPU still  100%

i had the same problem before on Windows XP .. now im using Vista and im having the same problem
But there is a way to stop that.. disabling the NOD32, so the CPU goes back to normal ... and later i can enable it again

On XP, if i uninstall MSG Plus! that dont happen anymore, on Vista i didnt try to uninstall to see what happens, but i think that the problem maybe is the Plus!

Dont know what  makes this happen.. Can anyone  help me?
Thats very annoying and makes the PC slow

*Sorry for my bad english :(

Thank you
:)

RE: WLM and NOD32 Antivirus by Hank on 05-03-2007 at 03:13 AM

im gathering you use Vista yeah?  it could always be an Incompatible Driver that does this, , i saught of get the same issue  an is your NOD32 up to date?

Edit  i can confirm this, Vista 64bit, NOD32 , iv'e disabled MPL ( Latest Version  & Latest WLM ) infact, My PC used to Freeze up just after WLM startup , now iv'e disabled MPL an WLM i no longer get that issue

RE: WLM and NOD32 Antivirus by MaikelS on 05-03-2007 at 01:32 PM

so, it seens to be a incompatibility between MPL and NOD32
the same thing happens on XP and Vista 32/64
it should be good if this issue is fix on the next MPL update
:)

oh, and this post could be moved to MPL Bugs, i didnt post it on there because i didt know if it really was a MPL bug

RE: WLM and NOD32 Antivirus by Sunshine on 05-03-2007 at 01:54 PM

Let me guess, you start up WLM with or immediately after booting up your comp? And you also have automatic updates on for Windows and maybe you let NOD32 update on logon aswell. This could cause the whole system to "lock up".

You can find that in NOD32 Control center >  NOD32 system Tools > Scheduler/Planner
[Image: attachment.php?pid=813715]

You could try to turn the highlighted one off, if not off already.

When starting up WLM 100% CPU usage is normal but not for an extended period.

I myself found Windows Update is causing 100% CPU usage for a long time after logon (boot up). I got tired of waiting for it to go down again so i turned it off (i check frequently manually again).

quote:
Originally posted by ICQ
Edit  i can confirm this, Vista 64bit, NOD32 , iv'e disabled MPL ( Latest Version  & Latest WLM ) infact, My PC used to Freeze up just after WLM startup , now iv'e disabled MPL an WLM i no longer get that issue
Do you use contacts on desktop? If you use these loading the whole may take a bit longer..if you set too many desktop contacts this can be very annoying (i limit mine to 10/12). Can you also do some testing with the NOD32 setting i mentioned (and Windows Update if you want..if its only a immediately after boot up problem)?